Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

robt65

Aug 30, 2013, 9:21 PM

Post #26 of 27 (1155 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Eagle Pass to Puerto Vallarta travel info needed?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello Esperanza,

thanks for the direct link. As soon as they get their site straightened out, I will indeed look at it. I was able to get into every other section on the general site, but I could not open up any of the subtitles on that first index finder. I don't know why unless they are working on that particular section of their general site. Thanks for the heads up.

Robt65
San Juan del Rio
Querétaro

careyeroslib

Aug 31, 2013, 5:33 AM

Post #27 of 27 (1147 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Eagle Pass to Puerto Vallarta travel info needed?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi Robert: We haven´t used IAVE since last September. All I can tell you is how it worked in practice. One thing I do remember is the website didn´t give that much in the way of helpful information. For example, by no means all of the toll roads in Mexico use the IAVE system and, in addition, many of the places they say you can top up, well, you can´t. (That may have improved). Also, at the time they wouldn´t allow topping up by foreign credit cards nor by Mexican debit cards. We had to go to Inbursa (you can also go to Bancomer). We drove all the way to Puerto Vallarta from the border last July (2012) and couldn´t find one single place right on our route to top up the IAVE. (Whose going to wait until bank opens and go into a major city looking for a Bancomer of Inbursa, right?)

Anyway, if you really want confirmation, my advice would be to phone someone directly at IAVE.

Best wishes. Enjoy your meals at La Noria!

Libby
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4