Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

simpsca

Aug 8, 2013, 10:57 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2225 views)

Shortcut

Does anyone know where I can buy a mosquito zapper

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know where I can buy a mosquito zapper? I had one last year but it's broken - got it at Costco. Called Illumina y Decora and they don't have them. Thanks in advance is anyone knows of a place I can buy one.

yucatandreamer

Aug 8, 2013, 4:31 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2193 views)

Shortcut

Re: [simpsca] Does anyone know where I can buy a mosquito zapper

Probably not exactly what you are looking for but way more satisfying than a passive mosquito zapper is the , probably made in China, electrified tennis racquet that they sell on street corners in Merida. I am sure they are offered places that specialize in import "dollar store" type stuff. You can zap em by the hundreds.

rockydog85251

Aug 8, 2013, 5:25 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2186 views)

Shortcut

Re: [yucatandreamer] Does anyone know where I can buy a mosquito zapper

I'm with 'dreamer!!!!! What sweet satisfaction hearing that zzzt when you smack one of those suckers!!! We bought on a corner in Villa de Alvarez, Colima a couple of years ago...it can be plugged in and recharged....still going strong. Good luck and happy hunting!
Willie

Sunnyvmx

Aug 9, 2013, 3:09 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2160 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Does anyone know where I can buy a mosquito zapper

One of the vendors at the Wed. tiangis in Ajijic has the tennis racquet zappers for sale. I thought it was mostly a toy, but now I'll give them more consideration. Mosquitos don't bother me, but the visitors to my patio might have fun with them.

Gringal

Aug 10, 2013, 1:09 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2091 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sunnyvmx] Does anyone know where I can buy a mosquito zapper

I bought on of the "tennis racquet" zappers for forty pesos at the "bargain store" across from the Ajijic Plaza last year. Yeah! Revenge on the little devils. Zap! Snap! ZZZZt! Gone. This one plugs in to re-charge.

simpsca

Aug 11, 2013, 1:48 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2048 views)

Shortcut

Re: [simpsca] Does anyone know where I can buy a mosquito zapper

Thanks everyone. I did manage to find a second hand one. Still haven't seen the tennis raquet zappers but will be on the lookout for one.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4