Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

Gri-lango

Jul 30, 2013, 1:21 PM

Post #1 of 4 (6908 views)

Shortcut

Mexico City tourism

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have not made the time to research official numbers, but this summer, I am noticing a lot more tourists braving my adopted hometown. Both nacionales e internacionales.

It's refreshing because for the last decade I could hardly convince anyone to come visit us in DF. My inner circle professed a love for Mexico but only wanted to visit the resort or colonial towns and bypass DF. This year, I have hosted more visitors than ever; family, friends and work visits are now common and their feedback is always positive.

If it's just my rose colored glasses fooling me, that's ok, I am enjoying the visitors, it helps me learn more about this mega metro area...I am ashamed how little I know...it's a big place.

Marishka

Jul 30, 2013, 8:48 PM

Post #2 of 4 (6870 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gri-lango] Mexico City tourism

I can believe it!

I went to Mexico City way back in 1970. I enjoyed my stay there, but there were many other places in the world I wanted to visit, so I never returned.

Mexico City has been off my radar for quite a while, but I've been reading up on it lately. The more I learn, the more I want to visit that city again.

My husband and I are planning to do some "slow travel" through Mexico for the first few years of our retirement, and Mexico City is definitely on our list.

Anonimo

Jul 31, 2013, 7:35 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6843 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gri-lango] Mexico City tourism

Mexico City is one of our favorite places to visit in Mexico. We spent 3 days there recently, on our way back from the U.S.

Saludos,
Anonimo

La Isla

Jul 31, 2013, 9:50 AM

Post #4 of 4 (6825 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Mexico City tourism

Ever since I moved to Mexico in 2007, when I've had friends from the US come here for a visit, they've always made a beeline for Mexico City, and that's not just because I live there!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4