Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

sioux4noff

Jul 21, 2013, 10:04 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3899 views)

Shortcut

border crossing bybus

Can't Post | Private Reply
Thanks first of all for those who have helped me with advice for my daughter's trip.
They were able to resolve paperwork details and she and her 2 sons now have passport cards, certified birth certificates and bus tickets.
They'll be taking Greyhound to Nuevo Laredo, then Futura from there.
Could someone who has crossed the border on the bus give me specifics of how it works? So I can pass it along to her so she'll be less nervous.
Thanks.

playaboy

Jul 22, 2013, 6:07 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3872 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] border crossing bybus

The bus will stop at the border for IMN and Aduana inspection. You get off the bus, go to IMN and fill out your FMM's forms, pay the fee at Banjercito, return to INM and get forms stamped. Make sure you keep the Banjercito reciept, you might be asked for it upon surrendering the FMM going north. Without if you will might have to pay again. Then you get back on the bus.

sioux4noff

Jul 22, 2013, 9:02 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3842 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] border crossing bybus

Do you have to pay for the FMM at the border? If you don't, can you pay it later, and will it be valid before paying?

playaboy

Jul 22, 2013, 9:32 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3832 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] border crossing bybus

95% of the time you have to pay it there. Sometimes INM is open but the bank is closed. They will take USD. If the Banjercito is closed then you can pay at any bank at a later time. The FMM is valid once INM stamps your passport and their forms.

It is important to keep the receipt from the bank. It is a really easy process, just talk to the bus driver and let him know you will be needing a FMM.

sioux4noff

Jul 22, 2013, 11:49 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3815 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] border crossing bybus

Thanks!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4