First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

AlanMexicali

Aug 22, 2013, 5:08 AM

Post #26 of 33 (11250 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Obtaining birth certificate and apostille

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
What happens to us as Canadians who are about to get our citizenship in México when we do not have a country (Canada) that is part of the signatory that allows for a document to be apostilled? I have a Birth certificate original from Canada, That I had apostilled in New York for my initial entry as an immigrant some four years ago. Does this mean that I have to now apply to get another Original Birth Certificate, have it apostilled again, for my new status, as my present apostilled certificate is not less than three months old? When I requested the original apostilled certificate, I asked for and got two original apostilled certificates? Can I not use the second one now?

Does anyone from Querétaro know if that is what our local INM office in Querétaro requires?

Thank you,

Regards,

Robt65
San Juan del Rio, Querétaro

Another poster asked this question and in Ontario it is called "Certificate of Authentication" and I presume in the rest of Canada,.

"What is an apostille?

An apostille is the authentication of official documents of foreign origin for countries that are signatories of the Hague Convention. Canada is not a signatory of the Hague Convention and therefore does not fall within its requirements. Instead, Canada requires, and is required to provide a Certificate of Authentication."

http://www.mgs.gov.on.ca/en/OffDoc/STEL02_046903.html

robt65

Aug 22, 2013, 5:54 AM

Post #27 of 33 (11240 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Obtaining birth certificate and apostille

Hello AlanMexicali,

Thanks for your response. I am aware of what an apostile is and also of the Canadian version is in a "Certificate of Authentication."
and required to provide a "Certificate of Authentication" for Canadian purposes, however, Canada does not set the standards of immigration for Mexico. When I originally explained the Canadian version, as did my immigration lawyer at the time, when I first applied, I was told as was my immigration lawyer, that only an "apostilled document" was acceptable for Mexican immigration purposes.

This was the reason that I had to have an apostil in the State of New York make an apostilled copy of my Canadian Birth Certificate. This was information printed by the INM at the time and given to both my immigration lawyer and I in Tampico where this was originally initiated. ON that paper were a list of "recognized and acceptable Apostils to complete the necessary apostile document for Canadian Birth certificates.

So my questions still remain.

1. Is my original apostile for my Canadian Birth Certificate still good or do I need to get another, and . . . . .

2. Has any Canadian (especially helpful in Querétaro) had any first hand knowledge of what the requirement is for our local office of INM?

3. Does anyone know of such an "approved Apostil list" today that is acceptable by the Mexican INM?

It seems as always, that each federal office of INM has different understandings of what is required.

Regards,

Robt65
San Juan del Rio
Querétaro

citlali

Aug 22, 2013, 6:30 AM

Post #28 of 33 (11232 views)

Shortcut

If your birth certificate is Canadian how can you have an apostilled from NY? Canada is not part of the treaty so you must have a certification process , ask your consulate or another Canadian who had to go through the same thing.
If you have an original birth certificate I would think you can have it certified without having to get another one but that would depends on Canadian law.

I had to give an apostilled document, I think our marriage license to the INM and I had several apostilled done at the same time but that was a total waste of time .

Last year when I applied for citizenship. SRE requested an apostilled birth certificate that is not over 3 months old. I had to get another birth certificate get it apostilled and then translated by an approved court translator all within 3 months. I do not remember hearing from the immigration it had to be less then 3 months but it may depend on the office processing the papers.
I know that in France any official document has to be less than 3 month old to be valid and I think it is the same in Mexico but I do not know that for sure.

stevebrtx

Aug 22, 2013, 7:24 AM

Post #29 of 33 (11222 views)

Shortcut

Re: [citlali] Obtaining birth certificate and apostille

Add this to your list of "huh"? - my neighbor moved here from TX in April, jumped through all the hoops in Dallas, spent $25 for the "magic document" and they didn't even want to see it? I'll either clear through Laredo or San Antonio and I'm going to hold back on mine and see if they ask.
http://www.chapalaweather.net

YucaLandia

Aug 22, 2013, 8:20 AM

Post #30 of 33 (11214 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Obtaining a MEXICAN Certified birth certificate from Canada

Alternate Route to getting a Canadian Birth Record certified to Mex. Gob. standards:
"(if the) document is issued in Canada it must be notarized, legalized by the Mexican Consulate or Embassy in Canada, and translated into Spanish.http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/...ary/index.php/inicio

The SRE Website for Canada describes the Legalization process as:
http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/...d=1255&Itemid=41

Happy Trails,
steve

-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

stevebrtx

Sep 9, 2013, 3:28 PM

Post #31 of 33 (11058 views)

Shortcut

Just cleared through the Laredo Consulate today, in at 1pm, out at 1:30 with a new Temporal. All they wanted was the form, 6 months statements and copy of passport, no Bcert, NO apostille, wasn't even interested. No one there, I walked straight in, only one other person came while I was there. Very nice place, small, very pleasant and efficient.

Now, their buddies on the S shore? - took me 20 minutes at Bridge #1 just to get them to take my old FM3, it was like that never happened before, they didn't know exactly how to deal with it.

AND, IT IS BRIDGE #1 FOR THE FM3, of course Bridge E#2 for the TIP.

RickS

Sep 9, 2013, 3:52 PM

Post #32 of 33 (11055 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] Obtaining birth certificate and apostille

"AND, IT IS BRIDGE #1 FOR THE FM3..."

Could you clarify what you mean here? Bridge #2 also has IMN offices. I'm confused.

stevebrtx

Sep 9, 2013, 4:18 PM

Post #33 of 33 (11050 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Obtaining birth certificate and apostille

And that was what I was absolutely assured it WAS #2 - so, I turned in my TIP, went in and they said no way, go to bridge #1 which is a PITA, although the folks were nice, but they seemed amazed by the whole scenario as I explained turning in everything, going to the Consulate, getting a new TIP and Fmm - but finally they agreed and took it.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4