Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

mchalkley

Jun 24, 2013, 3:00 PM

Post #1 of 5 (9433 views)

Shortcut

driving through Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Are there any updates about driving safely through Mexico from Dallas to Puerto Vallarte?

La Isla

Jun 24, 2013, 4:23 PM

Post #2 of 5 (9424 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mchalkley] driving through Mexico

You might want to post this in the Traveling Mexico section of the Mexconnect Forums. This area is for questions about using the forum, not questions about traveling in Mexico.

Altahabana

Jun 25, 2013, 4:45 AM

Post #3 of 5 (9373 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mchalkley] driving through Mexico

The border areas around Laredo/Nuevo Laredo and Eagle Pass/Piedras Negras have been quiet for the past few months. The only areas in north central Mexico I am aware of that have been experiencing violence are in Zacatecas, centered around Fresnillo. With that exception I think the overall situation has improved.

chicois8

Jun 25, 2013, 7:31 AM

Post #4 of 5 (9350 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Altahabana] driving through Mexico

In Reply To
The border areas around Laredo/Nuevo Laredo and Eagle Pass/Piedras Negras have been quiet for the past few months. The only areas in north central Mexico I am aware of that have been experiencing violence are in Zacatecas, centered around Fresnillo. With that exception I think the overall
situation has improved.

Or not being reported, thanks PRI
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

Altahabana

Jun 25, 2013, 8:47 AM

Post #5 of 5 (9336 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] driving through Mexico

I live in Nuevo Laredo and when something significant happens, the word gets out. The local media has NEVER reported on narco-violence since I've lived here, except what the Zetas tell them to report. Things have been quiet around here for several months. From visual observation it is obvious the Army, PF and state police are trying to control cartel activity as opposed to aggressively trying to engage them.

From what I know from friends, business contacts and family the situation seems the same along the Highway 57 corridor in Coahuila and in Monterrey. The situation in Zacatecas is more volitile because the Zetas and Gulf Cartel are fighting for control of the major cities of the state. The violence though is centered around Fresnillo.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4