Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next page Last page  View All

YucaLandia

May 14, 2013, 5:55 AM

Post #326 of 443 (26682 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Irishincolumbus] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Picked up my Permanent Residency card yesterday. Our Merida office only gives out the cards between 12:00 and 1:00. Applied March 21. Got fingerprinted and turned in fotos and $$ on April 23. Received card May 13, 2013. No financial statements needed. 3 prior yrs on FM3 + 2 yrs on FM2. All easy and routine - exactly as described by Rollybrook.com as Yucalandia.com. No drama.
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

JenniferLAyres

May 15, 2013, 2:21 PM

Post #327 of 443 (26574 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Hi there,

I also want to self-employ as an English teacher and may need assistance with obtaining an FM3. Would you mind sharing with me the name and telephone number of the lawyer you said was helpful and also any contacts for earning certification for teaching English.

Thanks!
Jennifer

La Isla

May 15, 2013, 2:25 PM

Post #328 of 443 (26571 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JenniferLAyres] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Are you in Mexico City?

TedZar

May 19, 2013, 9:29 PM

Post #329 of 443 (26328 views)

Shortcut

Entering Mexico with PR visa - What entry document at the border?

| Private Reply
Congratulations on your PR card, Steve!

Question if I may. I'll be entering Mexico at Tijuana in early June and heading down to Ensenada. Is there a specific entry document that I need to obtain when I enter? Something the INM will be wanting when I go there a few days later?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

TedZar

YucaLandia

May 23, 2013, 10:11 AM

Post #330 of 443 (26201 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TedZar] Entering Mexico with PR visa - What entry document at the border?

| Private Reply
Hi Ted,
When we flew out of Cancun to the USA last week, I had to fill out an FMM, describing "where I would be staying in Mexico", and on "what flight did i use to enter Mexico".... Leave the Flight Number blank... Leave the Return date blank - because you might not return on the day you plan/expect.

Other than the Kafka-esque aspects of filling-out paperwork describing my projected entry into Mexico - as I left Mexico - They boldly hand-wrote " Residente Permanente" across the top of the bottom half of the FMM card, stamped both parts with my Mexican departure date, and stamped the exit date for leaving Mexico in my passport - (making 2 stamps: exit and re-entry, for every trip out of Mexico - pointing to needing a new US passport in the future since the pages are filling up fast). Re-entry into Mexico through Cancun 6 days later was slick and painless.

Based on this, you will likely have to fill out an FMM...
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

TedZar

May 23, 2013, 2:36 PM

Post #331 of 443 (26142 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Entering Mexico with PR visa - What entry document at the border?

| Private Reply
Thanks, Steve;

I probably wasn't clear. This will be my initial entry into Mexico with my PR visa in my passport obtained from the embassy in Thailand where I have lived for the last twelve years.

That cambio check sounds like a good thing to double check when I enter.

CanGuy78

May 27, 2013, 1:22 PM

Post #332 of 443 (25971 views)

Shortcut

Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Just got back from INM in DF, easy as pie. Went and waited in line to speak with the "information kiosk" who sent us to another queue for the "information counter", waited about 30 minutes for my turn, got told what paperwork I needed and was told to go to another counter to get a form to take to the bank. Paid $3130 pesos.

Went to the bank, waited in another line, paid. Went and got my photos done and photocopies of everything I needed, total cost $105 pesos. Used the internet at an internet cafe to fill out the form on INM website and print it, total cost $23 pesos.

Went back to the INM office and waited in line again for about 45 minutes, handed in my forms and got my NUT.

Total time: 4 hours

Cost: 1 year residente temporal - 3130
Photos and copies: 105
Internet Cafe: 23
Lunch: 290
Total: $3548 pesos

Overall an easy process but rather time consuming to do so little.

La Isla

May 27, 2013, 1:26 PM

Post #333 of 443 (25964 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CanGuy78] Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Just got back from INM in DF, easy as pie. Went and waited in line to speak with the "information kiosk" who sent us to another queue for the "information counter", waited about 30 minutes for my turn, got told what paperwork I needed and was told to go to another counter to get a form to take to the bank. Paid $3130 pesos.

Went to the bank, waited in another line, paid. Went and got my photos done and photocopies of everything I needed, total cost $105 pesos. Used the internet at an internet cafe to fill out the form on INM website and print it, total cost $23 pesos.

Went back to the INM office and waited in line again for about 45 minutes, handed in my forms and got my NUT.

Total time: 4 hours

Cost: 1 year residente temporal - 3130
Photos and copies: 105
Internet Cafe: 23
Lunch: 290
Total: $3548 pesos

Overall an easy process but rather time consuming to do so little.[/reply

Does this mean you now have the RT visa in hand? I'm still waiting over a month to go to the second step to change my No Inmigrante visa for an RP card and was told last week that it will take at least one more month. I have not found the process "easy a pie" for me.

nomore

May 27, 2013, 1:59 PM

Post #334 of 443 (25953 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

|
As a third party observer - I'd like to suggest that at this point, if you are both trying to accomplish the same thing - at the same INM office, that you compare the contents of the INM web-page which shows your progress.

My progress stalled when my page did not show "Payment received". That put me 2 weeks behind my wife, who received her NUT the same day I did.

Just a thought.

La Isla

May 27, 2013, 2:26 PM

Post #335 of 443 (25946 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chuck4430] Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
We're doing different things - I´m changing from No Inmigrante lucrativa with 4 prórrogas, making me eligible to apply for Residente Permanente. It appears that CanGuy78 is applying for a first-time one-year Residente Temporal visa.

CanGuy78

May 27, 2013, 4:09 PM

Post #336 of 443 (25929 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Does this mean you now have the RT visa in hand? I'm still waiting over a month to go to the second step to change my No Inmigrante visa for an RP card and was told last week that it will take at least one more month. I have not found the process "easy a pie" for me.

No I don't have my RT visa yet, today was my first visit to INM but the initial process was easy and I got my NUT to check the status.

The girl said I should check it in a week or two and then check periodically from there on in as to my RT visa status.

La Isla

May 27, 2013, 4:14 PM

Post #337 of 443 (25924 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
That's what I thought. Unless you are extremely lucky, don't count on being called back to complete the next step in the process for at least a month. When I went to INM last Monday and asked what the average wait has been for people to receive their cards, the young woman I spoke to reluctantly mumbled something about a month, but she didn't seem very sure about it.

CanGuy78

May 27, 2013, 4:17 PM

Post #338 of 443 (25923 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
That's what I thought. Unless you are extremely lucky, don't count on being called back to complete the next step in the process for at least a month. When I went to INM last Monday and asked what the average wait has been for people to receive their cards, the young woman I spoke to reluctantly mumbled something about a month, but she didn't seem very sure about it.

I'm in no hurry to be quite honest. I don't have any plans on leaving the country anytime soon, which would be quite difficult for me as there's no stamp in my passport for the arrival trip last month and my little FMM says 30 day limit, so until I get my card I am stuck here unless I want to pay fines for overstaying, which of course I don't.

La Isla

May 27, 2013, 4:22 PM

Post #339 of 443 (25914 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Having to wait and wait for a residence visa can become a problem if you need it for taking care of things like signing up for health insurance with IMSS, which is the situation I'm in at the moment. I wasn't thinking about needing the card to leave the country, though I was hoping to visit the States in September.

AlanMexicali

May 28, 2013, 6:34 AM

Post #340 of 443 (25870 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Having to wait and wait for a residence visa can become a problem if you need it for taking care of things like signing up for health insurance with IMSS, which is the situation I'm in at the moment. I wasn't thinking about needing the card to leave the country, though I was hoping to visit the States in September.

CanGuy78 says he has no stamp upon arrival in his passport but did get a 30 day FMM. Didn´t FHBOY have a problem with no entrance stamp in his passport and no FMM when being processed here in Mexico from his 6 month Mexican Consulate visa in his passport in the end?

BryanC

Jun 4, 2013, 7:14 PM

Post #341 of 443 (25627 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Recent INM experience
Went today on June 4th.
My situation: I have been here in Chiapas since June 2009. My wife is a Mexican National. Our child, who was born in US, is a dual citizen. I went to change my FM3 to a Residente Permanente, based on the fact I was the parent of a child who is a Mexican citizen.
What happened:
Of the slew of paperwork I gave her, the INM representative gave me back all except for the following:
1) INM internet application with the "pieza" number
2) Copy of passport (ID page only) and FM3 card
3) Copy of my daughter's Mexican birth certificate (the one we obtained in the Mexican consulate in NC in 2008)
4) Copy of daughter's CURP (I threw in copies of my daughter's Acta de Bautizo and school enrollment form, she kept those as well)
5) Copy of wife's birth certificate
6) Three most recent bank statements
7) Copy of recent Telmex bill, verifying our address
8) A letter requesting change of estancia. I had written one in a basic format I found on the internet, but the lady asked my wife to go to a nearby ciber cafe and have another one typed up. She wanted basically the same thing, except a statement from my wife stating that she was a Mexican citizen, she had been married to me for 12 years, and that we had a 7 year old daughter.

We went to the bank and paid the fees ($1000 MXN plus $3815 MXN) and returned to INM to provide proof of payment. The INM rep said it should be about 10 days before receiving the Residente Permanente.

So, hopefully in a few days, I will receive the new card and never have to worry about future renewals.
Until then,
Bryan

salto_jorge

Jun 16, 2013, 6:52 AM

Post #342 of 443 (25292 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Is there a disconnect between the INM process and VISA Process at the Mexican consulate.

Although one has a VISA and everything was provided for resident card of some kind, INM (Jalisco) wants more information.

1) Online "Formato para solicitar tramite de estancia" (has its own Pieza)
2) Copies of Visa, Passport, pictures, FMM for when entered Mexico
3) Payment of $$ 3,130 at the local bank
4) "Comprobante de Registro de Solicitud" (Has it own Pieza and password)
5) Next one must check: http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Seguimiento_de_Tramite
6) At the bottom of the link there is another link to :
http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Pre_Registro_Formato_Basico.html#nut

If the dates are correct on the web site, Jalisco is looking at 30 Days to get anything.

(This post was edited by salto_jorge on Jun 16, 2013, 6:53 AM)

La Isla

Jun 16, 2013, 9:49 AM

Post #343 of 443 (25266 views)

Shortcut

Re: [salto_jorge] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Only 30 days to get your card? I've been living in Mexico for almost 6 years and have been waiting almost two months to get mine. A friend who has been here almost as long as me waited 4 months to get his. So consider yourself lucky if yours is issued in a month!

Sea Conquest

Jun 18, 2013, 5:29 PM

Post #344 of 443 (25166 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Just wanted to follow up on our experience getting temporary residence. We applied at the consulate in San Diego in March. Provided them with all the information they required and had our visas in our passports by the end of the week. My husband crossed the border by car in Nogales on June 1st. My son and I arrived by plane into Puerto Vallarta on June 3rd. We all received an FMM for Canje at the border. My husband did not need a menaje de casa approved by the consulate to move our household goods via truck and trailer. We did make a menaje-like list of everything with approximate values, which expedited his border crossing in Nogales.

We met with our attorney to begin processing our temporary residence cards on June 4th. We were fingerprinted last week in Nuevo Vallarta and received our green cards from Mexico City yesterday, June 17th. 13 days total! During that time, my husband had to fly back to the States, so our attorney also prepared an exit permit for him. I cannot recommend our attorney, Sergio Santana in Bucerias, more highly. Although I am an attorney in the U.S., and probably could have handled everything in Mexico with a little bit of patience and some elbow grease, I am very pregnant and thought that outsourcing would be a good idea. I am very glad we did.

Our attorney is now in the process of getting our TIP extended (and hopefully preserving our deposit). After the baby is born, he will assist us with getting the baby's Mexican passport and, if we decide to stay long-term, can apply for permanent residence on the basis of our baby's citizenship.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great advice on this site.

BryanC

Jun 18, 2013, 5:45 PM

Post #345 of 443 (25157 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BryanC] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Here is an update to my June 4th posting...

On June 4th, I was told all my paperwork was in order and to return in 10 days. I returned today and was told that the process had not been started because I was missing two documents. They had one of the documents, which they realized when I pointed it out. The other document that was missing was something that I had given to them on the 4th, but they had returned to me saying that it was not needed. I gave them the document (again) and they told me to return next week for my fingerprinting, etc,. then return in 8-10 days for the permanent residency.

I wish that the right hand knew what the left was doing, but despite the mix-up, the process is still a lot better than it was a few years ago. I just keep in mind that once I get this, no more INM visits.

Bryan

esperanza

Jun 18, 2013, 6:12 PM

Post #346 of 443 (25155 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Only 30 days to get your card? I've been living in Mexico for almost 6 years and have been waiting almost two months to get mine. A friend who has been here almost as long as me waited 4 months to get his. So consider yourself lucky if yours is issued in a month!

Judy has been living in Mexico for 8 years. She applied for Residente Permanente--with all the correct paperwork--on April 24, the first day it was possible given the expiration date of her FM-2. She's still waiting. Monday (June 17) she went back to INM here in Mexico City and they asked her to fill out a WHERE IS MY VISA? form, since she should have had it some time ago. (The law says 20 días hábiles.)

Plus which, on Friday the 21st we are leaving the country for 10 days. Due to INM incompetence, she had to pay an extra 320 pesos ON TOP OF the fee for the Permanente--to get a travel permit letter.

So far she has been to INM 8 times (eight!) since April 24 due to their SNAFU's. She is over it, believe me. I am grateful every day that I am a Mexican citizen.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Jun 18, 2013, 6:15 PM)

La Isla

Jun 18, 2013, 6:18 PM

Post #347 of 443 (25147 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Esperanza, my hearfelt sympathy to Judy. Her experience makes mine seem like a walk in the park. Tomorrow I'm going to INM to have my fingerprints taken, so I expect I should have my card not too long after that, but I´m not holding my breath, since I don't look so good in blue :).

CanGuy78

Jun 19, 2013, 7:57 AM

Post #348 of 443 (25113 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

As an update, when I went to INM they told me 15 days, it's now been over 3 weeks and there is no change at all in my Visa status.

Hopefully I'll have it by the end of July. Good ole Mexico bureaucracy.

La Isla

Jun 19, 2013, 12:39 PM

Post #349 of 443 (25079 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Esperanza, my hearfelt sympathy to Judy. Her experience makes mine seem like a walk in the park. Tomorrow I'm going to INM to have my fingerprints taken, so I expect I should have my card not too long after that, but I´m not holding my breath, since I don't look so good in blue :).

Here I am, talking to myself again ... This morning I arrived at INM-DF a little before 11:00 a.m. and was out in under an hour. While waiting in a sort-of line to give my fingerprints, the final step in the process, I was singled out for special attention by an INM gendarme. He asked for my passport, so he could give to someone working behind the "huellas" counter, so I could be taken care of out of turn. When I asked why, he told me it was because of my "edad". Apparently, anyone waiting in line who looks to be over 50 is given preferential treatment! Now all I have to do is wait 2 to 3 weeks for a "presentarse" notice to appear on my"Seguimiento de Trámite" webpage, and I'll be able to return to the bureaucratic "zoo" on Ejército Nacional and pick up my Residente Permanente card, ˇpor fin!

esperanza

Jun 19, 2013, 1:03 PM

Post #350 of 443 (25072 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Moving a senior-age person ahead of the line is common in Mexico. When I went to vote last July, the line snaked halfway around the block. A line monitor saw me walk up and escorted me to the front of the line. "Seńora, usted es mayor de edad. Pásese." That and having some young thing give me a seat on the Metrobús are about the only two perks I can think of in being an old person. Well, and the INAPAM discounts.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4