Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

jorgensen

Jun 11, 2013, 3:24 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4270 views)

Shortcut

Help Libby Townsend

Can't Post | Private Reply
I saw Libby today. She was in her office at Bugambilias Plaza. She's hanging in there despite not sleeping well, as I can well imagine. She wants to honor her late mother, Jeanne Chaussee, by planning a fiesta for her. But she needs our help; not necessarily financial, but to lend a hand with setup, decoration, clean-up, whatever we can contribute.

Jeanne did a lot for this community, and now it's time to pay it back with our time, our caring, and whatever else we can give in her memory.

Libby would like everyone who can contribute a little time and assistance to meet at 4pm tomorrow (Wednesday) at Mannix Restaurant - upstairs. I'll be there. Hope you can make it, too.

Rolly

Jun 11, 2013, 5:20 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4241 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jorgensen] Help Libby Townsend

Whar city?
How to contact?

Rolly Pirate

jorgensen

Jun 11, 2013, 5:24 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4235 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Help Libby Townsend

Sorry - in Ajijic. Too far away from you, I'm afraid. Not sure how to contact Libby directly, but her boss Shawn, who was with her today can be reached at reporter@theguadalajarareporter.com.

simpsca

Jun 14, 2013, 8:49 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4012 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jorgensen] Help Libby Townsend

Libby's office is in Plaza Buganbilias near El Torito in Ajijic/La Floresta, Jalisco. She lived with her mom in Ajijic and I'm sure she is having problems since there used to be two incomes to pay the rent, etc. I stopped by today and gave her 200 pesos toward the celebration of her mother's life, Jeanne Chausse. Jeanne was so important in most of our lives near Lake Chapala keeping us informed of events and goings on about town in the Guadalajara Reporter. Her mother's celebration of life will be June 22, I believe in the Ajijic Plaza. I told Libby I'd help in any way I can and left her my email address. Also told her I would post the end of life celebration (what her mother would want) on chat boards as soon as she sends it to me.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4