Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

lindamandala

Jun 6, 2013, 2:06 PM

Post #1 of 1 (4619 views)

Shortcut

official contact re car importation??

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know who might be the "official person" connected with Aduanas that might be petitioned regarding the possibility of re-opening the vehicle registration place in Manzanillo at the Port? Apparently they used to legalize cars there some years ago - I have spoken to a couple of people who have done it in the past, but they closed that place. Now seems to be a really good time to see if they might be willing to even temporarily re-open the possibility for all the people who are struggling trying to figure out how to legalize cars for whom it is difficult to drive to the border to do it, or who do not want to risk sending money to someone they do not know and hoping that it "works out" I just wonder if we had someone to write to or phone or contact maybe we could address this possibility. Also, those (I know a few) who are devastated by the fact that because their car is made in Japan they have to now get it out and sell it and buy a Mexicanized car. This is really hard for a lot of people, surely somehow this can be made easier to "do the right thing." Noone is arguing that we need to legalize, it just needs to be made easier so we can do it.
Linda Mandala

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4