Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

Gibbon

May 31, 2013, 1:35 PM

Post #1 of 5 (7016 views)

Shortcut

Renovation of American Legion at Celaya 25

Can't Post | Private Reply

The American Legion at Celaya 25 in the Condesa has undergone a major renovation. The interior has been painted and wooden floors installed. The appearance is far brighter and more pleasing to the eye. The menu has American basics with some Asian specials such as tempura and teppanyaki courtesy of the Japanese chef once our kitchen supervisor. The hamburgers have earned the accolade of being called the best in Mexico City. No claim will be made for the food being haute cuisine, but the quality is superb and quite reasonable.

The bookstore on the second floor – Under the Volcano Books – was featured in the current edition of Forbes Magazine, May 15 2013, on page 38. If you need any affirmation of the quality of Grant Cogswell’s selection, go to his website – www. underthevolcanobooks.com/‎.

There are no loud-mouthed drunks at the bar and nobody wanting to nuke the world. The place is now channeling our efforts to bring the young, particularly Mexicanos, here.

The Legion is open from 1:00 PM to 11:00 PM most nights, except Fridays and Saturdays when it will be open to 1:00 AM. Closed Mondays. Stop in and give us a try.

Anonimo

May 31, 2013, 4:53 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6982 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gibbon] Renovation of American Legion at Celaya 25

Do I understand correctly that the restaurant is open to the public at large, without American Legion affiliation? That is implied in your post, but I wanted to be sure.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Gibbon

May 31, 2013, 6:19 PM

Post #3 of 5 (6968 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Renovation of American Legion at Celaya 25

Yes. That is correct. We hope that if you enjoy our place you will join as a social member, but that is not mandatory.

La Isla

May 31, 2013, 7:21 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6960 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gibbon] Renovation of American Legion at Celaya 25

Thanks for this post. I've been meaning to visit Under the Volcano, and I'm going to try to make it over there soon. I'm not yearning for a good burger, but Japanese food is definitely up my alley....!

99thin

Jul 10, 2013, 7:21 AM

Post #5 of 5 (6553 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Renovation of American Legion at Celaya 25

very useful information. thanks a lot for this.

thanks
http://www.99th.in

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4