Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

CRAZBS

May 15, 2013, 6:15 AM

Post #1 of 9 (3574 views)

Shortcut

Need MRI?? Recommendations?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck or shoulder, was told in US that I needed an MRI to the tune of $1,200 or more! Hoping I can have that done here(Ajijic area). Does anyone have any input as to a good Doctor or clinic where I can go for something like that? Or maybe any other ideas on a Doctor that can treat something like this. I have had pain in my right arm and tingling/numbness in my right hand for a couple of months. Treatment in the US helped some but I couldn't afford the MRI to see what the whole problem is. Thanks for any input.

DavidHF

May 15, 2013, 3:39 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3539 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CRAZBS] Need MRI?? Recommendations?

It will have to be done in Guadalajara. See a local Dr. to arrange.

CRAZBS

May 16, 2013, 5:42 AM

Post #3 of 9 (3494 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Need MRI?? Recommendations?

I figured that might be the case. Any recommendations for a good doctor around Ajijic that speaks English.
Thanks

ecollard

May 16, 2013, 5:47 AM

Post #4 of 9 (3493 views)

Shortcut

I had a similar problem a number of years ago. It was a physical therapist who, in the end, gave me exercises to do that resolved the problem. In my case, the PT used the "cranio-sacral" method. I was amazed at how the gentle manipulations that she did took care of it.
I've heard very good things about the PT in Chapala in the tall white medical building that's on the left as you enter Chapala from the west. If you want his name and phone, send me a private email and I will get it for you.
Eileen

DavidHF

May 16, 2013, 5:49 AM

Post #5 of 9 (3491 views)

Shortcut

Dr. Leon in Ajijic or Dr. Juan Pablo Loza in Chapala. Both have excellent reps.

bronco

May 16, 2013, 7:10 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3476 views)

Shortcut

dr. leon is the one to see.

DavidHF

May 16, 2013, 11:30 AM

Post #7 of 9 (3438 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] Need MRI?? Recommendations?

It's a personal choice. I prefer Dr. Juan Pablo. Never the less, both are highly regarded which is why a recommended them.

CRAZBS

May 16, 2013, 12:52 PM

Post #8 of 9 (3419 views)

Shortcut

Great, thanks for the input. I can't wait to get this taken care of, it's driving me nuts!

suds

May 16, 2013, 1:43 PM

Post #9 of 9 (3413 views)

Shortcut

You don't need to see either of those doctors. a good physio should be able to give you the appropriate non obtrusive exercises. if they are severe exercises,he is the wrong physio. As an athlete,been there done that. Those things down your arms are called burners and I always had them down both arms at the end of the season and on long drives. Recently I did something that called for corticosteriod injections to 2 specific sites in my shoulder muscles. Dr. Santiago Hernandez in the same building did them 4 months ago and I'm still good to go. Try the physio exercises first. You definitely don't need an MRI.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4