Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

margojean

May 14, 2013, 5:25 AM

Post #1 of 14 (4410 views)

Shortcut

Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply
Looking for a 2011-2012 SUV, mid-sized, like a Murano, Rogue, Ford Escape (2013) or comparable vehicle, with lots of extras including a back-up camera. Mexican plated.

If you have one, or a suggestion of where to look, you can post your reply or PM me.

We plan to buy one in June.
margojean

mevale

May 14, 2013, 6:13 AM

Post #2 of 14 (4397 views)

Shortcut

Re: [margojean] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Looking for a 2011-2012 SUV, mid-sized, like a Murano, Rogue, Ford Escape (2013) or comparable vehicle, with lots of extras including a back-up camera. Mexican plated.

If you have one, or a suggestion of where to look, you can post your reply or PM me.

We plan to buy one in June.

Simple. Go the the appropriate dealer for the model you're looking for. Talk to the sales manager in the used department and tell him (her) what you are looking for, tell them it's a cash deal, give them your contact info and go home and wait. Or maybe you'll get lucky and see what you want on the lot. When I did this though, I found that there isn't a huge inventory for 2011 and 2012. Lots of 2009 and 2008.

stevebrtx

May 14, 2013, 8:49 AM

Post #3 of 14 (4367 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mevale] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply
Or go over to S&S and see Stewart, I'd bet he can find you what you want.
http://www.chapalaweather.net

johanson

May 14, 2013, 9:09 AM

Post #4 of 14 (4361 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply
Steve, do you mean Spencer? I just used Spencer of S&S autos to help me purchase a Mexican plated car, a Honda CRV. He was a great help.

stevebrtx

May 14, 2013, 9:35 AM

Post #5 of 14 (4355 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply
Oops, yes, again my apology, I'm losing it apparently.

mevale

May 14, 2013, 9:56 AM

Post #6 of 14 (4348 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Or go over to S&S and see Stewart, I'd bet he can find you what you want.

Just be aware of the fact that Spencer will charge you about $400 US if he finds the car. If he doesn't find you a car it's a couple of hundred pesos for his gas and time. I know Spencer. He's a good guy and will treat you fairly.

If you want to do it yourself and don't speak Spanish, I would recommend hiring a local language teacher (or someone who is proficient in English and Spanish) to go with you. It's a major transaction and you don't want any confusion due to language problems.

(This post was edited by mevale on May 14, 2013, 9:58 AM)

Septiembre

May 14, 2013, 11:30 AM

Post #7 of 14 (4331 views)

Shortcut

Re: [margojean] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply
You'll pay nearly as much for a late model loaded used car as a new one. May as well just figure out what car you want and go to that dealer and order it. You'll pay the same price everywhere, there are no car dealers in this country, just order takers and retail chargers.

If a new car, Spencer gets paid by the dealer for helping you.

stevebrtx

May 14, 2013, 2:51 PM

Post #8 of 14 (4299 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
BE AWARE THAT SPENCER WILL CHARGE YOU $400?????????????? Wow, revaluation - Spencer actually WORKS for you and gets paid a reasonable commission - who would have thought this could actually happen in Mexico? You people are unbelievable, you pay, pay, pay through every orifice in your bodies to con men, scam artists and flat our crooks and here is an honest guy capable of providing an honest service for a measly commission and you have to warn against it ?????? - wow, bring on the tequila, I need another double shot?

RickS

May 14, 2013, 3:54 PM

Post #9 of 14 (4288 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Wow, Steve, I guess I didn't read that post the way you read it. I saw it as just a head's up. The rest of the paragraph actually sings his praises.

Just saying.....

chinagringo

May 14, 2013, 6:45 PM

Post #10 of 14 (4260 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Septiembre] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply
Septiembre:

Before making absolute statement about Spencer, you might do everyone a favor by doing some research. Having had a face-to-face conversation with Spencer on this very subject, it is an absolute that your post is inaccurate and misleading!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Septiembre

May 15, 2013, 5:00 AM

Post #11 of 14 (4237 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply
I have no idea what you are talking about. I have talked to Spencer and you don't live in this country so how would you know? Have you personally inquired of him about his services?

He told me personally that there is no charge for his services on a new car. He charges 5000 pesos to help find a used one. He is actually acting as an agent for new cars and has a new Ford escape on his lot as a sample car.

Perhaps you were referring to someone else's post?

mevale

May 15, 2013, 6:31 AM

Post #12 of 14 (4207 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Looking for a fairly new mid-size SUV

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Wow, Steve, I guess I didn't read that post the way you read it. I saw it as just a head's up. The rest of the paragraph actually sings his praises.

Just saying.....

You read it correctly. I've sent many people to Spencer over the years and all of them were totally satisfied with his service. He and Mariana really are both very competent and professional.

And I was just pointing out the cost for his service. If Steve can point out where I was insinuating that Spencer is charging people unfairly, or where I said that he doesn't deserve the renumeration for his efforts, I'll be glad to clarify what I meant. But he won't be able to. The guy is always worked up about something. Not my problem.

Me vale madre.

(This post was edited by mevale on May 15, 2013, 6:39 AM)

stevebrtx

May 15, 2013, 9:26 AM

Post #13 of 14 (4178 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

"Be aware" - - - (inferred strong words to follow) is a pretty strong invective to begin a complimentary message, your word smithing could use some help.

mevale

May 15, 2013, 11:43 AM

Post #14 of 14 (4163 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
"Be aware" - - - (inferred strong words to follow) is a pretty strong invective to begin a complimentary message, your word smithing could use some help.

No Steve. ''Beware'' would imply a warning or invective (as you would call it). That would have a pejorative connotation. ''Be aware'' is simply notification. Nothing more, nothing less.

And speaking of wordsmiths, don't you know the difference between infer and imply? The speaker or author can't infer, only the listener or reader.

Adios dude, enjoy.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4