Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Intercasa

May 12, 2013, 1:11 PM

Post #1 of 17 (5446 views)

Shortcut

Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply
This could happen to you very soon! A law office in the area has collected money to nationalize cars and they started this year in 2013, they will give you a pedimento dated 2011, obviously fake and a tarjeta de circulacion, also fake but a nice looking fake. They also give license plates that show as stolen, which if you are pulled over they will think you stole the car and you will be looking down the barrell of quite a few guns and lose your car and liberty.

I spoke with the attorney doing this and warned him over a week ago about these papers and that he needed to check the web site and gave him a print out of the page showing other plates were stolen and told him to check all plates given. He was not very nice to me (threatened me) and someone else sent me papers for verification and yes all fake and this stinker has known for a over a week that his people were driving on fake papers and stolen plates and apparently hasn't notified his clients.

Please if a law firm got you fast papers and plates, go to this web site http://www2.repuve.gob.mx:8080/...ania/servletconsulta

And enter your Jalisco license plate number in the first space and remember to put the code in the last box and then hit BUSCAR. If the result comes up as CON REPORTE DE ROBO then DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE ANYWHERE OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND CAR SEIZED.
Mexican licensed attorney (Cédula #7928026) and official court translator (Perito Traductor). Mx 376-765-7553, USA 805-683-4848

Rolly

May 12, 2013, 1:44 PM

Post #2 of 17 (5435 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Intercasa] Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply
I'jj bet those worms are crawling everywhere there are a lot of Gringos.
Some Permanente folks are so anxious to hold on to their cars that they fall for anything they think will save their cars.

Rolly Pirate

sioux4noff

May 12, 2013, 2:04 PM

Post #3 of 17 (5424 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
That will work for cars licensed in any state, correct?
Also, do you happen to have handy the place to check to make sure your pedimento is valid?
Thanks for all you do, Spencer.

playaboy

May 12, 2013, 2:16 PM

Post #4 of 17 (5420 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Here is another reason for everyone to have all your paperwork in order or DON'T drive your car.

(This post was edited by playaboy on May 12, 2013, 2:17 PM)

mazbeach

May 12, 2013, 6:59 PM

Post #5 of 17 (5390 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply
Check your pedimento here:

http://www.aduanas.gob.mx/...consultarap_cep.aspx

Larry

Bennie García

May 12, 2013, 8:13 PM

Post #6 of 17 (5378 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
That post heading is quite sensational. And more than likely a gross exaggeration. While the problem of illegal paperwork is serious, injecting fear of possible physical harm or armed confrontation into it is uncalled for.

(This post was edited by Bennie García on May 12, 2013, 8:34 PM)

Intercasa

May 12, 2013, 9:54 PM

Post #7 of 17 (5357 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bennie García] Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply
I see police all the time on the highway and in Guadalajara puilling people over and all the guys jump out with their guns drawn. Mow imagine if the check on the radio and the plates trace back to a stolen car? Many people stealing cars are armed. In the US police always do high risk armed stops when cars or plates are reported stolen, why would it be any different here?

Today, driving both before and after the airport towards Guadalajara we saw two traffic stops with people spread eagle on hood of cars while guns were trained on them and the vehicles were being searched. I saw a gun drawn traffic stop last week when I was at CONAGUA waiting outside. It is very common and I doubt the stops I saw had reports of theft.

How should police stop a car with plates reported stolen? Perhaps I should have ended my topic title with a question mark.
Mexican licensed attorney (Cédula #7928026) and official court translator (Perito Traductor). Mx 376-765-7553, USA 805-683-4848

Bennie García

May 13, 2013, 6:05 AM

Post #8 of 17 (5322 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
I see police all the time on the highway and in Guadalajara puilling people over and all the guys jump out with their guns drawn. Mow imagine if the check on the radio and the plates trace back to a stolen car? Many people stealing cars are armed. In the US police always do high risk armed stops when cars or plates are reported stolen, why would it be any different here?

Today, driving both before and after the airport towards Guadalajara we saw two traffic stops with people spread eagle on hood of cars while guns were trained on them and the vehicles were being searched. I saw a gun drawn traffic stop last week when I was at CONAGUA waiting outside. It is very common and I doubt the stops I saw had reports of theft.

How should police stop a car with plates reported stolen? Perhaps I should have ended my topic title with a question mark.

The Federal Police profile stop vehicles frequently. I've seen it countless times. Never seen them pointing guns at the occupants whether they were inside or outside of the vehicle.

Both the municipal police and transit cops here in Guadalajara do the same. Have had it done to me and having a young son it has had it happen to him more times than he'd have liked. Never had a weapon pointed at him.

esperanza

May 13, 2013, 7:30 AM

Post #9 of 17 (5304 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
JUST posted on Facebook this morning by a good friend:

"I just got pulled over at the PDC police check point, no driver's license, expired plates (no lectures please). SO nervous with machine guns all around me..."

Friend lives in Cancún, PDC is Playa del Carmen. Just sayin'...what Intercasa says could happen, does happen. Machine guns drawn...

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Bennie García

May 13, 2013, 8:51 AM

Post #10 of 17 (5267 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply
Police carry automatic weapons at check points. They aren't pointing them at people and more than likely they were asked to exit the vehicle after being politely asked for the paperwork. "Pulled out" is an exaggeration. As is the term "guns drawn".

Where's the "roll eyes" emoticon when you need it?

arbon

May 13, 2013, 9:00 AM

Post #11 of 17 (5263 views)

Shortcut

|

In Reply To
That post heading is quite sensational. And more than likely a gross exaggeration. While the problem of illegal paperwork is serious, injecting fear of possible physical harm or armed confrontation into it is uncalled for.

benny, You forgot about the stolen plates and the vehicle being impounded with or with out the driver and passengers being removed from the vehicle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AlanMexicali

May 13, 2013, 9:03 AM

Post #12 of 17 (5262 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Police carry automatic weapons at check points. They aren't pointing them at people and more than likely they were asked to exit the vehicle after being politely asked for the paperwork. "Pulled out" is an exaggeration. As is the term "guns drawn".

Where's the "roll eyes" emoticon when you need it?

Well then why on Dia de Trabajo did we see right in front of us on the new Lagos de Moreno cuota a Federal Police pickup with 6 police pull over a semi with their automatic weapons trained on the driver as they jumped out of the truck, all six, I think they are trained to be ready, just in case now.

Bennie García

May 13, 2013, 9:12 AM

Post #13 of 17 (5257 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply
Did you ever consider it could have been a drug bust or something along those lines? Could it have been a vehicle whose occupants were known to the police as wanted for serious offenses? Semi trucks are not old retired gringo whose papers are not in order.

(This post was edited by Bennie García on May 13, 2013, 9:14 AM)

arbon

May 13, 2013, 9:28 AM

Post #14 of 17 (5250 views)

Shortcut

|

In Reply To
Did you ever consider it could have been a drug bust or something along those lines? Could it have been a vehicle whose occupants were known to the police as wanted for serious offenses? Semi trucks are not old retired gringo whose papers are not in order.

"wanted for serious offenses?" like having stolen plates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

playaboy

May 13, 2013, 10:01 AM

Post #15 of 17 (5238 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply

In Reply To
JUST posted on Facebook this morning by a good friend:

"I just got pulled over at the PDC police check point, no driver's license, expired plates (no lectures please). SO nervous with machine guns all around me..."

Friend lives in Cancún, PDC is Playa del Carmen. Just sayin'...what Intercasa says could happen, does happen. Machine guns drawn...

I lived in PDC for 10 years. Those check points are permanent at the north and south ends of town on HWY 307. They are manned with police carrying machine guns. They do random checks on vehicles all the time. I have been stopped dozens of times there over the years.

If you are not used to seeing police with machine guns it can be very intimidating. I think in this case the police stop was no more than a standard operating procedures for this area.

Bennie García

May 13, 2013, 10:42 AM

Post #16 of 17 (5229 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

| Private Reply
arbon, why do you always inject your inane comments on these subjects? You live in Canada, you haven't been to Mexico in many years, spent a very short time here when you did visit?

But since you insist, tell the readers how many times you have either seen or heard of gringos being pulled out of their vehicles. I mean pulled out and all that implies, not being asked to exit their vehicle. And then how many of those had guns pointed at them.

And, btw, the previous post was supposedly about someone who had stopped at one of the ubiquitous check points found throughout Mexico and not pulled over for stolen plates or a "serious offense".

Rolly

May 13, 2013, 11:55 AM

Post #17 of 17 (5211 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
With that cheerful note, we come to the end of "my cop is gooder than your cop" with the realization that it ain't always the same everywhere or even every day.

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on May 13, 2013, 12:01 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4