Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

cristalhombre

Apr 29, 2013, 12:50 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2835 views)

Shortcut

Spanish language instruction

Can't Post | Private Reply
Can someone let me know if the language school that was in Ajijic a couple of years ago still exists. I believe it was called "Chapala Language Center". As I recall, the school was just up the street from the new Posada?? (but that was a while ago - and things change quickly in MX). Any other "serious" school setting options for a multi-week immersion program in Ajijic or Chapala? thanks

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST...."

tashby

Apr 29, 2013, 9:51 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2782 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cristalhombre] Spanish language instruction

As far as I know they are still around, but I have no experience with them. I think it's called the "Chapala Learning Center". (Originally located in Chapala? One instructor is named Juan. Use the Warren Hardy materials/approach?)

I did all the Warren Hardy stuff through the Lake Chapala Society classes, and then moved on.

I'm currently a fan of the school and instructors at "Olé México". It's a school in Ajijic that was started by two brothers from Guadalajara a couple of years ago. Gabriel and Alex. They are each about thirty years old, give or take. They've been open for a couple of years now - I've been going there for close to a year and a half! - so they must be having success. They even added a third teacher. It's a very dynamic, conversational approach. Completely different than the Warren Hardy stuff (though I definitely benefited from that "overview" first).

And of course, there are others.

!Suerte!

tashby

Apr 30, 2013, 9:30 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2738 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Spanish language instruction

Ooops. Forgot to include any contact information for the school, which was pointed out to me in a private message. So here it is:

Olé México
Calle Revolución #6, just north of the carretera across from El Torito.
766 2068
e-mail: info@institutoolemexico.com

(This post was edited by tashby on Apr 30, 2013, 9:32 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4