Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

The Mexican

Apr 27, 2013, 9:34 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5721 views)

Shortcut

ETN Bus

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all,

I am new here but I have been a lurker for a while. I was wondering if anyone knows how safe it is to travel bu an ETN bus from New Laredo, Mexico to the DF? I have heard that ETN is a very nice and safe bus line.

I've also heard that bus travel is safer now that what it has been in the past. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
[disabled by TB at request of user]

esperanza

Apr 27, 2013, 10:24 PM

Post #2 of 5 (5713 views)

Shortcut

Re: [The Mexican] ETN Bus

ETN/Turistar has three nighttime buses from Nuevo Laredo to the DF 'Norte' terminal: 6PM, 7PM, and 8PM. There's a 3.30PM bus that arrives at the DF 'Sur' terminal. The cost for each is $1465MN. The trip is long but comfortable; IMHO, the bus line is more comfortable than an airline. They'll give you a sandwich and a soft drink or water when you board, but you will probably want to bring something more to sustain you for the 14.5 hour trip. The ETN website is http://www.etn.com.mx/.

No one can give you a 100% guarantee of security on the trip, but I suspect that everything will run smoothly. Have a good trip.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

The Mexican

May 5, 2013, 8:05 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5496 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] ETN Bus

Thanks for the information!!!!
[disabled by TB at request of user]

surprisesylv

Jun 26, 2013, 7:57 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4887 views)

Shortcut

Re: [The Mexican] ETN Bus

ETN is very safe, I don't know if they already made a deal with the people in San Fernando/Tamaulipas area, but I've ride it twice and nothing, absolutely nothing happened, they don't even stop on the way unless changing driver, I prefer to take the late night bus and it's totally comfortable and safe.

jreboll

Jun 26, 2013, 9:44 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4870 views)

Shortcut

Re: [surprisesylv] ETN Bus

I made three round trips last year without any problems. Reynosa, Cd. Victoria, Guadalajara. With my discount it came out to around 50 dls one way. Left Reynosa at 7pm got into Gdl at 8 am

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4