Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

pez222

Apr 26, 2013, 8:50 AM

Post #1 of 7 (14177 views)

Shortcut

veracruz visit

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife and I are now in Boca del Rio for a week after a one week stay in Pu. Veracruz. Took a one day trip to Jalapa which we enjoyed. Clean, cooler and greener there. Only bummer was we went on Monday and that day the Museum of anthro˛logy eas CLOSED:

Anybody planning on a stay in this area can post here and I`'ll try to give you tips. First of all will say that you should have some spanish speaking ability. It may be next week before I get onto this site again.

chicois8

Apr 26, 2013, 12:13 PM

Post #2 of 7 (14157 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pez222] veracruz visit

How are the beaches?
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

La Isla

Apr 26, 2013, 2:40 PM

Post #3 of 7 (14143 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
My wife and I are now in Boca del Rio for a week after a one week stay in Pu. Veracruz. Took a one day trip to Jalapa which we enjoyed. Clean, cooler and greener there. Only bummer was we went on Monday and that day the Museum of anthro˛logy eas CLOSED:

Just like in the US, most museums in Mexico are closed on Mondays.

pez222

Apr 27, 2013, 8:57 AM

Post #4 of 7 (14103 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] veracruz visit

The beaches are not too good. The water is sometimes dirty. Yesterday there was much sea weed that was blown in by the wind. Our hotel used a truck and front end loader to clean it up.

Vichil

Apr 27, 2013, 7:02 PM

Post #5 of 7 (14067 views)

Shortcut

Agreed, the beaches are not worst going to the State has some beautiful spots but the beaches are not it. Lots of other beaches more interesting in Mexico than those of Vera Cruz.

joaquinx

Apr 28, 2013, 6:08 AM

Post #6 of 7 (14046 views)

Shortcut

My two favorite beaches are north of Veracruz. Villa Rica is where Cortez first landed. Very clean but no big surf. A few restaurants and a small hotel. The other is Playa Angel or Paso Do˝a Juana, which is the name of the pueblo on the way to the shore. A long and large beach with a large hotel, a number of beach side restaurants. Again, clean water, but with better surf.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

pez222

May 5, 2013, 5:09 AM

Post #7 of 7 (13906 views)

Shortcut

Now back home in US. Our stay at the Hotel Balaju was very pleasant. Nice people and very affordable. I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in P. Veracruz. See George or Daniel if you do not speak Spanish very good. They are bell captains.
Our stay at the Hotel Camino Real in Boca del Rio was bad. Over priced Dirty room, slow service, Small room and a short bed. And I'm only 5' 8" tall. Air conditioner had a problem never fixed. The shower-tub selector valve was a problem to turn it to the shower position. Few free bees here. Inter net was 10 pesos per 15 min. Internet was free at the Hotel Balaju.
We spent most of our time out and about and did enjoy being close to the Plaza de Americana. (mall) I would stay in Jalapa next time. Cleaner and greener with fresher air.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4