Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

rvgringo

Jul 29, 2015, 2:48 PM

Post #26 of 35 (4116 views)

Shortcut

Re: [salto_jorge] How about credit cards ?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I don‘t know of any Mexican credit cards that are not legal usury. Avoid them at all costs. Use a debit card instead, and cash from an ATM.

slainte39

Jul 29, 2015, 10:42 PM

Post #27 of 35 (4080 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] How about credit cards ?

Or pay them off every month.....no problem with usury.
I do it every month.....no interest.

Sunnyvmx

Jul 30, 2015, 4:28 AM

Post #28 of 35 (4075 views)

Shortcut

Re: [salto_jorge] How about credit cards ?

Ha! I haven't had a credit card since 1995. Smartest thing I ever did was cut 'em up and toss 'em. The next best thing I did was moving down here debt free.

RickS

Jul 30, 2015, 10:07 AM

Post #29 of 35 (4032 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sunnyvmx] How about credit cards ?

Nothing wrong with having credit cards.... it's not the card that's the problem it's the user with no will-power or the will to own things they can't afford (and probably don't need).

Like slainte39, use 'em, just pay 'em off every month. Use someone else's money for a month!

cbviajero

Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 AM

Post #30 of 35 (4024 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] How about credit cards ?

In Reply To
Like slainte39, use 'em, just pay 'em off every month. Use someone else's money for a month!

Yep,and in the credit card industry they refer to people who pay off their debts every month as "dead beats"...:)

rvgringo

Jul 30, 2015, 10:35 AM

Post #31 of 35 (4019 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] How about credit cards ?

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yep,and in the credit card industry they refer to people who pay off their debts every month as "dead beats"...:)

addtocart

Jul 30, 2015, 10:43 AM

Post #32 of 35 (4011 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] How about credit cards ?

Can't Post |

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Once is enough. Plus, although the credit card industry would love to collect your minimum payments, they reserve the term "dead beats" for those who don't pay at all.

cbviajero

Jul 30, 2015, 11:02 AM

Post #33 of 35 (4007 views)

Shortcut

Re: [addtocart] How about credit cards ?

In Reply To
they reserve the term "dead beats" for those who don't pay at all.

No they don't.
Google,(dead beat credit card) for more info.

addtocart

Jul 30, 2015, 11:19 AM

Post #34 of 35 (3994 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] How about credit cards ?

Can't Post |
Ooops. I stand corrected. I hate to think I've been flattering those bums who don't pay all these years.

joaquinx

Jul 30, 2015, 11:59 AM

Post #35 of 35 (3984 views)

Shortcut

Re: [addtocart] How about credit cards ?

In Reply To
Ooops. I stand corrected. I hate to think I've been flattering those bums who don't pay all these years.

Banks don't mind as long as they get their percentage from the vendor. They don't have to worry about collection costs.

I've had my card for around 2 years without paying a cent in interest. It has a low limit which I like. I buy airline tickets, car rentals, hotels, Internet purchases, etc. I wait until the service is rendered or over and then I log on to the bank and pay off the card with a transfer. The bank has no worries but they get their 4% (or so) from the vendor.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4