Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

robt65

Apr 23, 2013, 6:38 AM

Post #1 of 19 (9395 views)

Shortcut

Whatever Happened to this VA Medical Clinic in Ajijic?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Can anyone tell me what ever happened to this Medic Clinic Ajijic Mexico in Ajijic Mexico, that was supposed to be able to handle VA patients under the VA foreign Medical Program?
This Dr. Ian Fischman seems to have disappeared and another Doctor, Dickenson seems to also have gone elsewhere. Is this clinic still in existence and if so do they have another name? It appears their website from before is no longer up and running.
Does anyone know what is going on with this clinic? Are there now other physicians running the same type of service clinic under a new name or what?
I would appreciate any answers or help on this.
Regards,
Robt65
San Juan del Rio
Querétaro

prorader

Apr 23, 2013, 8:07 AM

Post #2 of 19 (9369 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Whatever Happened to this VA Medical Clinic in Ajijic?

I do not think they got along and everthing fell apart I know Dickenson was the first to leave did not get along with the wife, Fishman had just moved from Guadalajara and do not know if he is in the area. He and his wife where the Business end never the treatment side, I think there was a squabble with Dr Johnson also, sad deal for the Disasbled vets. If you have an Ortho service connected problem I may have an answer for you, I just had both knees fixed in Guadalajara in a first class hospital and the VA got the bills. I did not pay anything up front and I am talking Primo Class facility they even drove me home in a car 3 1/2 hours did not want me riding a bus with the knees

robt65

Apr 23, 2013, 9:17 AM

Post #3 of 19 (9346 views)

Shortcut

Re: [prorader] Whatever Happened to this VA Medical Clinic in Ajijic?

Hello Pro Raider,

Yes Ortho is one of my problems (knee) and I would like any information that you have regarding Ortho Doctor that will work with the Foreign Medical Program and or the name of the hospital where you were. Did they (hospital) also work with the VA?

Thanks

Robt65
San Juan del Rio
Querétaro

robt65

May 6, 2013, 9:00 PM

Post #4 of 19 (8963 views)

Shortcut

Hello Proraider,

Well first off thanks a lot for your response and especially for the PM, I really appreciate them both. Now if only you had the name of a good Opthomological surgeon who would also work with the VA I would be all set! I wish I had a more private way to speak to you. Evidently you have your PM shut down, or else I would send you my phone number.

Regards,
Robt65
San Juan del Rio
Querétaro

prorader

Jun 22, 2013, 8:19 AM

Post #5 of 19 (7899 views)

Shortcut

My first operation was arthroscopy to both knees that was I think the first week in March, all was well until now. I have torn a ligament in my right knee and the limited surgery in the beginning has not worked out. The operation paid by the VA was around $9,000.00 US. I am now going to have the right knee replaced, about $15,000.00 tolal, includes the parts again approved and will be paid directly by the VA. I am telling you this is the best little Hospital in Guadalajara. The director is an Internal Medicine and she examines every patient, her husband is the head Ortho Tramuatogist, and there son is a lawyer and business manager. They are a CLASS ACT

robt65

Jun 22, 2013, 1:34 PM

Post #6 of 19 (7854 views)

Shortcut

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, Proraider.

Hope all goes better on the second go around. See if you can get phone numbers and address for me will you? I would appreciate that. Mine just keeps getting worse. If you could get both the the Internal Medicine gal and her husband the Ortho guys names as well, that would help me a lot.

Hope you are up and around soon.

Regards,
Robt 65
San Juan del Rio.

mingo

Jun 26, 2013, 10:23 AM

Post #7 of 19 (7686 views)

Shortcut

Actually I use it on a regular basis, the Dr. that I see (who saved my life) is Fernando Preigo. They take all insurance plus Tri-Care that I use. They had a few insignificant problems when they first opened which is quite natural for a new business. I highly recommend them.

robt65

Jun 26, 2013, 11:13 AM

Post #8 of 19 (7667 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mingo] Whatever Happened to this VA Medical Clinic in Ajijic?

Hello Mingo,

Thanks a lot for the information, I appreciate it. Do you happen to have the address and / or phone numbers of the clinic, as well as the doctors names and / or their specialties there? I would appreciate as much information as I can get on the clinic. Thanks again for the comeback.

Regards,

Robt65

mingo

Jun 26, 2013, 12:05 PM

Post #9 of 19 (7659 views)

Shortcut

The clinic is across from Bruno's, telephone # is 766-0395, you will probably talk to Gaby. Some people got the idea it was for veterans, but it is for all, but if you are retired Military or on military disability you would be using Tri-Care or called Champus down here, I think. I hope you are as pleased with them as I have been, the Dr. I see is Dr. Priego.

bournemouth

Jun 26, 2013, 12:52 PM

Post #10 of 19 (7650 views)

Shortcut

Robert - add 376 to the number given by Mingo.

robt65

Jun 26, 2013, 3:38 PM

Post #11 of 19 (7629 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Whatever Happened to this VA Medical Clinic in Ajijic?

Mingo & Bournemouth,

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the phone number guys.

Robt65

carroll6

Jun 28, 2013, 9:43 PM

Post #12 of 19 (7533 views)

Shortcut

Hmm.. I go to the V.A. Medical clinic up here in Missouri. What do I have to be/do or have to get service down there?

robt65

Jun 29, 2013, 4:44 AM

Post #13 of 19 (7513 views)

Shortcut

Re: [carroll6] Whatever Happened to this VA Medical Clinic in Ajijic?

Sorry bud,

I agree with chinagringo . . . . . . .. . . .. . , I believe you are a troll

Regards,

Robt65

mingo

Jul 7, 2013, 6:41 AM

Post #14 of 19 (7229 views)

Shortcut

What do you mean by troll???

robt65

Jul 7, 2013, 10:25 AM

Post #15 of 19 (7199 views)

Shortcut

Hello Mingo,

Here is a definition of a troll and his / her habits and personality traits. Here are some good definitions from "About.com"
http://netforbeginners.about.com/...n-Internet-Troll.htm

An internet 'troll' is an abusive anti-social user who delights in causing disharmony and conflict online. Named after the wicked troll creatures of children's tales, an internet troll is someone who abuses their online anonymity by purposely sowing hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny, or just simple bickering between others. Because trolls like to promote fighting, they frequent blog sites, news sites, discussion forums, and game chat. Trolls thrive in any environment where they are allowed to make public comments.

The Sad Truths of Internet Trolls:
  1. Trolls enjoy using shock-value statements to get angry responses from others.
  2. Trolls gain energy by you insulting them.
  3. Trolls gain energy when you get angry.
  4. Trolls are immune to criticism and logical arguments. True trolls cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is.
  5. Trolls do not feel remorse like you and me. They have sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, they delight in other people having hurt feelings.
  6. Trolls consider themselves separate from the social order.
  7. Trolls do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy.
  8. Trolls consider themselves above social responsibility.
  9. The only way to deal with a troll is to ignore him, or take away his ability to post online.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,
Robt665

mingo

Jul 21, 2013, 4:13 AM

Post #16 of 19 (6776 views)

Shortcut

Were you suggesting that I am a troll??? I hope not.

robt65

Jul 21, 2013, 8:29 AM

Post #17 of 19 (6751 views)

Shortcut

Hello mingo,

If you will look at the response I wrote, it was directed at another poster and not yourself. No I do not think you are a troll, in fact, I appreciate the information that you provided. Don't know where the confusion lies here but I certainly do not think you are a troll.

Regards,

Robt65

mingo

Jul 21, 2013, 8:42 AM

Post #18 of 19 (6743 views)

Shortcut

Thanks!!

robt65

Jul 21, 2013, 9:19 AM

Post #19 of 19 (6737 views)

Shortcut

Mingo,

Not a problem, and again thank you for the information.

Regards,

Riobt65

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4