Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

datadog

Apr 22, 2013, 5:27 PM

Post #1 of 15 (8294 views)

Shortcut

Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm looking for that (mythical) creature that probably doesn't exist.

I want an attorney in Guadalajara who speaks fluent English, does civil work (not someone who is nothing more than a form-filler) and who has and email and will respond to a query.

It is a bonus if he/she is someone you have ha personal dealings with.

Please respond to talosian70 (put the "at" symbol here) and it goes to either hotmail or outlook (you know the rest)

Thanks.

DavidHF

Apr 22, 2013, 7:16 PM

Post #2 of 15 (8267 views)

Shortcut

Re: [datadog] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

OMG, you already know the answer.

playaboy

Apr 22, 2013, 7:53 PM

Post #3 of 15 (8258 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

I want an attorney in Guadalajara who speaks fluent English, does civil work (not someone who is nothing more than a form-filler) and who has and email and will respond to a query.

Please respond to talosian70 (put the "at" symbol here) and it goes to either hotmail or outlook (you know the rest)

Thanks.

I am new at Lakeside but I hear there is a great abogado named Spencer. I don't know if he has an office in Guadalajara. He speaks english and seems to know how to get things done. Good luck

bronco

Apr 22, 2013, 9:04 PM

Post #4 of 15 (8249 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

spencer has an office in guad, also in chapala w/staff. yes i have had dealings w/him.

Carol_Wheeler

Apr 22, 2013, 9:59 PM

Post #5 of 15 (8242 views)

Shortcut

Lic. Eduardo Toussaint in Guadalajara.

He is fluent in English, holds a Ph.D in international law and specializes in immigration and real estate, although he can handle many areas of civil law.

I've relied on him for 16 years and could not recommend him more highly. He is a superb lawyer, very formal in his business dealings, and a lovely gentleman.

etoussaint2003@yahoo.com
333 641-4264

I use the phone; his e-mail may have changed. If you contact him and he doesn't reply, send me a message and I'll phone him for you.

Gringal

Apr 23, 2013, 7:22 AM

Post #6 of 15 (8209 views)

Shortcut

"Talosian" wrote a glowing bio of Spencer on another forum. So what's the problem???

arbon

Apr 23, 2013, 12:05 PM

Post #7 of 15 (8178 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

Can't Post |

In Reply To
"Talosian" wrote a glowing bio of Spencer on another forum. So what's the problem???

¿Do you have a link?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bronco

Apr 23, 2013, 1:52 PM

Post #8 of 15 (8168 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

a second opinion may be needed, that is a good thing.

Gringal

Apr 23, 2013, 2:21 PM

Post #9 of 15 (8155 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

I read it this morning on Chapala.com, but by noon the thread was gone like summer smoke. Beamed Up?

Axixic

Apr 23, 2013, 5:42 PM

Post #10 of 15 (8135 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thanks.

I am new at Lakeside but I hear there is a great abogado named Spencer. I don't know if he has an office in Guadalajara. He speaks english and seems to know how to get things done. Good luck

Spencer is a U.S. citizen from California so he does speak fluent English. He is a new lawyer in Mexico having gotten his law credentials in Mexico. His main practice is INM. He is a facilitator to get your INM documents. Other people who are not lawyers also are facilitators and can get your INM documents. Spencer has written that he has other attorneys to handle court cases.

If you want help with INM, Spencer can do that.

DavidHF

Apr 24, 2013, 9:20 AM

Post #11 of 15 (8089 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

Spencer has an office in Guadalajara as well as Chapala. He has other attorney's on staff.

Intercasa

Aug 1, 2014, 11:32 AM

Post #12 of 15 (6239 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

We have been litigating for a bit now and I have 5 other attorneys in my firm. We started doing immigration and have grown exponentially.
Mexican licensed attorney (Cédula #7928026) and official court translator (Perito Traductor). Mx 376-765-7553, USA 805-683-4848

cbviajero

Aug 1, 2014, 12:16 PM

Post #13 of 15 (6234 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

Datadog has known Spencer for years and always speaks highly of him.
This kinda sounds like a shill type of post.

(This post was edited by cbviajero on Aug 1, 2014, 12:53 PM)

playaboy

Aug 1, 2014, 1:37 PM

Post #14 of 15 (6211 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] Looking for a (lawyer) unicorn.

CB, Look at the date of my post. I was new to this area then. At that time I didn't know Spencer but in the last year I have used him quite a bit in my working with expat car issues and I will continue to.

cbviajero

Aug 1, 2014, 2:17 PM

Post #15 of 15 (6204 views)

Shortcut

You're right,I saw Spencer's reply today to a year old thread and didn't check the dates of the previous posts and mistakenly thought it was a new thread.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4