Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Arizonakid

Apr 22, 2013, 9:47 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2455 views)

Shortcut

Need special shoes

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi folks,

In 2006 I shattered the bone in my left hip from the pelvic area to about 1/2 way down the femur toward the knee. It wasn't very pretty.
When the surgery was over my left leg was metal from the pelvic bone to just below my knee and my leg was about 5/8 inches shorter than the right side.

When I lived in Lake Havasu City, AZ there was a place who took a pir of shoes with crepe soles and added additional material to one shoe so both legs would be the same length and it was not necessary to limp along.

Well, that outfit went out of business and I started wearing regular shoes with a small heel lift in the left shoe. That arrangment is no longer working out. I live in Ajijic now, the shoes no longer fit well, my feet get numb and I stagger when I walk.

I need a good substantial pair of leather lace-ups with one sole built-up. The shoes I previously had were Dr Scholls with crepe soles.
I could have a pair shipped in if I just knew of someone who could build up the sole.

Any ideas I could run down would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch,

Larry

Gringal

Apr 22, 2013, 1:26 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2415 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Arizonakid] Need special shoes

I posted this elsewhere, but here's a suggestion: Rosie the dressmaker has a shop on Ocampo near Colon in Ajijic. I recently hired her to make some curtains and noticed that she has one foot turned sideways with a special leather shoe to accommodate the problem. She is friendly, English speaking and perhaps she can refer you to her shoemaker.

Arizonakid

Apr 22, 2013, 3:00 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2407 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Need special shoes

Great idea. It certainly won't hurt to ask her. Thanks friend.

Larry

ecollard

Apr 23, 2013, 6:15 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2356 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Arizonakid] Need special shoes

There is a shop on Degollado street in Chapala (2 blocks north of the plaza) where the woman sells orthopedic supplies, including shoes. She has been in business for at least 9 years. I don't know if she speaks English.
Eileen

Arizonakid

Apr 23, 2013, 9:33 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2334 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ecollard] Need special shoes

Thank you. I shall certainly check it out.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4