Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

playaboy

Apr 18, 2013, 1:58 PM

Post #1 of 7 (5327 views)

Shortcut

Need a vehicle

Can't Post | Private Reply
I just recently arrived lakeside and want to buy a car, van, or pickup. It has to be mechanically sound and ready for the road.

I will consider any vehicles owned by Americans that are going to become permanente's and won't be able keep their them.

Please send me a PM if you want to sell. Include year, make and model, mileage, and you asking price.

Thanks

(This post was edited by playaboy on Apr 18, 2013, 2:01 PM)

Septiembre

Apr 19, 2013, 11:41 AM

Post #2 of 7 (5254 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Need a vehicle

Save yourself a lot of grief and buy a Mexican plated car. The guy at the car wash in Riberas, north side of the street, gets some nice ones.

playaboy

Apr 20, 2013, 5:46 AM

Post #3 of 7 (5199 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Septiembre] Need a vehicle

Thanks for the tip. I will check them out.

I understand the new vehicle rules and the "Permanente" issues a lot of folks are dealing with. I am not in that position. I will look at good American plated cars too if they are in good condition and priced right.

Septiembre

Apr 20, 2013, 5:59 AM

Post #4 of 7 (5196 views)

Shortcut

You do understand that if you buy a U.S. or Canadian plated vehicle here, it will have to be taken to the border and the TIP pulled and a new one obtained. That's nearly a 1500 mile round trip.

Given how arbitrary and capricious the handling of this issue is here, I'll reiterate my recommendation that since you have the advantage of "starting from scratch" you would be well advised to buy a Jalisco plated car.

playaboy

Apr 20, 2013, 4:45 PM

Post #5 of 7 (5151 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Septiembre] Need a vehicle

Sept, thanks for trying to look out for me. I really appreciate it.

I don't have the vehicle issues that the permanente's are going to have. I have read on some boards that a lot of people don't want to drive thru the war zone or are not able to do a long trip like that anymore. They are grasping at TIO Corps amaparo, paying transport companies to take the cars north to import, hoping for a "grandfathering" of their vehicles, and even running to photo copy shops and paying them to facilitate Mexican plates. Or they just don't have the money to pay for importing.

Quite a few are from Lakeside. I am here now for a short while.

I have had quite a few people contact me already. For the right vehicle at the Right price, I will pay cash, drive north, and cancel the existing TIP for the previous owner. They won't have to do anything except take the money. Right now I don't have a vehicle in Mexico and my slate is clean.

I thought I may be able to help some of these people caught between a rock and a hard place and kill two birds with one stone.

Anybody have a good car for a good price?

playaboy

May 17, 2013, 9:08 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4515 views)

Shortcut

I am looking for another car to bring north. This is a post, from another board, of a lady I was able to help out

Like many of you I was forced to Permanente status and own a dreaded "J" vin car. I just did not want to make the drive by myself to the border and my car would soon be illegal here. I saw a post on a thread TOB from Playaboy offering a solution.

Well, I met with him and we agreed on a fair price for my car so it was a Win Win situation. We then consulted with a popular lawyer here in Chapala and Playaboy arranged and paid for all paperwork to legally drive my car to the border, cancel my TIP and give me my receipt. I also was paid CASH before he headed to the border. He was trustworthy, honest and delivered everything that he promised and the best thing is, I never had to leave Ajijic.

If you find yourself in my situation, you can PM me and I can tell you more about this, or you can PM Playaboy yourself. He solved my car issue and perhaps he can solve yours.

So if you are stuck send me a PM and maybe I can help you work it out.

playaboy

Jun 24, 2013, 2:43 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3536 views)

Shortcut

I just returned after solving another car issue for a women Lakeside. Here is her recommendation

If, like me, you want to become Residente Permanente here in Mexico and have a U.S. plated car that was manufactured outside of NAFTA (Japan, Germany, Korea) I can highly recommend an easy solution. I recently sold my ¨J VIN¨ vehicle to Playaboy. We negotiated a fair price, Playaboy arranged and paid for the necessary papers to permit him to drive the car to the border legally, and I was paid in cash before he left. Playaboy drove the car to the border and sold the car. He is now back in Ajijic with the receipt for the cancelled TIP....everything exactly as he said it would be and I hardly had to do a thing, just visit the lawyer´s office and sign a few papers. Perfect!

If you are caught in a bind and want to legally take care of your vehicle issues, just drop me a PM and MAYBE I can help.

(This post was edited by playaboy on Jun 24, 2013, 3:27 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4