Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

bournemouth

Apr 11, 2013, 1:10 PM

Post #1 of 65 (24490 views)

Shortcut

recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
As it is becoming painfully apparent that many of us are going to have to either a) remove our vehicles from Mexico or b) nationalize them if the vehicle qualifies - I'm wondering if we could establish a list of brokers with whom Mexconnectors have had good experiences and have succeeded in nationalizing a vehicle.

All this is brought about by the fact that we have realized that our 2004 Toyota Sienna was made in the US and as it has less than 55,000 miles on it, is worth keeping.

I know there have been recommendations in the several threads running at the moment, but it would be most convenient to have everything in one small thread - and this is a situation that will be ongoing for some time.

YucaLandia

Apr 11, 2013, 1:31 PM

Post #2 of 65 (24475 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
1. MazBeach: "The broker we used (Nogales) was Oscar Angulo. His cel number is 045 631 120 1015. His email is ancomercial@hotmail.com " ...
I can't praise enough the broker we used:

Lic. Oscar Angulo
Email: ancomercial@...
AnCo Comercializadora
Mexican Cel: 045 6311 20 10 15
US Cel: (520) 988-1936
http://www.mexconnect.com/cgi-bin/forums/gforum.cgi?post=188687;search_string=The%20broker%20we%20used%20%28Nogales%29%20was%20Oscar%20Angulo;#188687

2. "Contact Sr. Hiram Cervera’s firm for a Quotation or More Info
Sr. Cervera’s firm will provide quotations and answers to questions. Use email to send them scanned files of: the paper TIP issued by Banjercito, the vehicle’s title, and your INM card. Sr. Cervera’s firm has created this email address solely for these applications: importauto@cervera.com.mx
Please make sure your attached files are not larger than 2 MB per email. Use an image resizing program to downsize large files. e.g. http://download.cnet.com/Batch-Image-Resizer/3000-2192_4-10248013.html "
http://yucalandia.com/...permanent-residents/

3. "There is one good quality first-hand report of an expat with the new Residency permit permanently importing a TIP foreign-plated vehicle at the Mexico-Belize border crossing outside Chetumal. This crossing is formally called the Subteniente López – Santa Elena (Free Zone of Corazol) border crossing. The successful gringo reported using the following Customs Broker:
Gerardo Uc
gerardo.uc@hotmail.com
983-732-3297 "
Options for Foreign-Plated "TIP" Car Owners in Mexico, esp for Permanent Residents

4. AlanMexicali: " Any car without letters in the Vin can be nationalized from 1984 to 2007 to be registered in other states here on the border. Cars before 1984 cost a lot as they are classified as antiques. "
"PG IMPORT
Importacion y Nacionalizacion de Autos, Pickups, Lanchas, Motos etc.

Tel. 686 554-2866, Nextel 152 14 74633
E-Mail: pg.import@hotmail.com
Local S3 C. Comercial Caballito,
Blvd. Adolfo Lopez Mateos
Mexicali B.C. Mexico

Also:
Transportes Americas
Calz. de las Americas #283
Fracc. Sonora
Mexicali B.C

Tel. 686 564 3413 Nextel. 152 1346 2410.
E-Mail: transportesamericasmxl@gmail.com
"

http://www.mexconnect.com/...ing=mexicali;#188022

Happy Trails,
steve

When contacting a broker, realize: Import duties are based on the “Reference Values” published by the Secretary of the Treasury (Hacienda y Credito Publica) here: http://www.aduanas-mexico.com.mx/..._estimados.html#ane2
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Apr 11, 2013, 2:09 PM)

bournemouth

Apr 11, 2013, 2:26 PM

Post #3 of 65 (24450 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
Thank you Steve - that is a great start and is much appreciated.

mazbeach

Apr 11, 2013, 6:21 PM

Post #4 of 65 (24411 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
A bit off topic, but related. I just offer it as something to think about.

If you are going to nationalize your vehicle the best time is a month or so before you apply for your Residente Permanente, if you are able. The reason has nothing to do with the nationalization process, but with getting your local plates upon your return.

We drove to Nogales to nationalize while we still had our no-inmigrante cards. No problem. And, we had our full Mexican insurance in place before we left so it would be effective for our return trip. When we got back we then applied for our new visa cards because our due date was fast approaching.

A few days later we started the process for local plates, registration and title. However, we discovered that (in Sinaloa anyway) you have to have the actual card in your possession to complete the process for plates. We started the process but could only carry it so far before having to pause.

If I had it to do all over again I would have driven north to the border to nationalize in February or early March so I could get the plates while I still had my no-inmigrante card. We don't have any trips planned for a few weeks so we are good to go for local travel, but I wouldn't take the vehicle out on the open road until everything is in place.

If I had only known. Check with your local state requirements.

BryanC

Apr 15, 2013, 6:56 PM

Post #5 of 65 (24262 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Hi,
I have been thinking about nationalizing my truck and trailer that has been here with a TIP since 2009. I live about an hour and a half south of Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas. I recently searched the internet and found the name of an "agente aduanal" at the Chiapas-Guatamala border. I had my wife call him (she is Mexican, so there would be nothing lost in translation). These people told her that an American auto would HAVE to be imported at the US/Mexico border, NOT there at the Guatemalan border. Does this sound right? If I have to drive to Matamoros, the expense of the trip as well as the high cost of the importation fee would kill my wallet. If this is the case, I think I will buy a Mexican car and have my truck be my new lawn ornament (as tacky as it would be). What are you guys' thoughts?
Thank you,
Bryan

CozICan

Apr 15, 2013, 7:39 PM

Post #6 of 65 (24238 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BryanC] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
I live in Cozumel, Q.Roo and I am thinking the same thing. The cost of importing my 2003 Chevrolet minivan is almost the value of the vehicle. If I have to drive it to Tijuana the cost would be prohibitive. The other problem is my van has outdated Canadian Plates, I can't even bring it into the U.S.

I will need a larger yard if it is to become a lawn ornament. lol

I have had dialogue with TIO Corp and they claim to be able to import my van without bringing to the border, I am waiting to hear back from them soon.

cindym

Apr 16, 2013, 8:05 AM

Post #7 of 65 (24161 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbeach] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
I'm wondering if I wait until November to nationalize my car, will the cost be less, is November the month the value changes?

AlanMexicali

Apr 16, 2013, 8:11 AM

Post #8 of 65 (24153 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
1. MazBeach: "The broker we used (Nogales) was Oscar Angulo. His cel number is 045 631 120 1015. His email is ancomercial@hotmail.com " ...
I can't praise enough the broker we used:

Lic. Oscar Angulo
Email: ancomercial@...
AnCo Comercializadora
Mexican Cel: 045 6311 20 10 15
US Cel: (520) 988-1936
http://www.mexconnect.com/cgi-bin/forums/gforum.cgi?post=188687;search_string=The%20broker%20we%20used%20%28Nogales%29%20was%20Oscar%20Angulo;#188687

2. "Contact Sr. Hiram Cervera’s firm for a Quotation or More Info
Sr. Cervera’s firm will provide quotations and answers to questions. Use email to send them scanned files of: the paper TIP issued by Banjercito, the vehicle’s title, and your INM card. Sr. Cervera’s firm has created this email address solely for these applications: importauto@cervera.com.mx
Please make sure your attached files are not larger than 2 MB per email. Use an image resizing program to downsize large files. e.g. http://download.cnet.com/Batch-Image-Resizer/3000-2192_4-10248013.html "
http://yucalandia.com/...permanent-residents/

3. "There is one good quality first-hand report of an expat with the new Residency permit permanently importing a TIP foreign-plated vehicle at the Mexico-Belize border crossing outside Chetumal. This crossing is formally called the Subteniente López – Santa Elena (Free Zone of Corazol) border crossing. The successful gringo reported using the following Customs Broker:
Gerardo Uc
gerardo.uc@hotmail.com
983-732-3297 "
Options for Foreign-Plated "TIP" Car Owners in Mexico, esp for Permanent Residents

4. AlanMexicali: " Any car without letters in the Vin can be nationalized from 1984 to 2007 to be registered in other states here on the border. Cars before 1984 cost a lot as they are classified as antiques. "
"PG IMPORT
Importacion y Nacionalizacion de Autos, Pickups, Lanchas, Motos etc.

Tel. 686 554-2866, Nextel 152 14 74633
E-Mail: pg.import@hotmail.com
Local S3 C. Comercial Caballito,
Blvd. Adolfo Lopez Mateos
Mexicali B.C. Mexico

Also:
Transportes Americas
Fracc. Sonora
Mexicali B.C

E-Mail: transportesamericasmxl@gmail.com
"

http://www.mexconnect.com/...ing=mexicali;#188022

Happy Trails,
steve

When contacting a broker, realize: Import duties are based on the “Reference Values” published by the Secretary of the Treasury (Hacienda y Credito Publica) here: http://www.aduanas-mexico.com.mx/..._estimados.html#ane2

Hi Steve.

This company is not an importer but a secured large truck transport auto carrier that services Mexico´s main cities at reasonable rates for those who do not want to drive their vehicles to the border and can return them south. Alan

"Also:
Transportes Americas
Fracc. Sonora
Mexicali B.C

E-Mail: transportesamericasmxl@gmail.com "

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Apr 16, 2013, 8:12 AM)

Ric Hoffman

Apr 16, 2013, 5:34 PM

Post #9 of 65 (24043 views)

Shortcut

Use "control+f " pop-up window to find your vehicle faster

| Private Reply

Import duties are based on the “Reference Values” published by the Secretary of the Treasury (Hacienda y Credito Publica) here: http://www.aduanas-mexico.com.mx/..._estimados.html#ane2

After this page opens, use your "control+f " keys to open a search window in your browser to help find your vehicle listing.

YucaLandia

May 1, 2013, 7:48 AM

Post #10 of 65 (23528 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Here's a Nuevo Laredo / Laredo customs broker with one good Mexconnect reader's recommendation:

~ Grupo Cuevas - Nuevo Laredo/Laredo
http://www.importaciondeautos.com/
Tel. ​956-729-7004 / 956-729-7415
info@importaciondeautos.com

From: Updates on Aduana TIPs, Residente Permanentes, Pedimentos and Processing
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff

(This post was edited by Rolly on May 1, 2013, 8:09 AM)

robt65

May 6, 2013, 8:28 PM

Post #11 of 65 (23213 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I would like to know if anyone has a name of a recommended customs broker in the I am headed NOB to buy my wife a car this week and I am taking it back by importing it legally. I would also like to know about insurance on such a car. I do not for one minute want to drive of have my wife div e a car here or anywhere for that matter without insurance. I am trying to figure out if I can buy that insurance just before crossing the border of if I chance it to the nearest Insurance office in Reynosa. Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks ahead of time,

Regards,
Robt65
San Juan del Rio
Querétaro

DavidHF

May 8, 2013, 9:13 AM

Post #12 of 65 (23054 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
Tell your insurance agent the date you want the insurance to become effective, then cross the border on that date.

Sculptari

May 9, 2013, 9:45 AM

Post #13 of 65 (22915 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

|
If you are going to hire a customs broker, please make sure they are licensed, and check it out with their Association. I would also choose one that is bonded, and or bonded warehouse - this appears to negate a trip to the border. The trouble will be to find one that would be willing to handle a one time small transaction, especially when the government is telling them how much they can charge as maximum (peanuts).

This is what happened to Tiocorp, the agent was licensed, but there was enough money on the table for him to consider a sudden career change and relocation.
no longer active on Mexconnect

jackak10

May 9, 2013, 9:56 AM

Post #14 of 65 (22909 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sculptari] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

|

In Reply To
This is what happened to Tiocorp, the agent was licensed, but there was enough money on the table for him to consider a sudden career change and relocation.

Mexico. Licensed and bonded, etc. etc.

Means nothing.

Anonimo

May 9, 2013, 11:22 AM

Post #15 of 65 (22882 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sculptari] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply

I would also choose one that is bonded, and or bonded warehouse - this appears to negate a trip to the border.

How does it negate a trip to the border? Thank you for clarifying this.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Sculptari

May 9, 2013, 12:30 PM

Post #16 of 65 (22860 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

|
People were reporting on Chapala.com getting their cars nationalized at Brokers using the Guadalajara airport. Actual experiences - but none this year. They surmised it was the big companies with bonded warehouses. The owner of a large brokerage firm in Manzanillo explained to me that the way things worked, his name, and money was on the line with every shipment - this is why he had to refuse to clear my goods through the Port. All sorts of thing could go wrong with an automobile import - it could contain drugs (I think this is the real reason they want to put cars through the border - they have the equipment to do a proper search) or the car could be stolen.
no longer active on Mexconnect

ggcorazon

May 10, 2013, 8:29 AM

Post #17 of 65 (22766 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
We crossed the broder at Nogales last week. I highly recommend Oscar. Contact him in advance and he will have all the paper work done when you arrive at the border. Fantastic service. No need to look any further.

Fish Isla

May 10, 2013, 2:37 PM

Post #18 of 65 (22713 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ggcorazon] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply

~ Grupo Cuevas - Nuevo Laredo/Laredo
http://www.importaciondeautos.com/
Tel. ​956-729-7004 / 956-729-7415
info@importaciondeautos.com

I called these guys today. Very professional on the phone his name was Ramone. He said if I emailed him all the ness. papers and $400 deposit it would take 3 hours he would have everything ready.. He didn't care what model car he said all the prices are the same for normal cars trucks and vans. He said they can do anything from 2007 and down 2007 was $1600 complete. 06 $1500 05 $1370 04 $1350 03 $1330. My 2002 Gmc Sierra was $1310 in Progresso they wanted 45,000pesos. My original plan was to drive the GMC out of Mexico and drive something newer in but now that I find out I can do this for $1350 I am probably going to make a trip up and nationalize my truck and turn around and drive back. None of the prices included $60 for the permit they put on your windshield to drive with no plates until you get to your home state.
I am also thinking to justify all this by going on a big shopping spree in Texas for a couple days and get all the stuff I wished I had brought before.

mazbeach

May 10, 2013, 6:56 PM

Post #19 of 65 (22656 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Fish Isla] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
Wow, really expensive. Actually, the duty, taxes etc. vary according to the year, make and model of the vehicle. They are not a lump sum by year. As an example, I just nationalized my 2006 Xterra for a total of $1,100 and that included the broker's fee. You might want to consider checking into it a little further and drop Oscar a line.

sioux4noff

May 10, 2013, 7:15 PM

Post #20 of 65 (22648 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbeach] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
Much of it seems to depend on where you can most easily go to do the importing. A friend told me that Nuevo Laredo was higher than a couple other spots, but since it was a quicker trip and in his opinion, a better drive, he did that. To him, that was worth about a $500 US difference.

Fish Isla

May 10, 2013, 7:58 PM

Post #21 of 65 (22633 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
Exactly I would rather go the most direct route when I get near the boarder.

EricWoods

May 10, 2013, 9:31 PM

Post #22 of 65 (22614 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Fish Isla] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
Hi,
i am probably going to move to Enenanada or Rosarito beach later in the year my intentions are to go Residente Permante,i want to buy a US Mercedes ML320 Diesel SUV, if year model 2007 is the newest i can import thats ok my main concern is not long ago i was reading that 8-9-or 10 Year old were the only years eligible now i read a lot about 1994 to 2007 are importable (is this correct does anyone know for sure?) this is one of the few Mercedes models that have the correct format VIN #: Beginning with a digit not a letter, this vehicle i am thinking about has a "Kelley Blue Book" around $27000 usd good condition category with 70k, if this is importable anyone know what the cost involved would be approx i mean agent-customs & Baja registration fees, i know at present the car thingy is up in the air and probably due to change any of these days but anyhow the current status would still be somewhat helpful
Thanks a Lot
Eric

YucaLandia

May 11, 2013, 6:33 AM

Post #23 of 65 (22575 views)

Shortcut

Re: [EricWoods] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
6 year old and older NAFTA vehicles are eligible for permanently importing at US border crossings. The 8 and 9 year old rule applies to auto imports at sea ports. Because the import fees are so variable, we can only guess: None of us can tell you. You need to contact the broker who would be doing the import.
-
Read-on MacDuff

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on May 11, 2013, 6:46 AM)

Anonimo

May 11, 2013, 6:37 AM

Post #24 of 65 (22566 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Are Mercedes manufactured in the U.S.? Or are they imported to be sold in the U.S.?

Saludos,
Anonimo

YucaLandia

May 11, 2013, 6:47 AM

Post #25 of 65 (22560 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles

| Private Reply
Think Tuscaloosa County, Alabama - since the late 1990's.
-
Read-on MacDuff

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on May 11, 2013, 6:48 AM)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4