Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

littletulip01

Mar 28, 2013, 8:47 AM

Post #1 of 11 (8739 views)

Shortcut

Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

Can't Post | Private Reply
Several residents of Mazatlán have recently nationalized their vehicles in Nogales, México using Óscar Angulo, whom I introduced in my post of March 2012. They all have found that Óscar is a great find. The following was just posted on Mazinfo.com today. Tom C. Whitmore

Our Experience Legalizing Our Vehicle

< Prev Next >

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

Posted By:
Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:53 am |
We just went through the nationalization of our vehicle in Nogales. Much of
what follows has already been posted, but some of it is well worth repeating.

I can't praise enough the broker we used:

Lic. Oscar Angulo
Email: ancomercial@...
AnCo Comercializadora
Mexican Cel: 045 6311 20 10 15
US Cel: (520) 988-1936

His overall fee varies based on how Aduana views the value of your vehicle.
From his fee he takes care of all duties, taxes and fees. After we finished the
process I ran some numbers from the government receipt and realized how little
he charges for this service that supports himself and his office. Well under
$100 USD, which in my opinion was not nearly enough because of how painless he
makes a potentially complicated process?

If you contact him he will request you to scan and email him copies of a few
items like your visa, title and driver's license. If you do, he will have all
of the paperwork done before you arrive. Any driver's license is fine because
it's only used as a picture ID. He deals only in cash, but pesos are fine. As
he told me, "money exchanges." When US dollars are required he provides them
himself from out of fee. You never dig for your wallet.

We arrived at KM21 around 5:00 on Palm Sunday. Because there were questions
from Aduana about our seven year old TIP, I called Oscar. He was there in a
matter of minutes. He straightened it out and then led us to our hotel. The
next morning he stopped by at 9:00 so we could start. Less than 40 minutes
later we were done. Truly amazing as he guides you to several locations, down
different lanes, around barriers, selective U-turns and working through the
truck traffic; none of it with signs.

Nationalization of your vehicle is nothing to be afraid of. Just pick the best
broker. The only part of the process that wasn't easy was the two day drive to
Nogales. And back.

Larry

Oscar2

Mar 28, 2013, 10:38 AM

Post #2 of 11 (8685 views)

Shortcut

Re: [littletulip01] Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

I tried the US phone number but it says it's invalid.

littletulip01

Mar 28, 2013, 11:10 AM

Post #3 of 11 (8668 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

I do not know where that US number came from. I was unaware that Óscar had a USA tel. number. He does have two email addresses:

ancomercial@hotmail.com and
oscar.angulo73@gmail.com

I suggest you use email to start out, if you do not want to call his Mexican numbers.

He lives and has an office in Nogales, México. While he holds a US State Department card for unlimited entries into the USA, I am not aware he has a "home base" in the US.

Sincerely,
Tom C. Whitmore
littletulip@msn.com

mazbeach

Mar 28, 2013, 11:55 AM

Post #4 of 11 (8649 views)

Shortcut

Sorry 'bout that. I copied his siggy from his email. I always used his hotmail address and his Mexican cell number. Never tried to use his US number since I live in Mexico fulltime.

lindamandala

Jun 1, 2013, 12:00 PM

Post #5 of 11 (7399 views)

Shortcut

I am new to this forum and not sure exactly how to POST someting so am (hopefuly) posting on your post. I have a question for ANYONE WHO CAN HELP WITH THIS. I have just been told by someone who is legalizing cars through an agent at the border that she spoke with the Recaudadora in Guad about my car registration and was told they would not recognize it to give me plates. My car is from British Columbia where we do not have 'TITLES" like in the states, we have only a VEHICLE REGISTRATION. For some strange reason B.C. is diffferent from other provinces like Alberta and Saskatchewan in that they do not give out titles. Is there anyone from B.C. who has legalized a B.C. car recently and actually was able to get the pedimento (she said she could get me the pedimento but they might refuse to give me plates because of this problem) AND THE PLATES??? I am at my wits end here have already lost a whack of money with Tiocorp being scammed and it seems there is one impediment after another. I don't want to drive all the way to the border, get my pedimento and then not be given permission to get plates. This is what she is saying might happen.

Thanks so much for any info
Linda Mandala
La Manzanilla, Jalisco

RickS

Jun 1, 2013, 2:19 PM

Post #6 of 11 (7352 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lindamandala] Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

Linda there is an attorney in the Chapala/Guadalajara area who has been very helpful to expats locally with all things about immigration. He posts here and on other local boards as "Intercasa". This Canadian title thing you talk about has come up recently and he can probably be of some assistance to you.
His cell phone # is 331-556-0828

lindamandala

Jun 1, 2013, 7:18 PM

Post #7 of 11 (7280 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

Thank you so much for that info. Also today I contacted Oscar Angulo who was recommended as an honest broker at the border by a few other people who have used him and I asked him about the Registration vs Title thing. He sent me a copy of the paper from ICBC (the insurance company for BC) and asked me if the paper was the same - which it is exactly like the one he gave me for an example. He said if it looks like this then we are ok, so it seems he has dealt with BC cars before and they are accepting it for the pedimento. The only other thing is if they accept it at SAT when one goes for the plates. If the car is legally imported once we have a pedimento and it is then a Mexican Car, I do not see how they can really refuse to give one the plates though. Although, we ARE in Mexico, and as we know anything is possible that one could not even imagine.
Linda

ColimaCdn

Jun 10, 2013, 8:53 PM

Post #8 of 11 (6988 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lindamandala] Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

Hi Linda, did you find a resolution to your plates issue? Just wondering, as we are from BC, and facing the same problems. Oscar has been nothing but helpful, but we don't want to go to get our local plates and not be able to...

lindamandala

Jun 11, 2013, 2:59 PM

Post #9 of 11 (6908 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ColimaCdn] Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

I have friends here in La Manzanilla who drove to the border, used Oscar and he was amazingly helpful. He cancelled the TIP and in 3 hours he had done all the other stuff for them (they really did nothing except wait) and he also met them at the 21 km spot where you have to do all the car stuff near Nogales so they did not have to drive into town or cross the border at all. I cannot cross into the US with my expired BC plates, so this was good news. He then got the pedimento for them and the sticker that made them legal to drive back. When they returned they went to La Huerta to get their plates, there they got an emmissions test and then were given the plates and the registration and the new sticker for 2013 (calconomia - or whatever it is called) everything went smoothly, quickly, and they are legal with everything. That is all I know. It worked for them.
Linda

nittamex

Jun 15, 2013, 6:16 AM

Post #10 of 11 (6739 views)

Shortcut

Has anyone used Oscar Angulo to nationalize their vehicle without driving to Nogales? He quoted me $940.00 to nationalize at the border or $1700.00 without driving to the border.

John Roarback

Jun 15, 2013, 7:53 AM

Post #11 of 11 (6704 views)

Shortcut

Re: [nittamex] Nationalizing foreign-plated cars in Nogales, México

I have sent you a private message.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4