Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

GringoCArlos

Mar 20, 2013, 2:06 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4073 views)

Shortcut

Time to clean your house, San Miguel

Can't Post | Private Reply
Time to clean your house San Miguel and get rid of cops who act like this and their bosses who allow it. It's not the first time it's happened, it just got recorded by two law students who knew their rights. I would prefer the bad guys who just ignore me as long as I'm not mixed up in their business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUhH-Bd9wUw

Reefhound

Mar 22, 2013, 8:06 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3998 views)

Shortcut

Re: [GringoCArlos] Time to clean your house, San Miguel

What am I missing? I didn't see any abuse. At no time did I see them hit him or point a weapon at him. If an officer asks you to step out of the car, you step out of the car. Doesn't matter if you think the stop was unwarranted or the search invalid. You get to argue your "rights" in court not the field.

I can't believe the cops stood patiently for several minutes while the guy made a cell call. If that had happened in the U.S. he would have been tazed and dragged out by his hair after 30 seconds. And if he tried to physically push the cops back he would have been beaten senseless.

GringoCArlos

Mar 23, 2013, 12:24 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3944 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Time to clean your house, San Miguel

If grabbing and choking someone, and grabbing someone's genitals isn't abuse, maybe the video skipped or you missed it. I guess you missed the cops' drawn guns too. Pretty sure how it would all play out in the middle of the Sonoran desert at night, but in San Miguel in daylight?

Actions seen on that silly COPS show from up north won't legally fly in Mexico. The Mexican Constitution is not like the US Constitution, and cops are not God Almighty here who can just arrest anyone.

Under Mexican law, unless 1) one is committing actions against public security which would include drugs, guns, etc., or 2) is committing an action against the life of another which would include drunk or dangerous driving, or 3) is caught IN THE ACT of a criminal action that upon conviction would result in incarceration, cops can't arrest anyone without a judicial arrest warrant.

Cops attempting to forcibly enter and pull someone out of their car for no reason or for a minor reason is against the law. Read Article 16 of the Mexican Constitution which guarantees everyone's security in their home and property.

The cop and the District Attorney can get an arrest warrant if they think a judge will sign off on it, and it can follow the process set out in law. If the judge says the charges are BS, under the law the judge can then put the DA or the cop in jail. Otherwise, write the ticket or hit the road.

(This post was edited by GringoCArlos on Mar 23, 2013, 12:44 AM)

Reefhound

Mar 23, 2013, 7:05 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3894 views)

Shortcut

Re: [GringoCArlos] Time to clean your house, San Miguel

I saw in the first frames an officer holding a gun at his side pointed to the ground. I didn't see any guns after that and certainly not pointing at anyone.

Choking? You mean restraining a driver from starting the car and driving away, risking dragging the cops to serious injury or death.

And how do we know for what reason these guys were stopped or being asked to get out the car?

AlanMexicali

Mar 25, 2013, 4:14 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3841 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Reefhound] Time to clean your house, San Miguel

In Reply To
I saw in the first frames an officer holding a gun at his side pointed to the ground. I didn't see any guns after that and certainly not pointing at anyone.

Choking? You mean restraining a driver from starting the car and driving away, risking dragging the cops to serious injury or death.

And how do we know for what reason these guys were stopped or being asked to get out the car?

Here in San Luis Potosi they have noted on the local TV news that municapal police have been conducting searches of vehicles and passengers looking for guns, They are now into a new program to reduce people driving around with guns here and have publicized this.

I have seen police touring parking lots. stopping , walking around and asking questions to drivers lately and they sometimes ask the driver to stand by while the search the car. I have seen them stopping cars all over town.

I thought it was them trying to get some extra money to use on Semana Santa, as this is a new deal, until I caught it on the TV news. Alan

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Mar 25, 2013, 4:16 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4