Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

gringolandia

Mar 11, 2013, 3:44 AM

Post #1 of 13 (3143 views)

Shortcut

Story about Jocotepec

Can't Post |
In Mexconnect's home section is a new article by author Marvin West about JOCOTEPEC.

It gives a hint of what the municipality is like and points at a town that more lakeside residents should visit.

(This post was edited by gringolandia on Mar 11, 2013, 4:09 AM)

stevebrtx

Mar 11, 2013, 6:25 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3117 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gringolandia] Story about Jocotepec

Can't Post | Private Reply
I was there last week to get some comida para mi pollo. We used to go over regularly, but to be honest the journey with all the topes has become so tortured it's a downer and then to see what Joco allowed to be over built really detracts from the former image of the area. It's still a nice town and of course they have paved streets that don't torture you and your car, but the journey is a tope too far.
http://www.chapalaweather.net

Gringal

Mar 11, 2013, 7:05 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3104 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] Story about Jocotepec

I counted those topes over a year ago. There were 24, from the main highway to my Ajijic home. More have been added since then.
The worst is the "stealth topes"...the unpainted little devils.

gringolandia

Mar 11, 2013, 7:55 AM

Post #4 of 13 (3089 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Story about Jocotepec

Can't Post |
based on you and Steve....looks like I will remain among the few gringos who have learned to love this place......oh well, I never like crowds anyway!

stevebrtx

Mar 11, 2013, 8:06 AM

Post #5 of 13 (3087 views)

Shortcut

It's not the town, it's fine, even nice, nice folks, it's the trip to get there, I'm sure the view from the top of Mount Everest is fabulous, but the trip to get there? - a couple years ago I looked at a house up on Gobblers Knob (Upper Chula Vista) but after driving up there a couple times I said forget it - and I have a Jeep.

Gringal

Mar 11, 2013, 12:14 PM

Post #6 of 13 (3034 views)

Shortcut

Nothing wrong with the town. It would be fine if you actually lived there.
Just the trip getting there and back, especially on weekends. Oy.

robt65

Mar 12, 2013, 9:47 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2958 views)

Shortcut

Steve,

Thanks for the laugh . . . . I loved that "the journey is a tope too far" comment. I was sitting in McDonalds, McAllen, TX and the other folks in here started lookin at me when I was laughing! Thanks for the laugh.

Robt65

RickS

Mar 12, 2013, 11:04 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2948 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Story about Jocotepec

"I was sitting in McDonalds, McAllen, TX..."

Ah, a man who enjoys the finer eating establishments that life has to offer!

stevebrtx

Mar 12, 2013, 11:34 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2943 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Story about Jocotepec

Now, if he'd said Wendy's I'd be envious, but we have plenty of Macs here, so no thrill.

robt65

Mar 12, 2013, 6:30 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2902 views)

Shortcut

Hello Steve and Rick S,

Wendy's??? Wendy's!?!?!?!?!? you mean the home of the original thin square hamburger???? However McD's does now have real Alaskan white meat cold water Pollock and not that pressed fish scraps that others now serve! Pretty good also, it just came out locally this week. Gave it a try and was pretty impressed. I must asmit though Wendy's does have a real tasty Chile, Loaded Baked Potato and their hamburger meat (square as it is) does have a much better flavor than McD's. (Smiling) For my tastes though Burger King beats them both in the hamburger department.

Regards,
Robt65

tonyburton

Mar 12, 2013, 7:10 PM

Post #11 of 13 (2894 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Story about Jocotepec

I never thought I would see Jocotepec, McDonalds and Wendy's in the same thread. Can we please get back to Mexico?

RickS

Mar 12, 2013, 8:46 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2881 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Story about Jocotepec

Mea Culpa!

arbon

Mar 12, 2013, 11:27 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2870 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Story about Jocotepec

Can't Post |

In Reply To
I never thought I would see Jocotepec, McDonalds and Wendy's in the same thread. Can we please get back to Mexico?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ esperanza quote........... "There is no better mattress made in Mexico than the WENDY, made in Guadalajara. I have slept on a WENDY mattress for the last 12 years and can't speak highly enough about the product. My first was a king-size, the second is a double pillow top queen, with its box spring. I changed mattresses because the king-size came furnished in my Ajijic house; I bought my own WENDY when I moved to Guadalajara."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This post was edited by arbon on Mar 12, 2013, 11:30 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4