Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Sunnyvmx

Feb 14, 2013, 4:46 AM

Post #1 of 13 (3881 views)

Shortcut

New Home, New Life

Can't Post | Private Reply
As I await the remodel of my new apt. with livein bird aviary, I am reinventing myself from who I was in Catemaco to the new me in Chapala. This area is astounding and at the opposite end of the spectrum so I am excited about the life I will be creating here. In order to do this I must rid myself of all that I have been dragging along with me and storing. This will free me to decorate and live with a new eye and enjoyment of my surroundings. So two ladies and I will be having a weekend, "Too Much Stuff" sale.

The address is calle San Luis #332, Riberas del Pilar. One block off the main highway just east of Mirasol on the lakeside. Exit on San Diego and make the first left onto San Luis. The apt. complex is next door to the Oasis Cloud internet cafe. Hours will be 9am to 4pm on Saturday the 16th and 10am to 3pm on Sunday the 17th.

There will be decorator items, kitchenware, serving pieces, furniture, sea salt and spices, slim ladies clothing etc...

All will be priced to sell. Please introduce yourself with also your forum name. It's fun to meet in person.

Sunnyvmx

Feb 15, 2013, 1:59 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3802 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sunnyvmx] New Home, New Life

We have just added a jacuzzi bathtub to the sale. Don't miss it.

sandykayak

Feb 26, 2013, 9:13 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3447 views)

Shortcut

Neym Sunny Would love to hear your views and perspective. Do you have a blog ab living in Mex? Seems to me that you did, but can't find the link.
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

sparks

Feb 26, 2013, 1:39 PM

Post #4 of 13 (3406 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sandykayak] New Home, New Life

Aye ... Sandy, she posted it in the messages above

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Sunnyvmx

Feb 27, 2013, 4:41 AM

Post #5 of 13 (3342 views)

Shortcut

No Sandy, my website is my story about caring for my mother the last years of her life after being carjacked and having accelerated dementia from the head injury. I write about my adventures here in Mexico on the forums. The "too much stuff" sale was very successful and I took the money to another yard sale and spent it. This must be Lakeside recycling at it's best. I love my new apt. and have added two more birds to the aviary/livingroom. Now there are six.

I'm learning my way around from San Juan Cosala to Riberas, but I've yet to venture into Chapala. Several mornings a week I have breakfast with "the boys" at the Sunrise cafe. It's fun to walk in and say, "I'll have my usual" and that's pretty much the way it is with this new life. There is so much delicious homemade food at the weekly markets that I hope to never cook again. In fact I told my wonderful new landlords not to even put in a stove. I have a microwave, elec. fry pan and crockpot in case I want my spaghetti or chili. There is so much to see and do here that I've had to buy a watch, cell phone and keep a calendar on the PC. Life in Catemaco, Veracruz required no watch, cell phone or calendar. I'm afraid I'll lose the little spanish I have, so I use it every chance I get and I'm still getting used to so much english being spoken when I'm out and about. It's much to easy to forget you're in Mexico here. Except for the cobblestones. I'm afraid my poor scooter has a few new squeeks, but then so do I.

sandykayak

Feb 27, 2013, 4:53 AM

Post #6 of 13 (3339 views)

Shortcut

Pity. From the info you sent me a couple of years ago, plus yogur posts on the forums, you leas (and have led) an interesting life.

I think your perspective on moving from Cametaco to the Lakeside area would be of interest to those of us to like to read real life stories and for people still doing their research about.

Do a google search for Janice Kimball. She's written an interesting book ab her life. I'll dig it out and post her website.
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

sandykayak

Feb 27, 2013, 5:09 AM

Post #7 of 13 (3338 views)

Shortcut

http://www.janicekimball.com/

Click on Writings and read about her book. "Three in a Cage". Very touching story. Also available on Kindle.

I think you would enjoy meeting her. Also, I'm happy to put in "shameless plug" for someone who is creative and has done a lot of good. She adopted a young Mexican (read ab in book) and he does lovely weavings. I invite others reading this post to check her out.
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

lamur

Feb 27, 2013, 1:50 PM

Post #8 of 13 (3285 views)

Shortcut

I'd love to see how you created the aviary...any chance of seeing photos?

L

Gringal

Feb 27, 2013, 2:06 PM

Post #9 of 13 (3281 views)

Shortcut

She was in the recent Open Studios tour showing her work and that of several other artists. Her studio/home/gallery is a delight, located on the West end of Ajijic on the Carreterra opposite the "snake" mural in a brightly colored building called "Aztec Studios". She's open Thurs. and Fridays to the public. Well worth a visit.

esperanza

Feb 27, 2013, 2:11 PM

Post #10 of 13 (3275 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] New Home, New Life

In Reply To
She was in the recent Open Studios tour showing her work and that of several other artists. Her studio/home/gallery is a delight, located on the West end of Ajijic on the Carreterra opposite the "snake" mural in a brightly colored building called "Aztec Studios". She's open Thurs. and Fridays to the public. Well worth a visit.

Your post refers to Janice Kimball. I think the other post refers to Sunnynmex's aviary-in-the-living-room.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Gringal

Feb 27, 2013, 2:21 PM

Post #11 of 13 (3273 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] New Home, New Life

I was referring to Janice Kimball, who wrote "Three in a Cage".

Sunnyvmx

Feb 28, 2013, 4:37 AM

Post #12 of 13 (3202 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] New Home, New Life

It can be said that my livingroom is in an aviary or the aviary is in the livingroom. The birds have their area with a large play gym and their feathers are clipped so they pretty much stay there. They can flutter about, but I can keep it clean, afterall I don't poop wherever I want either. When I first saw the apt. it was a storeroom of sorts and took a lot of imagination and a few sleepless nights to decide it could be made into the perfect longterm living arrangement for me. When I expressed my desire to change apartments to my landlord he then went right to work installing a kitchen/bedroom in the one room with plumbing and more elec. outlets. The bathroom had previously been retiled. The patio needed elec. outlets and then the whole place was ready for a complete scrubdown.

The far end of the patio is now lined with shelving units for plants (my other addiction) and the birds and I are moved in except for some decorating which is now in progress. It's amazing what can be done when you aren't catering to the wants and whims of a man around the house. Like a friend once told me, "When it comes to horses, boats and women, don't own 'em, rent 'em.

sandykayak

Feb 28, 2013, 4:47 AM

Post #13 of 13 (3199 views)

Shortcut

OK, Sunny. Please start a life in Mexico blog. I'll be the first to subscribe. And you have such an interesting personal also. LOL
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4