Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Next page Last page  View All

stevebrtx

Jan 31, 2013, 8:10 AM

Post #176 of 443 (25769 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Johnarnold] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
So, by that statement, do you have to leave the country, "go home" and start a new application, then in 1 year, go home again and apply for a 1-4 year?
http://www.chapalaweather.net

Johnarnold

Jan 31, 2013, 9:16 AM

Post #177 of 443 (25744 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply

In Reply To
So, by that statement, do you have to leave the country, "go home" and start a new application, then in 1 year, go home again and apply for a 1-4 year?

Oh gosh no. Apply. Get one year only. Apply for additional years after one year..apply here in Mexico.

stevebrtx

Jan 31, 2013, 9:26 AM

Post #178 of 443 (25739 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
So you only have to go home once, that's better, but odd, I believe that's the first I've heard of the 1 and then 1-4 plan, seems I've seen other posts where folks got 4 on the first pass.

Johnarnold

Jan 31, 2013, 9:34 AM

Post #179 of 443 (25731 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply

In Reply To
So you only have to go home once, that's better, but odd, I believe that's the first I've heard of the 1 and then 1-4 plan, seems I've seen other posts where folks got 4 on the first pass.

No..I do not have to go nob.

stevebrtx

Jan 31, 2013, 9:52 AM

Post #180 of 443 (25726 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Ok, now that is for sure a variance from what we've been told. To start a new Temporal you have to go NOB to a consulate.

viktoremski

Jan 31, 2013, 10:34 AM

Post #181 of 443 (25712 views)

Shortcut

Re: [viktoremski] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Update: After only a week, I found a notification "presentarse en la oficina", and yesterday I went there to finalize the Residente Permanente deal. My fingerprints were taken, and pictures collected. I was told the card should arrive from DF in 2-3 weeks.
What I forgot to mention in my original message is that I was not asked for any financial statements. I also tried to give them a copy of my former FM3, but they did not need it.

Irishincolumbus

Feb 11, 2013, 10:14 AM

Post #182 of 443 (25317 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply

In Reply To
We have five or six threads dealing with the new INM rules.
It will be much more useful to consolidate our experiences.
So. please, lets use this thread to report of experience with INM and Consulate offices.

I married a Mexican lady last year and planning to move and retire there in May. She went to immigration in Queretaro on Friday to find how I get my visa under the new rules. All they said was we needed marriage certificate with apostille , passport ,tourist visa from when I enter and a letter stating why I want to live in Mexico which seemed odd since I'm married to a Mexican. Nothing was said about income requirements etc .... can anyone help me with the basics . Much appreciated , James

(This post was edited by Irishincolumbus on Feb 11, 2013, 11:30 AM)

John Shrall

Feb 12, 2013, 12:21 PM

Post #183 of 443 (25210 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
After starting our permanente process on November 12 in Chapala and fingerprinted in Guadalajara on December 19, we finally received our permanente cards at the municipal building in Guadalajara on February 6.

There was no notification on the Internet, but being so close we thought we'd take a chance.

Even though we were in town for a tennis tournament 10 minutes away from the building on Alcade and were able to go right to the front of the line with our paper containing the NUT, the whole process took close to 3 hours.

I can only imagine how all the envelopes containing the cards are stacked in the back room. Based on the time needed to find the cards I suspect there is no filing system in place at all.

Anticipating we'd apply for inmigrado since our 5 years were up before the new rules went into effect we had already disposed of the US plated car and bought one in Mexico so we're finally done!

sparks

Feb 12, 2013, 3:56 PM

Post #184 of 443 (25178 views)

Shortcut

Re: [John Shrall] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Just picked up my 2 year Temporal today. Took 1/2 hour. The online checking site said my papers never got past Colima. I was notified by email

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

roni_smith

Feb 14, 2013, 4:35 AM

Post #185 of 443 (25083 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Here is the communication one man got from the Houston consulate - he is tied up in knots about this - it started with problems because his financial institution provides quarterly statements instead of monthly ones.

Here is the reply after telling them I have quarterly statements...

For your visa, since you are telling me that you are not going to be able to provide the bank statements, then I will need a letter from your financial institution stating that you have the monthly balance needed.

Joint bank account is accepted when the balance proves that is sufficient to cover the expenses of the couple for the period of time that they will remain in Mexico.

As I have informed, the minimum requested per person is monthly balance of 97, 969.24 usd (20 mil días de salario mínimo) or pension deposits of at least 1,959.26 usd.

These are the requirements established, without them I wouldn’t be able to issue the visa.

Another option for you would be to once having your Temporary Residence in Mexico, go to INM and apply for your wife’s visa for family unit. If the immigration authorities resolve to approve it, they will provide a document that your wife will bring to the Consulate and then I will be able to issue the visa.

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/68447-visa-woes.html
------
Planning for Mexico Move Blog

YucaLandia

Feb 14, 2013, 8:06 PM

Post #186 of 443 (24965 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
There are reports about the Mexican Consulate in Orlando, coming from a person who has just been been approved, saying that the Consulate gave both them, and the people after them, visas with 180 day expiration dates - giving them 180 days to enter Mexico.
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

roni_smith

Feb 15, 2013, 12:05 PM

Post #187 of 443 (24920 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
That has been my understanding all along - 6 months to enter Mexico and then 30 days to get to your immigration office in Mexico
------
Planning for Mexico Move Blog

Opatije

Feb 15, 2013, 12:53 PM

Post #188 of 443 (24900 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roni_smith] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Yes that is correct - at least what is printed on our visas.

In Reply To
That has been my understanding all along - 6 months to enter Mexico and then 30 days to get to your immigration office in Mexico

YucaLandia

Feb 15, 2013, 1:17 PM

Post #189 of 443 (24887 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Opatije] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
I don't know about correct or not, but some applicants have only been given 30 days, and others given 55 days by various Consulates.

Foreigners have been having a bit of luck by showing copies of the official rules to both Consular and INM staff, during this time of varied and patchwork applications of the rules.

Is there any reference or guidance document that Mexconnect readers have spotted that quotes a standard value?
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Feb 15, 2013, 1:23 PM)

BajaBarry

Feb 15, 2013, 2:01 PM

Post #190 of 443 (24874 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Our No Inmigrante documents expire next month. In January we spoke with Bianca in the Loreto INM office. My wife is working full time, and except for the next two weeks, will not be able to be in Loreto until October. We explained the situation and Bianca told us, after I asked, that we could obtain a Power of Attorney so that I would be able to take possession of her card after it is returned from Mexico City. She said that the two weeks would be sufficient for everything, including my wife's fingerprints, to get done in Loreto, but not long enough to get the final document back.

Today a friend, who I asked to help with the PoA, spoke with her and she said it is not possible!! We plan to go to the office first thing Monday morning to get the process started, and if she does not remember telling us it is okay, we will speak with her superior.

Does anyone have any experience with the use of a PoA with INM, especially recently? Thanks.

Irishincolumbus

Feb 16, 2013, 8:23 AM

Post #191 of 443 (24766 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Rolly posted the INM Handbook in previous forum and it has the number of days you have to enter Mexico , just one seems to be 30 days with most 180. Be prepared to get different answers if you talk to more than person. My wife was given one answer of requirements when she visited INM in Queretaro and then a similar but longer list of requirements after I asked her to call the 800 number. So the suggestion of printing out the requirements and taking them along is good advice from Steve and make sure to do as much research up front as you can.

James

Microvolt

Feb 16, 2013, 9:42 PM

Post #192 of 443 (24665 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BajaBarry] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
I was able to have a neighbor pick up my card in San Luis Potosi in January, by providing him with a simple letter authorizing him to pick it up, signed by me and 2 witnesses (neighbors) and copies of their IFE id (voter id cards) and a copy of the first page of my passport.

Ric Hoffman

Feb 20, 2013, 5:15 AM

Post #193 of 443 (24486 views)

Shortcut

Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
My Trámite for Residente Permanente was submitted on 14 December 2012; after three weeks of emails and meeting with INM before they agreed I did not need to wait until 30 days before my current card expired (21 August 2013). Formal application signed and fingerprints taken on 21 January 2013. Email notification of returned card sent by INM on 6 February 2013. The card was issued on 16 December 2012.

La Isla

Feb 20, 2013, 10:19 AM

Post #194 of 443 (24429 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ric Hoffman] Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply

In Reply To
My Trámite for Residente Permanente was submitted on 14 December 2012; after three weeks of emails and meeting with INM before they agreed I did not need to wait until 30 days before my current card expired (21 August 2013). Formal application signed and fingerprints taken on 21 January 2013. Email notification of returned card sent by INM on 6 February 2013. The card was issued on 16 December 2012.

I'm confused. Are you saying that you applied for a RP card on December 14, 2012, and it was issued two days later?

Ric Hoffman

Feb 20, 2013, 10:26 AM

Post #195 of 443 (24424 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Yes, on the reverse of the card is the issue date. Which is actually the date the approving authority signed the application or Tramite. That is normally the Delgado for the regional INM. The complete packet is then sent to DF to be completed and the card issued and returned to your regional INM.

La Isla

Feb 20, 2013, 10:33 AM

Post #196 of 443 (24417 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I see. And then it took almost two months for it to be processed in Mexico City and returned to your local INM office. Thanks for posting this information, Ric. It's useful to know how long all of this can take. Since I live in Mexico City, maybe it won't take as long for me :-)!

Ric Hoffman

Feb 20, 2013, 10:55 AM

Post #197 of 443 (24411 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Re:Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
It wasn't that long when you consider the Christmas break was about 10 days. You can plan on probably 2 - 3 weeks since you live in DF.

(This post was edited by Ric Hoffman on Feb 20, 2013, 10:56 AM)

La Isla

Feb 20, 2013, 11:01 AM

Post #198 of 443 (24404 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
That's true. Forgot about the holiday recess.

S & C

Feb 22, 2013, 3:04 PM

Post #199 of 443 (24199 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I recently posted about my confusion and appreciate any answers I got.
Today was my day for INM.
My wife and I had 4 years of FM3 and last year started another round with the new FM3, no inmigrato rentista. Several people plus a lawyer said I could get the permanent status but from what I read I was skeptical. I filled out the applications for Permanente status but also did ones for the temporal visa just in case. That way I wouldn't have to drive 40 minutes home and go back on Monday, (which is usually the most crowded day). I even had 6 months of financials ready just in case.
We arrived at the INM office in Playa Del Carmen, Q Roo. (an area loaded with non mexicans and an office that is always really busy). We got there 15 minutes before opening time and were 15th in line.
When we got to the counter I presented our docs for Permenante and after checking the computer were told we could not get it. We just finished our 1st year on a noinmigrante card and all past FM3 years do not count.
I took back the papers and handed him ones for the residente temporal visa and he said I could get one for 3 years, which we decided to do. I then needed a new letter, photos, and I had to make the bank payment before anything else could be done. There is a guy next to the INM office that does letters, photos and other help. We got what we needed from him. He charges a lot but does a good fast job. We went 3 blocks to a bank and it was empty! (My first time in a bank here without a decent line). We each had to pay $5,940 pesos for the 3 year visa, (@$ 467 usd each). No Credit card, pesos only.
Went back to INM and but needed 2 copies of the bank receipt. Waited for only about 10 minutes and then we were served.
They required the on line application, a letter stating what we wanted to do, photos, a CFE bill, a copy of our passports, our NoInmigrante card, 2 copies of the bank pymt, one was given back as our receipt, PLUS they required my last 3 months of bank statements in both English and Spanish. (for some reason this office ALWAYS wants them).
We got our NUT and password and were on our way.
The staff was very thorough and helpful and spoke some English which helped with our bad Spanish.
The ENTIRE thing from arriving and waiting for them to open plus all the errands took only 1 1/2 hours. (In past years I waited in the INM office longer than that!)
Hope this helps someone down the line...
Stan

MaryPat

Feb 24, 2013, 2:12 PM

Post #200 of 443 (24000 views)

Shortcut

Re: [S & C] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
I also had a similar experience last week. I live in Quintana Roo and our INM office is in Chetumal. I and my husband have had FM3's (no inmigrante/rentista-no lucrativa) since September 2004. Six years with the green "passport" type books and the past 3 years with the plastic cards. I went to INM to check what was the earliest date I could apply for residente permanente. The INM office worker looked in the computer and said not for another year. She said there was no record of my first 6 years with the "green booklet" in their computer.
Questions: Have people in other states experienced similar situations? Is it Federal INM policy that only the time on the plastic cards will be applied to whether we can apply for residente temporal or permanente?
I plan on going into the INM office next week again to speak with another person--but if this is standard policy I don't want to waste my time and energy.
Any thoughts?
Thank you
Mary Pat
First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4