Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

ecollard

Jan 29, 2013, 2:23 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3151 views)

Shortcut

Delicious Italian restaurant - in Chapala

Can't Post | Private Reply
Just got back from a delicious mid-afternoon meal (aka "comida") at Il Giardino (Av. Madero #430-A, Chapala). They're located next door to La Lena restaurant, about 1/2 block north of the main plaza and on the west side of the main street) leading down to the lake. #1: They have 3 vegetarian offerings (pizza, lasagna, salad)--which is rare in Chapala. #2: The pizzas are baked in wood-fired pizza oven and are very tasty. #3: They have a variety of other foods (steamed salmon and veggies, blackened fish, fetuccini, calzones, BBQ ribs and wings, hamburgers, steaks, nachos, baked panela cheese, and more.
The prices are moderate (pizzas range from $80p to $120p), and the atmosphere is pleasant.
They're open every day, from 1-10pm and will deliver. Phone: 376-108-0350 or 331-256-0502. I recommend them highly!
Eileen

DavidHF

Jan 29, 2013, 4:49 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3129 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ecollard] Delicious Italian restaurant - in Chapala

Do you know who the owner is?

bronco

Feb 18, 2013, 3:45 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2641 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ecollard] Delicious Italian restaurant - in Chapala

what is blackened fish? i know its on google, but this is mexico. is this fryed in a pan? or on a grille? is the black mean pepper? & what kind of fiss is it? last time i had fish out, i said never again!

ecollard

Feb 18, 2013, 5:50 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2620 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] Delicious Italian restaurant - in Chapala

Sorry, but I don't know how this particular restaurant defines and prepares its "blackened" dishes. Certainly, you could ask the chef, who's quite accessible at the front entrance. And then, if you don't like what he says, you can order something that isn't blackened. Or you could try it - you might like it!
Eileen

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4