Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

esperanza

Jan 28, 2013, 12:55 PM

Post #1 of 10 (3439 views)

Shortcut

So Shoot Me...

| Private Reply
Am I the only person on Mexconnect who is really fed up with all the constant advertising on the "Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region" board? Doesn't Mexconnect have a business section? Even yard sales are for-profit, not to mention advertising about markets.

Can't these posts be moved so that real information about the Lake Chapala area can take its proper place here?

Or maybe it is just me. *sigh*

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

RickS

Jan 28, 2013, 1:55 PM

Post #2 of 10 (3417 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] So Shoot Me...

| Private Reply
Since you asked....

No, it doesn't bother me that they are there. I just usually don't read anything that "simpsca" posts.

However, it does appear that 'she' is violating forum rules most of the time by posting w/lists (see 'Sticky - For Sale Post) for this Forum above).

tonyburton

Jan 28, 2013, 2:01 PM

Post #3 of 10 (3410 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
No bullets required. Time for a clean-up!

stevebrtx

Jan 28, 2013, 3:01 PM

Post #4 of 10 (3388 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] So Shoot Me...

| Private Reply
Muchas Gracias
http://www.chapalaweather.net

tonyburton

Jan 28, 2013, 3:50 PM

Post #5 of 10 (3376 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] So Shoot Me...

| Private Reply
Yes, it's been on my "to do" list long enough! Just needed a friendly reminder from all of you. Can we now have some informative discussions about the lakeside area, please?

bronco

Jan 28, 2013, 7:08 PM

Post #6 of 10 (3336 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] So Shoot Me...

| Private Reply
i can live w/out the sales on that forum. but the lakechapalacrime.com is ok. (as its about "local" crime). an important topic.

tashby

Jan 28, 2013, 9:45 PM

Post #7 of 10 (3321 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I almost ranted last night. Thanks for doing it more graciously than I am capable.

Ya basta.

Magilicudy

Feb 3, 2013, 7:16 AM

Post #8 of 10 (3082 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
It seems to me that 'mexico cooks' is a commercial site? At least it was the last time I looked. And, it's listed at the bottom of all of your posts. So is that ok?

It was my understanding that posting a 'commercial' website on a post on this web board, even for non-commercial conversations, was not an 'ok' thing to do on this webboard.

I have a 'commercial' component on my own website and posts get placed in the business section of this webboard as a result.

Typically the garage sales, etc. are posted for what they are. As one poster indicated, he simply does not open the post and moves on to something more interesting.

esperanza

Feb 3, 2013, 7:26 AM

Post #9 of 10 (3076 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Magilicudy] So Shoot Me...

| Private Reply
Mexico Cooks! is not a commercial site. I receive no income from it.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Magilicudy

Feb 3, 2013, 7:56 AM

Post #10 of 10 (3061 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I enjoy your blog very much. It's a great contribution. I also think your tours are a great idea and I hoped to take advantage of that one day.

I guess I was confused about the books for sale on the left-hand column that goes directly to Amazon.
The other bloggers I know that have books for sale on their websites get a small amount of money from the sale of each book sold by Amazon and purchased by the reader of the blog who has clicked on the link to Amazon to see the book. Your blog must not be set up that way.

The way I found out about your tours is through MexicoCooks.... I guess since you are talking about the tours and not actually selling them on that website, that does not count as commercial.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4