Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

T0M

Nov 25, 2002, 3:52 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1586 views)

Shortcut

privacy/terracotta work

Can't Post |
Howdy...

Thanks to Kenna, we are replacing our perimeter wall/fence. We have a mason currently working on this on our house in La Peņita, Nayarit. He is building pillars from brick with a low wall between the pillars. On top of the low wall, I would like to have some sort of "open work" terracotta that will allow for good airflow but also privacy. I do not want people to be able to see directly thorugh this wall. Standing outside, if a person looked at an upward angle, I would like them to be able to look through the open work and see the sky above and beyond our property. A person inside the property, standing close to the wall would perhaps be able to look down, through the open work and see the feet of someone walking by.

How might this be accomplished?

On another stretch of this new perimeter, we plan open iron work between the pillars. I am expecting this to be expensive. Part of the reason for doing some of the work with terracotta is that I am guessing that it is less expensive and partly for the privacy.

The bricks the mason is using for the pillars and the low wall are 2x15x7 inches. I suppose if he was clever enough, he could build something with these (like louvers?) but I like terracotta. The pillars are about 15- 18 feet apart.

Does anyone know of a site where I could view some possibilites?

To compound our difficulties, we are doing this from Alaska but we do have friends who are trying to be sure that things are going as we want.

Thanks,

Tom

mexhapati

Nov 26, 2002, 8:32 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1515 views)

Shortcut

mexhapati brand privacy/terracotta work

Can't Post |
HI TOM

We at mexhapati make a terra cotta "celosia". They look like taditional roofing tiles that have been cut short, like 5 inches wide. Don't have an image handy right now but maybe can dig one up for you. It consists of half moon shapes or little arches, which are stacked on upon the other to form the privacy division you want. Very Mexican. They're made in our factory in the state of Guanajuato, hope not too far away. Let me know how many sq meters you need as well as where to deliver and I'll get you a quote. Visit us at www.mexhapati.com for other artesan products for authentic Mexican ambiance.

Rene

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4