Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

AlanMexicali

Jan 22, 2013, 7:24 AM

Post #1 of 18 (13402 views)

Shortcut

CURP Card problem.

Can't Post | Private Reply
I had been to the Municipal Office and they said my new CURP # is in their system and it is the same as on the Residente Temporal card, no problem. My old CURP # cannot be deleted from the system the lady is on at the Municipal Office. She tried different things for 25 minutes. Has anyone had this problem? Is it a big deal or not? The last 2 digits are different. Alan

Last 2 digits represent:

Last digit = Digito verificador = verification digit

2nd to last digit = homoclave: elemento para registro duplicados = [ŋhomo? [same?] key: registry item to duplicate]

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jan 22, 2013, 7:57 AM)

sioux4noff

Jan 22, 2013, 10:02 AM

Post #2 of 18 (13337 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] CURP Card problem.

I guess I missed it if you said why you have 2 CURP numbers.

AlanMexicali

Jan 22, 2013, 11:07 AM

Post #3 of 18 (13317 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] CURP Card problem.

In Reply To
I guess I missed it if you said why you have 2 CURP numbers.

I have had a CURP for 3 years. Now the INM gave me another.

morgaine7

Jan 22, 2013, 11:34 AM

Post #4 of 18 (13307 views)

Shortcut

When I did my CURP initially, the Registro Civil mixed my given and family names, and (not knowing the formula) I didn't discover the error until a year or so later. When I went back, the RC made the change and even thanked me for correcting it. They didn't mention any problem deleting the old one, and INM accepted the corrected one without question. I'm mystified as to why they'd give you a new CURP if you already had one. Have you told them about the problem? Maybe they could delete the second number they created and get you back to the original one.

Kate

AlanMexicali

Jan 22, 2013, 11:43 AM

Post #5 of 18 (13305 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] CURP Card problem.

In Reply To
When I did my CURP initially, the Registro Civil mixed my given and family names, and (not knowing the formula) I didn't discover the error until a year or so later. When I went back, the RC made the change and even thanked me for correcting it. They didn't mention any problem deleting the old one, and INM accepted the corrected one without question. I'm mystified as to why they'd give you a new CURP if you already had one. Have you told them about the problem? Maybe they could delete the second number they created and get you back to the original one.

Kate

I donīt know why they did that but I think when we return from our NOB trip I will ask them as the newest CURP is printed on the INM card. Or I might just forget about it.

travelerjjm

Jan 22, 2013, 4:08 PM

Post #6 of 18 (13246 views)

Shortcut

My understanding is that the second-to-last digit (homoclave which is a taxpayer ID or key) is used to avoid duplicate entries in the database (that is, homo->same clave->key). That situation would arise in the case of two people born on the same day in the same state with names that map into the CURP the same way, or in your case if you got two CURPs.

Rolly

Jan 22, 2013, 4:14 PM

Post #7 of 18 (13242 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CURP Card problem.

Here is how a CURP is made and other useful information about it..

Rolly Pirate

AlanMexicali

Jan 22, 2013, 5:05 PM

Post #8 of 18 (13225 views)

Shortcut

Re: [travelerjjm] CURP Card problem.

In Reply To
My understanding is that the second-to-last digit (homoclave which is a taxpayer ID or key) is used to avoid duplicate entries in the database (that is, homo->same clave->key). That situation would arise in the case of two people born on the same day in the same state with names that map into the CURP the same way, or in your case if you got two CURPs.

The way it looks is it "might" be easy for me to go to the SEGOB office and get it straightened out. This might be a good thing to do.

I will wait until we return from 2 weeks NOB just in case they want to keep the old CURP and delete the new CURP and replace my new Residente Temporal card and put the old CURP on it.

joaquinx

Jan 22, 2013, 5:16 PM

Post #9 of 18 (13219 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
The way it looks is it "might" be easy for me to go to the SEGOB office and get it straightened out. This might be a good thing to do.

I will wait until we return from 2 weeks NOB just in case they want to keep the old CURP and delete the new CURP and replace my new Residente Temporal card and put the old CURP on it.

Or forget the whole thing and lose the old card.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

YucaLandia

Jan 23, 2013, 6:42 AM

Post #10 of 18 (13132 views)

Shortcut

Alan,
There are many expats out here with 2 CURP numbers. When the Mexican Gob. decided that everyone must have a CURP registered with their fone account, about 5-6 Aprils ago, many of us got CURPs. In the meantime, INM subsequently started automatically issuing additional CURPs with their renewals. I have had 2 CURPS for at least 5 years, and it does not seem to affect anything. I only use the more recently INM-issued CURP.

Does having 2 CURPs cause any problems? If you apply for or use IMSS's pension plan, or other IMSS services, then you would likely want to specifically use just one CURP to avoid confusion in their records. ??? Hacienda records may also present problems if you use 2 different CURPs. ???
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

AlanMexicali

Jan 23, 2013, 6:52 AM

Post #11 of 18 (13127 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] CURP Card problem.

In Reply To
Alan,
There are many expats out here with 2 CURP numbers. When the Mexican Gob. decided that everyone must have a CURP registered with their fone account, about 5-6 Aprils ago, many of us got CURPs. In the meantime, INM subsequently started automatically issuing additional CURPs with their renewals. I have had 2 CURPS for at least 5 years, and it does not seem to affect anything. I only use the more recently INM-issued CURP.

Does having 2 CURPs cause any problems? If you apply for or use IMSS's pension plan, or other IMSS services, then you would likely want to specifically use just one CURP to avoid confusion in their records. ??? Hacienda records may also present problems if you use 2 different CURPs. ???
steve

That sounds about exactly what happened. I will simply go to the ISSSTE office and have them change the CURP I registered with to the new CURP that is on my INM card. Then I will not use the old CURP anywhere from now on. Problem solved. Thanks. Alan

jwp_007

Jan 24, 2013, 8:28 AM

Post #12 of 18 (12997 views)

Shortcut

I have 2 friends who had this problem. They could not renew their Jalisco drivers licenses without the correct CURP. - their old one was registered with CURP but showed up as invalid, the new one on their IMM card was off by one digit.

The ISSSTE office in Manzanillo would not help them until they went to immigration and got the IMM Curp number corrected. After the IMM office made the correction all was well with all systems?

AlanMexicali

Jan 24, 2013, 8:46 AM

Post #13 of 18 (12991 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jwp_007] CURP Card problem.

In Reply To
I have 2 friends who had this problem. They could not renew their Jalisco drivers licenses without the correct CURP. - their old one was registered with CURP but showed up as invalid, the new one on their IMM card was off by one digit.

The ISSSTE office in Manzanillo would not help them until they went to immigration and got the IMM Curp number corrected. After the IMM office made the correction all was well with all systems?

This is bad news. I was going out to get a drivers licence today. Both my CURPs showed up as valid at the municipal office on their system. Who knows how ISSSTE will deal with me here in my case. I might have to live with 2 CURPs. Thanks Alan

YucaLandia

Jan 24, 2013, 6:07 PM

Post #14 of 18 (12931 views)

Shortcut

Jaaaaajajajajaaaaaaaa.....

Just about the time we think we have figured out the vagaries y cosas caprichosas of Mexico, a new hedge hog pokes its head out of a fresh hole.

Dinsdaaaale....

-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

AlanMexicali

Jan 25, 2013, 6:00 AM

Post #15 of 18 (12885 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] CURP Card problem.

In Reply To
Jaaaaajajajajaaaaaaaa.....

Just about the time we think we have figured out the vagaries y cosas caprichosas of Mexico, a new hedge hog pokes its head out of a fresh hole.

[End quote]

Here is another kick in the teeth. LOL

I went to get my driverīs license and they tell me I have to take the written exam and the street test and make an appointment for that. OK, not bad to get a first time license. BUT the cost for the longest available license is $1,252.00 pesos for 4 years. OUCH! In California it is $19.00 US per 5 years mail in.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jan 25, 2013, 6:04 AM)

joaquinx

Jan 25, 2013, 7:26 AM

Post #16 of 18 (12854 views)

Shortcut

A few months ago, I went to get a driver's license. The instructions on the sign on the window for foreigners stated that I needed to show my passport, fm2, and electric bill. After I handed those items to the clerk, she requested my CURP card. I said that my CURP was on my fm2. No, she wanted the card. It was at home, but before I left, I noticed the vision test. There was a line on the floor next to where I was standing and from there you have to read what is shown on a computer screen about ten feet away. Apparently, my vision is fading so I couldn't read the screen. I decided to not only get my CURP card, but get a vision test and new glasses. After I got my new glasses, I took all the documents including the CURP card to the license station. They took all the documents and gave me a receipt to take to a bank and pay the fee. I was thinking that I could possibly pay the fee of 900 pesos and then fail the vision test. But no, after I returned to the station, I was sent to the document station beyond the eye test. No eye test. I then noticed that some were given the vision test while others were exempt. I appeared that those who wore glasses were exempt while those without glasses had to take the test. I guessed that those that wore glasses were assumed to care enough about their vision to get it corrected while those who did not wear them could be thought of as not caring about there vision and should be tested.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

AlanMexicali

Jan 25, 2013, 7:58 AM

Post #17 of 18 (12845 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] CURP Card problem.

In Reply To
A few months ago, I went to get a driver's license. The instructions on the sign on the window for foreigners stated that I needed to show my passport, fm2, and electric bill. After I handed those items to the clerk, she requested my CURP card. I said that my CURP was on my fm2. No, she wanted the card. It was at home, but before I left, I noticed the vision test. There was a line on the floor next to where I was standing and from there you have to read what is shown on a computer screen about ten feet away. Apparently, my vision is fading so I couldn't read the screen. I decided to not only get my CURP card, but get a vision test and new glasses. After I got my new glasses, I took all the documents including the CURP card to the license station. They took all the documents and gave me a receipt to take to a bank and pay the fee. I was thinking that I could possibly pay the fee of 900 pesos and then fail the vision test. But no, after I returned to the station, I was sent to the document station beyond the eye test. No eye test. I then noticed that some were given the vision test while others were exempt. I appeared that those who wore glasses were exempt while those without glasses had to take the test. I guessed that those that wore glasses were assumed to care enough about their vision to get it corrected while those who did not wear them could be thought of as not caring about there vision and should be tested.

When I went to get my INAPAM card this week she would only accept my old CURP card, not the printout with my new CURP that was on my INM visa. I had not printed it out yet to the card form and we were on the way to buy ETN bus tickets and I needed the card for the 50% discount, no time to printout the new CURP card and not interested in going back again.

I was with my ex wife getting her Mexican driverīs license sometime ago and she failed the written test and was to go for a driving test and the guy came over she knew and said forget about all this, just go to the window with this form and pay.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jan 25, 2013, 8:19 AM)

AlanMexicali

Dec 21, 2015, 6:43 AM

Post #18 of 18 (10609 views)

Shortcut

When I went to get my INAPAM card this week she would only accept my old CURP card, not the printout with my new CURP that was on my INM visa. I had not printed it out yet to the card form and we were on the way to buy ETN bus tickets and I needed the card for the 50% discount, no time to printout the new CURP card and not interested in going back again.

Update:

I went to get a San Luis Potosi drivers license. No tests just my Calif. license copy, CFE bill, CURP card and INM card and money. I had my CURP card alphanumeric number that the INM put on Temporal and then my Permanente card/visa. I then noticed the guy put my nationality as Mexican and my CURP number was wrong.

I was checking my CURP number on line and NOW my old original CURP number is my official CURP, not the INM CURP number on my card/visa. Underneath the card I printed out is a reference to the INM CURP number and above it: "CURPīs associadas por correcciones"

When I put in the INM CURP number the website went directly to my original CURP number and I can no longer see the INM CURP number on line except in the above mentioned notice. It seems they updated my information and now I do not have 2 active CURPs anymore. It also has my INM NUE number under "Documento Migratorio" which it didnīt have years ago

https://consultas.curp.gob.mx/CurpSP/

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Dec 21, 2015, 9:01 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4