Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Sunnyvmx

Jan 16, 2013, 3:23 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2896 views)

Shortcut

Need Moving Company

Can't Post | Private Reply
Please, I need recommendation for moving company to move my furniture, fridge, scooter and household belongings from Catemaco, Ver. to Chapala. I have contacted Strom-White, but they do not service my area. I do not have very much as I live in a small casita. Someone mentioned Winston Movers, but gave no contact information. Any information would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM also.

Axixic

Jan 16, 2013, 5:44 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2882 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sunnyvmx] Need Moving Company

I think the person meant Winston at Lake Chapala Moving.

http://www.lakechapalamoving.com/

suds

Jan 16, 2013, 8:00 AM

Post #3 of 10 (2863 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Please, I need recommendation for moving company to move my furniture, fridge, scooter and household belongings from Catemaco, Ver. to Chapala. I have contacted Strom-White, but they do not service my area. I do not have very much as I live in a small casita. Someone mentioned Winston Movers, but gave no contact information. Any information would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM also.

do you not know anyone where you are now with a big enough truck? the 2 moving companies here are very expensive with gringo prices.

(This post was edited by suds on Jan 16, 2013, 8:12 AM)

Axixic

Jan 16, 2013, 1:19 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2833 views)

Shortcut

Re: [suds] Need Moving Company

I had Winston move me twice and he charged less than his competition. Others have said the same about Winston but things change. If he can consolidate your move with someone else in your area, it is cheaper.

robt65

Jan 16, 2013, 5:45 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2807 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Need Moving Company

How big of a load and what did he charge you?

robt65

Axixic

Jan 17, 2013, 4:45 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2788 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] Need Moving Company

Mine wasn't one load. The first move included his people doing all the packing and the move itself took all day, two trips for $400 USD which was at that time the peso equivalent.

suds

Jan 17, 2013, 5:49 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2781 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Need Moving Company

In Reply To
Mine wasn't one load. The first move included his people doing all the packing and the move itself took all day, two trips for $400 USD which was at that time the peso equivalent.

how about some details to help the op. from where to where was this move and what kinds of things would be helpful to know.

bronco

Jan 17, 2013, 6:07 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2716 views)

Shortcut

seymi movers in guad. see the websight, speak w/the owner.

Sunnyvmx

Jan 18, 2013, 3:39 AM

Post #9 of 10 (2682 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] Need Moving Company

Thanks everyone. Putting the word out there brought about the solution and I'm very grateful. I will be moved into my new home in Chapala by the 1st of Feb. I'm looking forward to exploring a new beautiful area and making new friends. I never thought I would leave Catemaco and the friends I have there, but situations change and you have to go with the flow. The constant I have is this forum and it keeps me informed and offers help and solutions when needed. I couldn't have done it without you.

Axixic

Jan 18, 2013, 5:23 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2674 views)

Shortcut

Re: [suds] Need Moving Company

If the OP needs personal information, she can PM me. Otherwise if I had wanted to give that much information, I would have.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4