Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

rayitodeluna

Jan 12, 2013, 2:26 PM

Post #1 of 2 (4021 views)

Shortcut

La Nueva Viga - anyone love seafood?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I WISH this post was all about my own personal trip to the large seafood market here in Mexico City. Instead, its more about my plans to go there and how excited I am to experience a market that supposedly gets 25,000 shoppers a day. (Thats what wikipedia says anyway)

Has anyone been there? Care to share their experience? Have a specific vendor they like (they have numbered stands, is that correct?) ?

When I go I will be taking a pen and paper, would like to record here the (approx) price of fish for anyone wondering. For my own meal planning as well! I realize it varies by season (looking forward to prices supposedly dropping during Lent!!) , so prices wont be exact or even valid for the entire year.

Please join me in a discussion if you have been! My inlaws have NEVER been. And they have lived here for .... Well, since my MIL was a teenager. ;)

(Edited for iPad spelling errors. As always. )

~~~~~~ Enjoying life in northern D.F. with our family of Americans and chilangos.
Family and expat blog here : http://threecurlygirlys.blogspot.mx/ ~~~~~~

(This post was edited by rayitodeluna on Jan 12, 2013, 2:27 PM)

bournemouth

Jan 12, 2013, 3:15 PM

Post #2 of 2 (4012 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rayitodeluna] La Nueva Viga - anyone love seafood?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I think you'll find that prices rise in Lent - it's the high season for seafood.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4