Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

luvBCS

Jan 8, 2013, 6:24 AM

Post #1 of 7 (9272 views)

Shortcut

La Paz

Can't Post | Private Reply
New member & would like to hear from others who live in Baja area.

morgaine7

Jan 8, 2013, 7:52 AM

Post #2 of 7 (9261 views)

Shortcut

Re: [luvBCS] La Paz

I live in La Paz and will be glad to try to answer any questions you might have. Welcome to MexConnect!

Kate

luvBCS

Jan 8, 2013, 10:15 AM

Post #3 of 7 (9244 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] La Paz

Hi Kate,
Are you Canadian? how long living in La Paz? where?

My husband & I just returned & are planning return to a very charming casa we have rented in Fidepaz.

Sharon

In Reply To

morgaine7

Jan 8, 2013, 1:51 PM

Post #4 of 7 (9223 views)

Shortcut

Hi Sharon, I'm originally from the US but haven't lived there for more than 30 years. I've been in La Paz since 2007. My house is in El Esterito just north of downtown. Funny, I just had a medical appointment this morning at the Fidepaz hospital complex, probably very near your rental home.

Kate

mazatman

Jan 15, 2013, 5:46 AM

Post #5 of 7 (9072 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
New member & would like to hear from others who live in Baja area.

Have you tried http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lapazgringos/ ? They have plenty of posts daily about happenings in La Paz.

I am also moving to La Paz in April but have not found a home as yet. I was wondering how you found your new home and why you chose the Fidepaz area.

I have been to La Paz a few times but have never figured out the characteristics of the different areas, such as: Centenario, Palmira, El Esterio or Fidepaz. Anyone care to share their views on this? TIA

Rod.

(This post was edited by mazatman on Jan 15, 2013, 7:36 AM)

Mooneyranger62

Jan 27, 2013, 5:52 AM

Post #6 of 7 (8827 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] La Paz

Thinking of retiring somewhere and La Paz area looks beautiful. I wonder about property ownership restrictions and also about safety. I want to be close to the water maybe not "on" the water but within walking and maybe even have a nice view. We like fishing, snorkelling and boating.

morgaine7

Jan 27, 2013, 8:09 AM

Post #7 of 7 (8810 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mooneyranger62] La Paz

All of Baja California Sur is in the "restricted zone", meaning that foreigners must use a fideicomiso (real estate trust) to own residential property. Safety will depend on lifestyle and neighborhood, to a certain extent, but in general La Paz is comfortable for walking and driving around. As in any city, petty crime and break-ins occur, but violent crime against foreigners is rare. There are numerous possibilities near but not on the water, but keep in mind that not all parts of the bay are good for swimming. A good number of expats have "view properties" in new developments outside of town. You can explore the different residential areas by looking at real estate websites, but to get a true idea of what's available requires a personal visit.

Kate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4