Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

fordmexico

Jan 6, 2013, 10:47 AM

Post #1 of 4 (5273 views)

Shortcut

Got water? Hard to know in Mexico City.

Can't Post | Private Reply
An article written by Lauren Villagran for the the Christian Science Monitor's Latin American Monitor.

http://www.csmonitor.com/...-know-in-Mexico-City

Living in a detached home mitigates the problem for us as we have a cistern and tinaco that provides us with 2-3 weeks of water if we are careful. Normally, water is delivered to us 2-3 times per week. Our fracionamento has been without water for 3 weeks on occasion in the past. If you do need water, you can call the water company (OPDM) and they will deliver water by truck. Our drinking water is purchased from Bonafont.

(This post was edited by Rolly on Jan 6, 2013, 12:32 PM)

TigerTonio

Jan 7, 2013, 12:30 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5211 views)

Shortcut

Re: [fordmexico] Got water? Hard to know in Mexico City.

That's a bit frightening. We've been living here in The Big City for nearly 4 years and we've never had a problem with water. ::knocks on wood::

Gri-lango

Jan 15, 2013, 1:56 PM

Post #3 of 4 (5078 views)

Shortcut

I've been living in DF since 2000, never had an issue with lack of water (even during the major drought a few years ago). I've heard several people cite lack of water as a major problem living in DF and metro area, and cite similar experiences to the OP's linked article.

The city water has been reduced or cut off to our house several times, but our tinaco and cisterna has been more than enough to hold over (even to water our veggie garden regularly).

I can only conclude, it really depends on the colonia. And, I must be in one of the colonias that rarely gets affected.

I'm not looking to argue whether article is valid or not, just stating my experience.

fordmexico

Jan 21, 2013, 8:18 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4958 views)

Shortcut

Good news for Mexico City residents. Click on the link to read an article from the Los Angeles Times written by Richard Fausset about the discovery of a very deep aquifer that may help alleviate the city's thirst for more potable water sources.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-mexico-water-20130122,0,994648.story

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4