Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

maz999

Dec 31, 2012, 9:05 AM

Post #1 of 41 (5720 views)

Shortcut

new visas

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'd like to know if there is anyone who has actually received a new residente temporal or permanente. If yes, how many days after the payment and fingerprinting day did they have the actual visa in their hand?

karenanron

Dec 31, 2012, 7:14 PM

Post #2 of 41 (5604 views)

Shortcut

Re: [maz999] new visas

My paperwork was turned in on Nov 1 at Playa del Carman and I haven't heard a word. I'm working through a Immigration lawyer.

johanson

Dec 31, 2012, 8:05 PM

Post #3 of 41 (5594 views)

Shortcut

Re: [karenanron] new visas

My paperwork was turned into the Chapala, Jalisco Immigration office on Dec 6th requesting a change from what at one time was called an FM-3 to a permanente status. Of course, I have not received my permanente papers, but wishing to return to WA State and to Vancouver Island, I did receive a letter from the Chapala office about 7 days later stating that things were in process and giving me permission to leave MX for up to 60 days.

I've been up north now for 5 days freezing to death. Hey I love visiting up north, but not at this time of the year. I will be back in about 2 weeks and will immediately post when my paperwork is ready to be picked up.

Rolly

Dec 31, 2012, 9:07 PM

Post #4 of 41 (5579 views)

Shortcut

My paperwork was turned in on Nov 1 at Playa del Carman and I haven't heard a word. I'm working through a Immigration lawyer.

You have a lawyer problem. not an INM problem.

Rolly Pirate

John Shrall

Jan 1, 2013, 7:12 AM

Post #5 of 41 (5521 views)

Shortcut

I turning in my permanente application on 11/16, the first week after the new rules went into effect. It was accepted and I went to Guadalajara on 12/18 for the fingerprint process. That was the last day INM was open prior to the Christmas break.

One clerk in the office thought the cards would be ready by about January 15th while another said 2 months which would push it to mid-February.

Chances are neither of them really knew anything and the cards will be ready when they're ready. I just hope it's true that INM will update the tramite information on the web site when the card is ready. There has been no update on that page since the notice to appear showed up.

The offices re-open Thursday so perhaps in the next week or 2 someone will post that they've received a permanente card.

karenanron

Jan 1, 2013, 4:11 PM

Post #6 of 41 (5416 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] new visas

In Reply To

You have a lawyer problem. not an INM problem.

Maybe Rolly, but the lawyer I have was recommended to me by a couple of neighbors here, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be mistake in the paperwork somewhere. Also, a lady down the street form me said it's been 6 months for hers and still nothing. Maybe it's just a QRoo thing. She applied in Cancun. I plan to go in to INM and see if I can find anything out. Maybe with the holidays things are backed up. I could be stuck in a worse place.

(This post was edited by karenanron on Jan 1, 2013, 6:20 PM)

sfmacaws

Jan 2, 2013, 9:38 AM

Post #7 of 41 (5290 views)

Shortcut

Cancan is infamous, Rolly, for lousy service and long delays, I'm not familiar with the newer office in Playa but it is probably run the same way.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

jwp_007

Jan 5, 2013, 1:43 PM

Post #8 of 41 (4985 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sfmacaws] new visas

Two of my neighbors received their plastic cards on Friday Jan. 4th. One is permanent resident, the other temporary (3 years).
They started the process in Manzanillo the 1st week in December.

johanson

Jan 5, 2013, 3:39 PM

Post #9 of 41 (4954 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jwp_007] new visas

Great. I never wolld have guessed one would see the paperwork that soon.

sparks

Jan 5, 2013, 4:21 PM

Post #10 of 41 (4933 views)

Shortcut

Were they checking the website to see if they were ready.
According to "lovingmexico" they would be ready on the 15th so I was going to head to Manzanillo this coming week to avoid the rush

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

maz999

Jan 6, 2013, 1:03 PM

Post #11 of 41 (4791 views)

Shortcut

It's good news to hear there are folks that have actually received their new visas. Hopefully they'll start to show up in other places besides Manzanillo!

Microvolt

Jan 8, 2013, 10:28 AM

Post #12 of 41 (4584 views)

Shortcut

Update from San Luis Potosi: I have had a lucrative (working) FM3 with number 4 (prorroga) on the back that was up for renewal on Nov 13. I submitted a request for Residente Permanente on Nov 12. It was approved on Nov. 15, which they told me when I called a few days later; however I didn't go to finish the final step of signing/fingerprints until Nov 28. I checked a few times in Dec. but the card still hadn't arrived as of December 19., so I waited until yesterday (Jan 7) to send an email asking about my status to the unit area coordinator; this morning I got this email answer:

Buenos Días
Solo para infórmale que su documento migratorio ya se encuentra físicamente con nosotros puede pasar a recogerla de lunes a viernes en el horario de 09:00 a 01:00.
Sin mas por el momento reciba un cordial saludo.

They asked me for no financials during the process, just a letter confirming that my work still corresponds to the definition in my visa, as well as the basic forms: a letter requesting the change, first page of passport, formato basico, last year’s taxes (because I'm lucrativa), photos.

YucaLandia

Jan 9, 2013, 6:03 AM

Post #13 of 41 (4414 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Microvolt] new visas

HOORAY !

This is good news about "no financial documents" and no nasty onerous fiscal solvency (no income/pension/saving) requirements being meted-out - especially for a former "working FM3" permit holder .

Hopefully, this good news will allay some of the oft-expressed fears and worries of a few Mexconnect posters, especially addressing the occasional fear-mongering posts that luridly described how the Mexican government must somehow want to force out US expats, supposedly turning Ajijic/Axixic, Lake Chapala, and San Miguel Allende communities into future ghost towns.

Score: 1 very good point for expats v. 0 for imagined versions of expats being unnecessarily forced out of Mexico.

Hoping for yet more good reports from across Mexico, as the INM's new processes start churning out the new "Tarjetas de Residencia",

steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Jan 9, 2013, 6:07 AM)

Axixic

Jan 9, 2013, 6:51 AM

Post #14 of 41 (4383 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] new visas

Chapala INM office is still asking for financials. Chest beating might be premature.

YucaLandia

Jan 9, 2013, 7:42 AM

Post #15 of 41 (4353 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] new visas

In Reply To
Chapala INM office is still asking for financials. Chest beating might be premature.

No "chest beating."
Just recognition of one factual official data point, and hope that we hear even more positive news from other parts of Mexico - benefiting expats who want to visit and live in Mexico. Is it " chest beating " to want things to work out well for people?

Is Chapala INM requiring financials from each and every applicant? and from all kinds of applicants?

How many Ajijic/Axixic and Lake Chapala expats have been denied Residency, and kicked-out of Mexico (as you predicted), based on not being able to prove fiscal solvency to your INM office ?

Facts and actual numbers are more useful to most of us, than rumor, misinformation, incomplete information, or personal opinions.
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Jan 9, 2013, 7:59 AM)

AlanMexicali

Jan 9, 2013, 8:01 AM

Post #16 of 41 (4332 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] new visas

In Reply To

In Reply To

No "chest beating."
Just recognition of one factual official data point, and hope that we hear even more positive news from other parts of Mexico - benefiting expats who want to visit and live in Mexico. I actually want things to work out for people.

Is Chapala INM requiring financials from each and every applicant? and from all kinds of applicants?

How many Ajijic/Axixic and Lake Chapala expats have been denied Residency, and kicked-out of Mexico (as you predicted), based on not being able to prove fiscal solvency to your INM office ?

Facts and actual numbers are more useful to most of us, than rumor, misinformation, incomplete information, or personal opinions.
steve

Spenser from the Chapala area just reported expats with a 3 or 4 on the back of either their FM2 or FM3 are not at this time being asked for financials to tramites to Residente Permanente. Alan

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jan 9, 2013, 8:11 AM)

Lovingmexico

Jan 9, 2013, 8:21 AM

Post #17 of 41 (4312 views)

Shortcut

SMA has now some of them. I will check today to see if my PR visa is at INM.

johanson

Jan 9, 2013, 12:00 PM

Post #18 of 41 (4263 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Lovingmexico] new visas

I just know that the Chapala office wanted my financials because my NO IMMIGRANTE (old FM 3) had a #2 on it. I simply went to Permanente because apparently I wont have anymore paperwork and it was about time to buy a newer (but Mexican plated) car. But now it seems I may not need to

I'm up North for another couple of weeks. I guess I will learn several weeks from now what I will need to do.

At least all the posts about immigration these days seem much better than they did last year. We were all so nervous then.

La Isla

Jan 9, 2013, 12:08 PM

Post #19 of 41 (4257 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] new visas

In Reply To

... At least all the posts about immigration these days seem much better than they did last year. We were all so nervous then.

Indeed. Even I have calmed down in the last few weeks!

mazbook1

Jan 9, 2013, 5:30 PM

Post #20 of 41 (4176 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] new visas

Same for the Mazatlán office. Here, right back at the first, they were asking for financials, but have now stopped asking, so I would ASSUME that some sort of clarification from DF was received.

Phil in SLP

Jan 9, 2013, 6:26 PM

Post #21 of 41 (4159 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] new visas

Greetings from Austin, where in the next few days I will by trying to sell my lovely 2010 Toyota Avalon Limited with 32k miles on it, which I was told by my facilitator to take out of Mexico because there would be no renewal of car permit, which would have expired tomorrow. This will cost me thousands of dollars. Now for the good news: when I fly back to SLP on Jan 15th my visa de Residente Permanente will be waiting for me. I will try not to puke before I leave the Migracion bldg. GRINGO, CASI MEXICANO, SACA TU COCHE DEL PAÏS!

chinagringo

Jan 9, 2013, 6:51 PM

Post #22 of 41 (4143 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Phil in SLP] new visas

So why would you have believed anything up until this point?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Phil in SLP

Jan 9, 2013, 7:04 PM

Post #23 of 41 (4132 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] new visas

I don't understand the question, but I was allowed to enter Mexico in my 2010 Toyota in early September. No problem. I had at that time a visa Inmigrante Rentista, which was to expire on January 10, 2013. Aduana in SLP encouraged me to apply for a visa Inmigrante Rentista since I am married to a Mexican for 50 years. No mention of cars since the rules were still unannounced and unclear and advice was not their job. My facilitator had recently taken an expat to Aduana in Queretaro with his newer US plated car. He was refused an extension. She told me definitely that this would be the case with my car and to hit the road as soon as possible. Here I am in Austin. All this gurgling and gooing about the efficiency of the Migracion and Aduana and their seamless cooperation seems quite foreign to me. When I return I will buy a Mexican-plated car so I can get some sleep at night.

sioux4noff

Jan 9, 2013, 9:38 PM

Post #24 of 41 (4095 views)

Shortcut

Phil, it will be easier that way. no one ever promised us that we could have everything.

YucaLandia

Jan 9, 2013, 10:13 PM

Post #25 of 41 (4090 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
I don't understand the question, but I was allowed to enter Mexico in my 2010 Toyota in early September. No problem. I had at that time a visa Inmigrante Rentista, which was to expire on January 10, 2013. Aduana in SLP encouraged me to apply for a visa Inmigrante Rentista since I am married to a Mexican for 50 years. No mention of cars since the rules were still unannounced and unclear and advice was not their job. My facilitator had recently taken an expat to Aduana in Queretaro with his newer US plated car. He was refused an extension. She told me definitely that this would be the case with my car and to hit the road as soon as possible. Here I am in Austin. All this gurgling and gooing about the efficiency of the Migracion and Aduana and their seamless cooperation seems quite foreign to me. When I return I will buy a Mexican-plated car so I can get some sleep at night.

These statements don't quite make sense to me. I am reading that you had and have an Inmigrante Rentista permit until January 10, 2013, and you recently went to Aduana to ask what visa to apply for when your current INM permit expires in 2013, and they told you to ask for an INM permit type that no longer exists, and we have known since October that it would not exist in 2013 ?

Since INM is only just this week issuing the new Residente Temporal and Residente Permanente cards, how could your facilitator take an expat into Queretaro's Aduana office where they supposedly refused to extend the TIP because the expat had one of the new INM permits, like a Residente Permanente - when there have been no final approvals till just now ? How could Aduana reject someone for a TIP extension, when you must give Aduana proof of the new INM expiration date, and those cards are just now being issued?

Since the new INM category cards have only been out for 2 days (???), these narratives just don't make sense to me, but it is after midnight, and I did inhale a lot of welding and paint fumes earlier today.

Also, since even the Aduana regional Directors are saying that Aduana policies are not finalized, does it make sense that Aduana counter agents are rejecting TIP extensions for expats with the new Residente Permanente permit. I must have some things confused.
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4