Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

EricWoods

Dec 3, 2012, 7:44 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2202 views)

Shortcut

Customs Personal Property On Short Vacation

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hey Everyone Always needing help,

We are Flying in on Dec 21st For 10 Days Vacation, My concern is i have been told dont know how true it is that you are Limited to $300USD of Personal Items at Customs Supported by Purchase Receipt's, We are each going to have a Laptop Computer value $300usd + i will have a Cellphone & a Navigation GPS Value $150 usd that i Bought for the trip, we will also have a few Small Value items like an Electrical Power/Surge Protector for Hotel Room Use & Various Chargers,

1- Does Anybody Know if Maybe This Applies To Brand New Boxed Items or Does it Generally Apply to Old & New Alike,

2- All of My Items Are Used Showing Sign Of Fair Wear (With The Exception Of The GPS Unit) If Necessary i Can Add a Few Scratches & Grubby Marks on it to do Away With the New Shine and of Course i will not Have It in any of the Manufacturer Packaging

I am Hoping that someone can Clarify On the Ruling as i would not want to get any of these items Confiscated at the Airport by Custom's Officals

Thanks A Bunch

Eric

Rolly

Dec 3, 2012, 8:10 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2199 views)

Shortcut

Re: [EricWoods] Customs Personal Property On Short Vacation

Most, perhaps all, of the items are duty free and do not count against the $300.
Read details here: http://rollybrook.com/dutyfree.htm

Rolly Pirate

EricWoods

Dec 4, 2012, 7:17 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2138 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Customs Personal Property On Short Vacation

Thanks Rolly
Youre the man. "A Wealth of Knowledge", i can see you dedicate a lot of time helping others
Thanks Again
Eric

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4