Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Elizabeth63

Dec 2, 2012, 10:47 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1917 views)

Shortcut

Seeking recommendations for Spanish teacher in Ajijic, for private lessons

Can't Post | Private Reply
Looking for a good Spanish teacher for private lessons. I'm in the La Floresta area. I will do better with one-on-one. Thanks.

tashby

Dec 2, 2012, 3:28 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1891 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Elizabeth63] Seeking recommendations for Spanish teacher in Ajijic, for private lessons

Can't Post | Private Reply
Do you have a car?

Noemi Lafitte lives in La Cristina (a couple miles west of Ajijic) and she offers private lessons. I'm almost certain I spelled her name wrong, and I don't have her phone # handy, but could dig it up. She's originally from El Salvador, but lived in Chicago for some years, and is fluent in both languages. She's a very good teacher, and is also aware of the differences between "Mexican" Spanish, and her native version. She almost always has her information posted on the LCS bulletin board if you're a member there. If you can't find her info, I can get it for you.

Another person who is often recommended, but with whom I have no experience, is a teacher named "Lena" or "Lina". She has classes in her home in Ajijic, I think over near the Seis Esquinas neighborhood (not sure, but I maybe on Ocampo.)

Lastly, if you're willing to consider non-private lessons, I enthusiastically recommend the school Olé México. It is run by two brothers, Gabriel and Alex, who are from Guadalajara. I believe they've also added a third teacher, but I can't think of her name at the moment. They are extremely talented, creative and resourceful teachers. They keep classes very small, anywhere from 2 to 4 people, I think. They are located on Calle Revolucion #6, essentially just opposite from the supermercado El Torito, up the street a few houses on the right. They offer the first class free to see if you like their approach. Phone number is 766 2068, best time to call is Monday-Friday between 3p - 4p. Also, their email: info@institutoolemexico.com

Good luck.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4