Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Shamrock

Nov 30, 2012, 10:14 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6264 views)

Shortcut

foreigners in Cuyutlán?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Is there an American or Canadian community living in Cuyutlán, Colima?
Ready for life!

disabled? or with any illness? I offer live in companion, live in caretaker. Preferably in oceanfront location. Thinking about relocate in México? I can help! I am Mexican so I know the culture and the language.

halfmexi

Dec 1, 2012, 9:05 AM

Post #2 of 3 (6204 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Shamrock] foreigners in Cuyutlán?

No Expat communities in Colima, the 300 or so foreigners living here just blend in with our Mexican neighbors. If you want your communities then Jalisco is the best place close by for you to live. Colima is like a different country and caters more to Mexicans than to foreigners.

VOTE MAYAN ...For A New Tomorrow!

HarryinNM

Dec 3, 2012, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6114 views)

Shortcut

Re: [halfmexi] foreigners in Cuyutlán?

Ex-pat community in Cuyutlan?

Well, I'd not call it a "community" as a gated or isolated situation. However, there are a good number of Canadians and Americans who live full time and part time in Cuyutlan. A Thanksgiving gathering had 40+ gringos. And, the greatest number of part time residents seem to show up during December.

There is a Friday evening get-together (Gringo Night) held at Dago's on the Malecon during the months that the population is largest.

This is our 2nd Winter in Cuyutlan (arrived early Nov) and we know several people who have been coming here for 15 or more years.

PM us if you'd like.

Harry

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4