First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

YucaLandia

Nov 30, 2012, 9:33 AM

Post #76 of 123 (9170 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dstan] Q and A about the new INM rules

Can't Post | Private Reply
Rolly's right.

If you have a foto-copy of your lost ID, then the process goes much more smoothly. Since your ID was stolen, many/most INM offices require official copies of the police reports from the jurisdiction where it was stolen. The police documentation should clearly identify, where, when, how, and your name, etc...

INM officials explain that they are troubled by ID fraud and ID selling by expats. For these reasons, INM can be surprisingly sticky about lost or stolen INM IDs, especially when lost outside of Mexico.

As a result: Many INM offices also require the person who lost the ID to also go to their State's Fiscalia Publica offices, to get an approved confirmation form certifying you are who you are. This means added trips, waiting in lines, more copies of your IDs, etc.

Our INM fees here in Yucatan for lost IDs were either $0 or about $300 pesos last year depending on the person.

RE renewing your permit: You would typically get a replacement FM3 for the lost ID now, and then do a renovación to a Residente Temporal , when your current FM3 permit expires.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here's one person's first hand report of the specifics:
1. Completed the application on the INM website, the same as a new or renewal application, print and take to the Progreso office. there is a checkbox for "stolen" as the reason for re-applying.

2. Brought a comprabante (CFE bill), original and a copy of passport and a copy of the FM3, as well as a copy of the letter written to INM at the time of the last renewal, and the police report for my stolen wallet into our local Progreso INM office.

3. Progreso INM made an appointment for me in the Merida INM office for me to testify why I requested another card. The police report helped with this. Gave me stern warning about 8-10 years in jail if anything I told them was not true. INM Merida then sent me to the Fiscalia Publica to get my passport checked and identity verified.

4. Went to the State Fiscalia Publica office and got my identification officially certified, to prove that my IDs fit me.

5. Went back to the Progreso office the same day and they gave me an appointment for a week later. I was to bring fresh infantile sized ID photos.

6. Went back for that appointment, answered more questions (height, weight, # of kids, where I worked before I came to Mx, my Mx annual income, etc.)

7. Signed a few documents and they glued my photos to the card and laminated it. This last appointment took 20 minutes.

There was no charge, and my new FM3 expires on the original date.

Total time for all - 2 weeks.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All the best,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Nov 30, 2012, 9:48 AM)

careyeroslib

Nov 30, 2012, 10:56 AM

Post #77 of 123 (9144 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Q and A about the new INM rules

What Mazbook reported above would seem to be consistent with what Soulpatch reported was on his recently acquired TIP (just after that he obtained Residente Permanene). To synopsize, Soulpatch´s translation (don´t know the Spanish) really suggested that if the driver met, essentially, rentista criteria, they were good to go with their foreign-plated car even if they were Residente Permanente.

Vamos a ver. But, if that is the case, I´ll be a happy camper.

I agree with all the puzzlement regarding this. Residente Permanente is Residente Permanente. How do they tell the difference? Surely Residente Permanente won´t say "rentista" (or other).

Maybe they don´t care, as long as people don´t try to sell their cars. That is a possibility I think. We shall see.

kmetzger

Dec 1, 2012, 5:54 AM

Post #78 of 123 (8992 views)

Shortcut

Q and A about the new INM rules

What do you make of the underlined statement from the Guadalajara Reporter article?

RESIDENTE TEMPORAL
Temporary Resident is the status of choice for people who want to remain in Mexico for up to four years, with permission to travel in and out of the country as often as they like.
He also points out that higher income requirements now in effect are only taken into consideration in reviewing cases of individuals whose status is irregular, such as those whose documents have expired within the previous 60 days.
http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/...-your-lifestyle.html

DavidHF

Dec 1, 2012, 9:05 AM

Post #79 of 123 (8942 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BajaBarry] Q and A about the new INM rules

There no longer any limits.

bronco

Dec 1, 2012, 10:37 AM

Post #80 of 123 (8916 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Q and A about the new INM rules

th be clear: can someone go from program #4 (FM# card) to permanent resident WITHOUT financials? that seems unlikely.

mazbook1

Dec 1, 2012, 10:41 AM

Post #81 of 123 (8914 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] Q and A about the new INM rules

That is exactly what the INM representatives said and reiterated several times! ALL holders of current FM cards are grandfathered in without checking financials, UNLESS there seems to be some irregularity.

no trump

Dec 1, 2012, 12:32 PM

Post #82 of 123 (8882 views)

Shortcut

Q and A about the new INM rules

With all the forms going to the dark side of the moon, Mexico City, for review it will be interesting to see if any of what the local offices said and did are indeed true. Has anyone gotten their cards back thus far?

bronco

Dec 2, 2012, 6:10 PM

Post #83 of 123 (8713 views)

Shortcut

Re: [no trump] Q and A about the new INM rules

about getting the cards back: as of last week, the immigration lawyer said they are holding them untill after the new year. (for the people who are now subjected to the new rules). now, if anyone has updated news, it would be appreciated.

Rolly

Dec 2, 2012, 6:31 PM

Post #84 of 123 (8703 views)

Shortcut

INM will be on a 3+ week Christmas holiday beginning next mid-week, so they can't be issuing anything until after 7 Jan.

Rolly Pirate

Yacatecuhtli

Dec 2, 2012, 7:00 PM

Post #85 of 123 (8689 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Q and A about the new INM rules

RE : INM will be on a 3+ week Christmas holiday beginning next mid-week, so they can't be issuing anything until after 7 Jan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have they published the holiday schedule or vacation days?

! Al pan, pan y al vino, vino !

Rolly

Dec 2, 2012, 8:44 PM

Post #86 of 123 (8658 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Yacatecuhtli] Q and A about the new INM rules

I have not seen this year's schedule.
You caught me extrapolating from past years.

Rolly Pirate

bronco

Dec 2, 2012, 9:01 PM

Post #87 of 123 (8653 views)

Shortcut

in years past, i submitted renewal around beginning of dec. some of the time i received my book (or the card) 10 or 12 days later. (before the vacation). now i hear that ALL cards will be held up no matter what. even if you submitted 3rd week of nov. thats bothersome, as we cant get feedback. the bottom line is what happends in mexico city, not what you are told in your home office.

Yacatecuhtli

Dec 3, 2012, 6:55 AM

Post #88 of 123 (8608 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Q and A about the new INM rules

RE: You caught me extrapolating from past years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OH OK, Personally I think INM closure will be closer to the SEP calender that has Dec 20th - Jan 6th off.

But I guess we will have to wait and see to be sure

! Al pan, pan y al vino, vino !

Judy Parker

Dec 3, 2012, 12:29 PM

Post #89 of 123 (8527 views)

Shortcut

Went today to INM since the internet status of my application told me to "presentarse en una oficina INM". I signed two forms and put fingerprints (of all ten fingers) on one form. They attached my photo and told me now it would be sent to Mexico City and would take about 2 weeks for my card to be returned. Of course I asked if it would be before or after the holidays and they said most likely after.
So the new system is taking an additional trip to INM and about a month (mas or menos) to get your card. This was for a 3 year Residente Temporal card which was applied for on Nov. 15.

bronco

Dec 3, 2012, 1:25 PM

Post #90 of 123 (8507 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy Parker] Q and A about the new INM rules

judy: did you show financials?

Judy Parker

Dec 3, 2012, 2:03 PM

Post #91 of 123 (8493 views)

Shortcut

No. You can see my response about my experience when I went in Nov. in the "Recent experiences" thread.

YucaLandia

Dec 3, 2012, 2:04 PM

Post #92 of 123 (8492 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
RE: You caught me extrapolating from past years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OH OK, Personally I think INM closure will be closer to the SEP calender that has Dec 20th - Jan 6th off.

But I guess we will have to wait and see to be sure

I spoke with our Merida INM personnel today, and they said they heard that they will close sometime between Dec. 15 and Dec. 20.

"We are waiting to hear from DF when the official holiday closing period starts." was the watchword of the day.

-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

morgaine7

Dec 4, 2012, 5:20 PM

Post #93 of 123 (8380 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy Parker] Q and A about the new INM rules

Went today to INM since the internet status of my application told me to "presentarse en una oficina INM". I signed two forms and put fingerprints (of all ten fingers) on one form. They attached my photo and told me now it would be sent to Mexico City and would take about 2 weeks for my card to be returned. Of course I asked if it would be before or after the holidays and they said most likely after.
So the new system is taking an additional trip to INM and about a month (mas or menos) to get your card. This was for a 3 year Residente Temporal card which was applied for on Nov. 15.

My friend and I got pretty much the same info from the La Paz office today. She applied for Temporal on Nov. 13 with three years on FM2/Inmigrante. Her file is still in D.F., though they expect it back any time. She'll then have to give fingerprints, sign, etc., then it goes back to D.F. to have the card made.

Apparently the new cards aren't just laminated paper like before. The agent said they're like our new BCS driver's licenses, which would mean they're credit card thickness with all the data and images applied in a more integral, sophisticated way. No idea what the technology is called.

Kate

bronco

Dec 4, 2012, 10:02 PM

Post #94 of 123 (8341 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Q and A about the new INM rules

apparently chapala/guad has another set of rules. if your old FM3 is about to expire, you must show financials to qualify for permanent. one lawyer said, "let it expire & we will start again". "not necessary to go to USA, & a minimum of financials". too bad different states have another interpretation of a federal law .

DavidHF

Dec 5, 2012, 4:35 AM

Post #95 of 123 (8329 views)

Shortcut

It's well documented that you don't need to show financials if your card is current. If it's expired you must return to your home country to apply.

bronco

Dec 5, 2012, 6:48 AM

Post #96 of 123 (8301 views)

Shortcut

david, there are lawyers here who think they can get around the rules, & apply here. they may have good intentions, but the client loses the registration fee or 1/2 of the whole lawyers fee if they are rejected. since they are not issuing cards untill after the holidays, OR 6 weeks- we cannot see results. all of this is very mixed up, & can be risky &a waste of time & $. i understand why people will choose to be illegal.

Axixic

Dec 5, 2012, 7:16 AM

Post #97 of 123 (8288 views)

Shortcut

Apparently Chapala INM isn't being kept in the loop of not requiring financials and letting people go permanente after 4 years on FM2/3.

bronco

Dec 5, 2012, 12:58 PM

Post #98 of 123 (8215 views)

Shortcut

david john (lovingmexico) garveys wife sonia is a facillator. i dont know if this was posted here or the mazinfo group. it says on the second paragraph from the bottom, one can apply for premanent BY SUBMITTING BANK DOCS etc etc. now i am completely confused.

Axixic

Dec 5, 2012, 1:19 PM

Post #99 of 123 (8207 views)

Shortcut

Anytime, that means from day one, if someone wants a permanente and he has never filed for an FM2/3, if he has the financials he can get a permanente.

If a person is applying at a consulate in his home country and he produces the correct financials, he can get a permanente.

What they are supposed to be doing in Mexico is allow people who have had an FM2/3 for 4 years to go to a permanente without the financials.

bronco

Dec 5, 2012, 1:22 PM

Post #100 of 123 (8206 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Q and A about the new INM rules

axixic please go over "lovingmexico" 's post. yes in paragraph 3 it says no financials. but @ tehend it says must SUBMIT BANK DOCS. conflict & unclear. i PMed him, & will email as well.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4