Forums  > Specific Focus > Mexican Kitchen
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

esperanza

Dec 21, 2012, 2:14 PM

Post #26 of 36 (26288 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sfmacaws] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

Can't Post | Private Reply
We just spent a week in Florida, attending a wedding and having a good time with friends and family. Almost every morning I had FAGE Greek yogurt for breakfast. No comparison with home-made so-called Greek yogurt: FAGE is hands-down the best yogurt I ever tasted. Pray that your supermarket starts to carry it.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

sfmacaws

Dec 22, 2012, 9:53 AM

Post #27 of 36 (26270 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

I've never seen that brand here, sigh. It's been so long since I've been in the US that I'd probably have an attack of culture shock if I returned. Miami is very close though, everyone here shops in Miami. It's close, convenient and you don't have to use English. :)

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

yucatandreamer

Dec 22, 2012, 1:29 PM

Post #28 of 36 (26252 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sfmacaws] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

Jonna, It was here in Costco, they were even demo-ing it. It was about three months ago and I bought a tub and was so excited. It has never been seen again!
Charlotte

sfmacaws

Dec 22, 2012, 10:24 PM

Post #29 of 36 (26239 views)

Shortcut

Re: [yucatandreamer] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

Typical! I just braved the xmas crowds at costco a couple days ago. I'll look for it whenever I'm there again and put it on my 'if you ever see this' list. I expect the greek yogurt at Mega could disappear too. I looked for it at Superama today and they don't have it or any other greek yogurt. How can the yogurt aisles be so huge and yet there is so little that I want? My favorite flavored yogurt, Lala Coco, disappeared a couple years ago and has never returned. It's the only one I thought was worth all the sugar and stuff.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

rayitodeluna

Dec 27, 2012, 7:38 AM

Post #30 of 36 (26191 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
We just spent a week in Florida, attending a wedding and having a good time with friends and family. Almost every morning I had FAGE Greek yogurt for breakfast. No comparison with home-made so-called Greek yogurt: FAGE is hands-down the best yogurt I ever tasted. Pray that your supermarket starts to carry it.

FAGE is yummy, fortunately for me our closest Costco carries it!

~~~~~~ Enjoying life in northern D.F. with our family of Americans and chilangos.
Family and expat blog here : http://threecurlygirlys.blogspot.mx/ ~~~~~~

esperanza

Dec 28, 2012, 4:51 PM

Post #31 of 36 (26161 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rayitodeluna] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

In Reply To

In Reply To

FAGE is yummy, fortunately for me our closest Costco carries it!

We were at Costco Polanco today. No FAGE. They never heard of it. Weird.

sioux4noff

Jan 2, 2013, 1:37 PM

Post #32 of 36 (26110 views)

Shortcut

I'm in Texas right now and because of this thread, I bought some FAGE yogurt. Now I can only hope the Puerto Vallarta Costco has it. It is really good.

mazbook1

Jan 2, 2013, 5:42 PM

Post #33 of 36 (26099 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sioux4noff] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

One solution would be to bring some fresh yogurt of your choice down with you (I've even flown with it double bagged in freezer quality zip-loc bags-24 to 48 hours of non-refrigeration won't affect fermented milk products except in the hottest summer months), then use the procedure I posted early in this thread for making your own. It WILL come out the same, at least until your starter has picked up too many local wild yeasts and lacto-bacteria.

If DIY doesn't appeal, there's usually one or more (assuming you live in an urban area) health food stores that make their own yogurt and would probably be happy to use your starter to make a batch for you.

sioux4noff

Jan 2, 2013, 6:41 PM

Post #34 of 36 (26091 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

Thanks for the suggestions, but I didn't like it THAT much! It was certainly the best natural yogurt I've had, but I could live many years happily if yogurt suddenly vanished from the earth.

milaya

Apr 8, 2014, 8:35 AM

Post #35 of 36 (22467 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rayitodeluna] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

Hello, I would like to buy Alpura Natural yogurt in NYC and can not find it. Maybe someone will be able to help me?

esperanza

Apr 9, 2014, 7:45 AM

Post #36 of 36 (22404 views)

Shortcut

Re: [milaya] Yogurt and Jocoque natural

Milaya, Alpura natural yoghurt (as far as I know) is sold only in Mexico--and it's hard to find here.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4