Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Rolly

Nov 14, 2012, 5:44 PM

Post #1 of 123 (18529 views)

Shortcut

Q and A about the new INM rules

Can't Post | Private Reply
We have five or six threads dealing with the new INM rules.
It will be much more useful to consolidate our question and answers here.

Rolly Pirate

mazbook1

Nov 14, 2012, 6:42 PM

Post #2 of 123 (18484 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Q and A about the new INM rules

Rolly, Is there any news from Aduana yet about renewal of the TIP for a foreign plated car, especially for those folks changing from FM3/FM2 rentista to Residente Permanente? Quite a lot of our snowbirds and expats here in Mazatlán keep a TIP stickered car in México and travel back and forth by air or bus, so this is of critical importance to them.

(This post was edited by mazbook1 on Nov 14, 2012, 8:19 PM)

frito

Nov 14, 2012, 7:22 PM

Post #3 of 123 (18466 views)

Shortcut

Hi Rolly, there was a 6 month visa of some sort that had monthly income requirements. Can't find the info on it in the threads, can you clarify what it's about? Will it allow you to renew without making border runs? As I recall I believe the monthly income requirement was around $960. Thanks.

Rolly

Nov 14, 2012, 8:01 PM

Post #4 of 123 (18453 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] Q and A about the new INM rules

I am perusing that question with Banjercito. I hope to have an answer Thursday or Friday.

Frito, I do not know the answer to your question.

Rolly Pirate

YucaLandia

Nov 15, 2012, 6:07 AM

Post #5 of 123 (18405 views)

Shortcut

Re: [frito] Q and A about the new INM rules

Frito,
Here are the sections of the Lineamientos describing 6 month salary requirements associated with Visitante status:

Artículo 41.
Ficha del trámite para cambio de condición de estancia en la modalidad, cambio de visitante por razones humanitarias a residente temporal

Requisitos:
Solvencia económica:
Original y copia de comprobante de inversiones o cuentas bancarias con saldo promedio mensual equivalente a veinte mil días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal durante los últimos doce meses; o

ii. Original y copia de los documentos que demuestren que cuenta con empleo o pensión con ingresos mensuales libres de gravámenes equivalentes a cuatrocientos días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal, durante los últimos seis meses. and

Artículo 52. Ficha del trámite para la regularización de situación migratoria en la modalidad regularización por tener documento vencido o realizar actividades no autorizadas.
Requisitos:
Solvencia económica:

i. Original y copia de comprobante de inversiones o cuentas bancarias con saldo promedio mensual equivalente a veinte mil días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal durante los últimos doce meses y en el caso del visitante sin permiso para realizar actividades remuneradas el saldo promedio mensual deberá ser equivalente a quinientos días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal durante los últimos seis meses; o bien
ii. Original y copia de los documentos que demuestren que cuenta con empleo o pensión con ingresos mensuales libres de gravámenes equivalentes a cuatrocientos días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal y en el caso del visitante sin permiso para realizar actividades remuneradas los ingresos mensuales libres de gravámenes deberán ser equivalentes a ciento cincuenta días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal, ambos durante los últimos seis meses. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A quick reading of the only 2 sections that might refer to what you ask show that yes, there is an income requirement in Article 41 for Visitantes involving their previous 6 months of employment, but that requirement is for Visitantes applying (due to "humanitarian reasons" - like refugees) to change status over to Residente Temporal.

The second possibly applicable section applies to people who allowed their visa to expire or who committed "unauthorized activities". Since Visitante permit holders are not allowed to change Immigration status while inside Mexico, (they must leave Mexico and go home to their Mexican Consulate there), then Visitantes do not qualify to use Article 52.

So, by our examinations of the 2011 Law, the Reglamento, and the Lineamientos, there is no clause with monthly income requirements.
steve

-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Nov 15, 2012, 6:09 AM)

frito

Nov 15, 2012, 9:44 AM

Post #6 of 123 (18343 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Q and A about the new INM rules

Thanks, that settles that!

Ric Hoffman

Nov 18, 2012, 7:20 AM

Post #7 of 123 (18119 views)

Shortcut

Re: [frito] Q and A about the new INM rules

This is a quote from a Mexican Consulate site concerning the Visitante requirements:
"Passengers traveling to visit Mexico as tourists, in transit or for business purposes, that arrive in a direct flight from the United States, will be allowed to enter Mexico presenting a valid passport and boarding pass. Proof of economic means may be requested (you can present an international credit card, travelers checks, etc.)." Updated as of 9 November 2012.

And this is from the new visa guidelines for use by the SRE-

LINEAMIENTOS generales para la expedición de visas que emiten las secretarías de Gobernación y de Relaciones Exteriores. Tramite 1 Visa de Visitante sin permiso para realizar actividades remuneradas:
Applicable to foreigners who intend to enter Mexico in visitor status without permission to engage in gainful activity for a period of 180 days.
b. Financial solvency:
1. Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with monthly average balance equivalent to five hundred days of general minimum wage in the Federal District, for the past six months, or
2. Original and copies of documents showing that employment has monthly income or pension unencumbered greater than the equivalent of one hundred and fifty days of general minimum wage in the Federal District, for the past six months.
3. For foreigners who regularly study in higher education institutions must present proof of original studies and original record of stable employment, pension or scholarship with a monthly income equivalent to one hundred days of general minimum wage in the District Federal.

(This post was edited by Ric Hoffman on Nov 18, 2012, 8:24 AM)

Rolly

Nov 18, 2012, 7:58 AM

Post #8 of 123 (18100 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ric Hoffman] Q and A about the new INM rules

Proof of economic means may be requested
This is not new. It has been the rule for many years, although rarely used.
Some years ago, a friend from El Salvador was refused entry at the México City airport because he had only $300 dollars for a two-week visit.

Rolly Pirate

soulpatch

Nov 18, 2012, 9:50 AM

Post #9 of 123 (18063 views)

Shortcut

I've been wrong plenty but wasn't there a family rate for FM3 before the new law?
I've looked but haven't found anything to that effect under the new law.

Rolly

Nov 18, 2012, 10:54 AM

Post #10 of 123 (18045 views)

Shortcut

Re: [soulpatch] Q and A about the new INM rules

Ehe "family rate"applies to the monthly income reequirement.
It's still in the new law but the rate has been reduced.

Rolly Pirate

soulpatch

Nov 18, 2012, 11:22 AM

Post #11 of 123 (18034 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Ehe "family rate"applies to the monthly income reequirement.
It's still in the new law but the rate has been reduced.

Poifect!
Ah, nothing like the sound that my rapidly diminishing savings account makes as we make this international move!
We've never been the type to just put a toe in, though.
Feet first and all in.

hooperdooper

Nov 18, 2012, 1:46 PM

Post #12 of 123 (17996 views)

Shortcut

So to confirm what I am reading. If a person who is here on an FM2 currently (but does not have 4 years on the FM2) They are able to go to Permanente right away if they can demonstrate that they have the equivalent of about 1million 550 thousand pesos in investments (or in the bank) that have remained at that level for 12 months. If they have that, then they can go directly to permanente without having to wait for 4 years on temporal.

Does this sound accurate?

Rolly

Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM

Post #13 of 123 (17990 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hooperdooper] Q and A about the new INM rules

Yes, almost. Your wrote that have remained at that level for 12 months.
Actually, the rule is that the monthly balance has averaged that amount over the past 12 months.

Rolly Pirate

mazbook1

Nov 18, 2012, 9:24 PM

Post #14 of 123 (17913 views)

Shortcut

Rolly, Just a note FYI and for others, particularly tourists. Today at the Mazatlán airport the lines for Migración were backed up anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 HOURS (usually takes 15 to 20 minutes at the worst of times). Seems none of the airlines had the new forms for the visitante card (or whatever it is called), so they had their passengers fill out the old FMM form during the flight. Once in Mazatlán, every single passenger had to fill out the NEW form (no idea what it's called yet) AFTER they got to the Migración officer, then go BACK to the immigración officer before Migración would clear them to proceed to luggage pickup and Aduana. May I say FUBAR?

(This post was edited by mazbook1 on Nov 18, 2012, 9:27 PM)

Diana

Nov 19, 2012, 2:09 PM

Post #15 of 123 (17815 views)

Shortcut

Diana Re: Q and A Need Clarification new INM rules

I would welcome clarification on the use of the language and terms used for "family", "spouse" and "dependents" as they pertain to the new proof of income requirements.

In the case of a "spouse", for example, are both spouses required to prove the same amount of income?

Thanks, Diana

roni_smith

Nov 19, 2012, 5:43 PM

Post #16 of 123 (17762 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hooperdooper] Q and A about the new INM rules

Your amount seems too high.

20,000 times minimum wage in DF (62.33 pesos) = 1,246,000 pesos

At the current exchange rate that is US $95,306

That is right, isn't it?
------
Planning for Mexico Move Blog

morgaine7

Nov 19, 2012, 5:50 PM

Post #17 of 123 (17758 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roni_smith] Q and A about the new INM rules

Yes, but your figures are for Temporal. He was asking about Permanente, which is 25,000 x minimum wage figure.

Kate

(This post was edited by morgaine7 on Nov 19, 2012, 5:51 PM)

roni_smith

Nov 19, 2012, 6:00 PM

Post #18 of 123 (17751 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Q and A about the new INM rules

There are other sources that have the same investment account amounts for temporal and permanente.

Which is correct?
------

morgaine7

Nov 19, 2012, 6:14 PM

Post #19 of 123 (17744 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roni_smith] Q and A about the new INM rules

I'd seen it in the legislation posted by the government. Just double-checked to make sure I hadn't misread it, but the instructions for both consulates and INM offices say 25,000 x DF minimum daily wage for Permanente, for retirees using the "investment and bank account" option. Maybe someone just made a mistake?

Kate

roni_smith

Nov 19, 2012, 6:33 PM

Post #20 of 123 (17732 views)

Shortcut

Probably just a mistake
------

YucaLandia

Nov 22, 2012, 6:00 AM

Post #21 of 123 (17500 views)

Shortcut

We got an interesting comment this morning about the requirement for foreigners needing to return to their home country to file residency applications with a Mexican Consulate in their home country.

Here is what they wrote:
" In the procedures manual it says you can still apply for a visa if you are not a national of the country you are applying from, you just have to show you are legal in that country. So for example a British person should be able to apply at a Mexican consulate in the US, by showing the I-94 (or I-94W) entry permit they got when entering the US.

http://www.dof.gob.mx/...amp;fecha=08/11/2012
Trámite 5
Aplicable a personas extranjeras que pretenden internarse a México en la condición de residente temporal con el objeto de permanecer por un tiempo mayor a 180 días y no mayor a 4 años.

III. “Original y copia del documento que acredite su legal estancia, si la persona extranjera no es nacionaldel país donde solicita la visa.

~~~~
I'm home sick with some wretched food poisoning, fever & chills, and a foggy head.
I have searched the document they reference and quote, and I cannot find their reference. If they are correct, then it would be a big help to a number of people who have residency permits in countries close to Mexico, saving them long expensive travels back home. e.g. One fellow from India in Mexico on a Visitors permit, really would like to use his US Permanent Residency status, and apply for Mexican Residency from a Consulate in the USA.

Does this interpretation seem sound/accurate?
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

morgaine7

Nov 22, 2012, 7:28 AM

Post #22 of 123 (17472 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Q and A about the new INM rules

Yes, it's there in Trámite 5, under Requisitos: III.
The reading seems accurate to me, FWIW.

Kate

morgaine7

Nov 23, 2012, 2:19 PM

Post #23 of 123 (17299 views)

Shortcut

Here are some "A's" from an immigration official interviewed by the Guadalajara Reporter:
http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/...using-new-rules.html

Kate

sparks

Nov 23, 2012, 2:26 PM

Post #24 of 123 (17297 views)

Shortcut

Part of the article

The good news is that ownership of real property may be factored into investment holdings. Also, individuals who were square with INM before November 9 as temporary residents won’t have to meet higher income brackets until the four year period they qualified for runs out.

Sparks Mexico - Sparks Costalegre

BajaBarry

Nov 24, 2012, 12:16 PM

Post #25 of 123 (17156 views)

Shortcut

Are there time limitations or requirements regarding being in Mexico, or outside of Mexico, for someone with Residente Permanente status? I thought there were for FM2/Immigrante. I am currently No Immigrante for 4 years.

Thanks
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4