Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Moisheh

Nov 14, 2012, 7:24 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3186 views)

Shortcut

New Immigraion policies Lead to Migraines

Can't Post | Private Reply
In Yiddish it is something like: Oy mein kepela tut mir vey! I have been trying to read some of the info that was posted here and on some of the recommended web sites. Fortunately we have a whole year before we have to do anything as our no inmigrantes are suposed to be ready this week. We live in Kino and many here are either RV'rs or have never bothered with FM3's. I tried to find out if these people would need some sort of proof of income for a 180 day permit. Could not find anything. I am also wondering why posters are saying that the Residente Temporal has not risen in price as compared to the old No Inmigrante. IT HAS! Was 1451 pesos and for one year is now 3130. More than double. Even if you buy it for 4 year it is more than 30 % higher. I still would like to know if the "FMM" can be had with NO proof of income. In one forum posters are saying that if if you want the FMM for more than 30 days proof of income is required?????? . What about the requirement for first timers that states you must go to the Mexian Embassy in your home country. For Canadians that could mean a car trip or flight half way across the country?? I know that most on this forum are not concerned with FMM's but I came here as there are some who seem to know a lot about the changes. What a mess! I would really appreciate some help in this matter.

Moisheh

(This post was edited by Moisheh on Nov 14, 2012, 7:30 AM)

Rolly

Nov 14, 2012, 8:24 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3165 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Moisheh] New Immigraion policies Lead to Migraines

one forum posters are saying that if if you want the FMM for more than 30 days proof of income is required??????
That is not true. The new form of the FMM is called Visitante. It is good for 180 days and has no income requirement.

Rolly Pirate

arbon

Nov 14, 2012, 10:18 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3138 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] New Immigraion policies Lead to Migraines

Can't Post |
one forum posters are saying that if if you want the FMM for more than 30 days proof of income is required??????
That is not true. The new form of the FMM is called Visitante. It is good for 180 days and has no income requirement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flyin tourists (30 Days) are being told they need a return ticket, drive in tourists need a (tested) credit card... right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rolly

Nov 14, 2012, 11:04 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3120 views)

Shortcut

Re: [arbon] New Immigraion policies Lead to Migraines

Where did you read that?

Rolly Pirate

Moisheh

Nov 14, 2012, 5:00 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3056 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] New Immigraion policies Lead to Migraines

Thanks Rolly: There is no need for a credit card for drive in tourists.

Moisheh

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4