Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Chuck77

Nov 11, 2012, 7:06 PM

Post #1 of 8 (5995 views)

Shortcut

retiree monthly income requirements for residency status

Can't Post | Private Reply
I've heard that for a single person, it is now $1,950.00 USD . Is this correct? And, for what designation FM2, FM3, or??

Rolly

Nov 11, 2012, 7:59 PM

Post #2 of 8 (5980 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chuck77] retiree monthly income requirements for residency status

Chuck, read this for detailed information.
http://rollybrook.com/...Directory.htm#Useful

Rolly Pirate

skier14

Nov 12, 2012, 1:33 PM

Post #3 of 8 (5926 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] retiree monthly income requirements for residency status

I have been married to a Mexican national for 13 years. We were married in Guadalajara, Jalisco. The Acta de Matramonial was recorded as advised by IMN. When I retired from my job as a teacher in California I came to mexico on a 180 day permit. When that permit expired I applied and received an FM3. At the end of 5 years I changed to an FM2. I now have a card that says INMIGRANTE Refrendo 2 that expires 12/04/2013. I can't remember if I had an FM2 booklet before the card. NOW WHAT????

Rolly

Nov 12, 2012, 1:47 PM

Post #4 of 8 (5923 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skier14] retiree monthly income requirements for residency status

Refrendo 2 means are in your second renewal.
Next year at renewal time, you will receive a Residente Temporal visa card.
You will get credit for time as an Inmigrante (FM2) toward the four years needed to go to Residente Permanente.

Rolly Pirate

Yacatecuhtli

Nov 12, 2012, 2:22 PM

Post #5 of 8 (5915 views)

Shortcut

But since Skier14 is married to a Mexican Citizen cant S/He go directly to Resident Permenente?

Cambio de condición residente permanente por vínculo familiar

! Al pan, pan y al vino, vino !

Rolly

Nov 12, 2012, 2:32 PM

Post #6 of 8 (5914 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Yacatecuhtli] retiree monthly income requirements for residency status

OOPS I missed that.

Rolly Pirate

chittle

Dec 5, 2012, 6:17 AM

Post #7 of 8 (5457 views)

Shortcut

Hi Rolly,
I have read the excellent info on your own site rearding the new immigration laws. Can you confirm if I am correct in my understanding that as a new retiree entering Mexico I can enter the country on a regular tourist visa and then immediatley go to the local immigration office (i.e. Morelia) and apply for a Residente Permante straight away (using savings/investment qualification) without having to go through the previous temporary visa processes/yearly accumulations that existed under the old rules before you could migrate to Residente Permante? If that is so, do you know if you have to prove the same $ savings holding each year when you file to renew your PR status? I realize the new program is still being interpreted by the powers that be and 'us' and things can (and do) change but I appreciate your efforts that help the likes of me see more clearly! I am currently in South America and, if my reading is correct, it would be a huge bonus not to have to return to the US to make a Residente Permante application.

Lovingmexico

Dec 5, 2012, 4:42 PM

Post #8 of 8 (5295 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chittle] retiree monthly income requirements for residency status

You can apply for a Permanent Resident visa from the start without having ever been to Mexico. You can only apply at a consulate in your home country. Within 30 days of crossing into Mexico you must go to a local Immigration office to complete the process including photos. Then you do not have to ever apply again.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4