Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

johninajijic

Nov 9, 2012, 11:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2430 views)

Shortcut

ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review in Ajijic - A Very Good One

Can't Post | Private Reply
After reading the reviews on TOB (chapala.com), we decided to try Armando's which was always good when he was there. Five of us from our Monthly Dinner group ate there tonight. We were greeted by Amy's Mom and then Amy came over to introduce herself. Both are very nice, personable people. I had made reservations to sit in the inside room. We arrived at 6:00 PM. By 7:00 PM the restaurant was full. I have never seen a restaurant in Ajijic this busy with all tables full.

They took our drink orders and we looked at the menu which is exactly the same as Armando's with same prices. After the drinks came, hot croissants and butter were brought to the table. Then Amy's Mom serving as a waitress explained the specials: The full blown special was Swiss Steak, a thinly sliced filet cooked in tomato broth with vegetables covering it served over mashed potatos with corn. A decent sized salad came with the meal with a choice of 4 dressings: Italian vinegarette, ranch, blue cheese and french. The meals dessert was bread pudding. All for 120 pesos. Another special was Shrimp over Fettucine in a light creamy sauce with red and yellow peppers. 120 pesos. Another special was very lightly battered Chicken strips over Fettucine in a light cream sauce with red and green peppers. 100 pesos.

One person ordered Soup of the Day which was a Vegetable soup with every vegetable imagineable in it. It was very thick and not too soupy. I ordered a Shrimp Coctail, about 6 smaller shrimp over Romaine lettuce with cocktail sauce.

Two people ordered the Swiss Steak special as described above. They said it was very good and would order it again. One person ordered the Chicken Scampi over Fettucine. Another person ordered the Shrimp Scampi over Fettucine. I ordered what I usually order, Shrimp in White Wine sauce. There were 10 smaller shrimp with green beans and carrots and rice. It tasted as if Armando had made it.

Everyone enjoyed their food and meeting the new owners. We highly recommend Armando's restaurant. Make a reservation. 766 2229

bronco

Nov 13, 2012, 1:02 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2291 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review in Ajijic - A Very Good One

john, do they still keep the fireplace going @ night? we were there 10 years ago in january freezing out. they had a fire & it was perfect. (maybe its not time yet for the extra heat).

Vichil

Nov 13, 2012, 3:50 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2272 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johninajijic] ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review in Ajijic - A Very Good One

Boy talking about a menu from the 50s!

johninajijic

Nov 13, 2012, 5:32 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2258 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review in Ajijic - A Very Good One

I assume they'll use it. The night we were there, it wasn't cold enough to light a fire.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4