Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 8:13 AM

Post #1 of 104 (16781 views)

Shortcut

It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
The 2012 INM procedures are spelled out online in two documents.
Visa applications are detailed in this one.
The whole handbook is here, and it is huge.

I'll be back with details as I figure them out. (Weekend plans shot to hell.)

Edited to correct second link.

Rolly Pirate

(This post was edited by Rolly on Nov 8, 2012, 9:09 AM)

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 8:41 AM

Post #2 of 104 (16760 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
First Read:
First time Residente Temporal applications-- income requirements
Submit documents proving one of the following assumptions:
Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with average balance Monthly equivalent to twenty thousand days of general minimum wage in the District Federal during the last twelve months,
or
Original and copies of documents showing that has employment or pension unencumbered monthly income higher than the equivalent of four hundred days of current minimum wage in the Federal District, for the past six months.

400 times the minimum wage for 6 months

Rolly Pirate

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 8:53 AM

Post #3 of 104 (16753 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
For Residencia Permanente

Retirees and pensioners:
Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with average Monthly equivalent to twenty thousand days of general minimum wage in the District Federal during the last twelve months,
or
Original and copies of documents showing that pension income has higher monthly equivalent of five hundred days' wages current minimum in the Federal District, for the past six months.
500 times the minimum wage for 6 months
That's going to be a bitch.

Rolly Pirate

joaquinx

Nov 8, 2012, 8:53 AM

Post #4 of 104 (16752 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Isn't the minimum wage in Mexico City 62.33 per day? Four hundred days is 24,932 pesos or at 13.00 pesos to the dollar 1,917.85 usd. That's a lot higher than the current income requirement for the old FM2.

Now 500 days! If I had that income, I'd be living in the US.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

(This post was edited by joaquinx on Nov 8, 2012, 8:56 AM)

stevebrtx

Nov 8, 2012, 9:27 AM

Post #5 of 104 (16726 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Sorry, but I'm having a hard time with the syntax here, the 6 month thing is confusing me, I get the 400 and 500 times and that is going to kill a lot of people. But is it saying I have to show that in my bank deposits each month for 6 months? Is that what the 6 month thing is?

I guess a second question would then be: If I go for permanent and qualify is that one time, or yearly, or truly "permanent"?
http://www.chapalaweather.net

(This post was edited by stevebrtx on Nov 8, 2012, 9:44 AM)

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 9:54 AM

Post #6 of 104 (16712 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
You must present bank statements for the past 6 months.
That's a change from the present requirement for 3 months of statements.

Rolly Pirate

stevebrtx

Nov 8, 2012, 10:00 AM

Post #7 of 104 (16705 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
If I were a real estate person, yesterday I'd have been doing high 5's over the results of the election assuming tons of people were coming down, today with these numbers? - I'd be totally depressed, that's a ton of money for many folks, a ton. Looks like they're going the Belize route, they definitely don't want poor folks there.

Now that I've stopped hyper ventilating, again, is Permanent a "one time" qualification? - or do you have to continue to show that level of income?
http://www.chapalaweather.net

(This post was edited by stevebrtx on Nov 8, 2012, 10:23 AM)

John Shrall

Nov 8, 2012, 10:24 AM

Post #8 of 104 (16691 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
The presentation of banking statements that comply with the written requirements could present a lot of issues. In the past, INM has accepted a single statement that showed the total amount of the required deposits over time. At least in Chapala you did not need to show monthly activity but rather that you had the total for the 3 month period in your account.

By reading the written rule it seems like they are now looking for 6 months of activity or a 12 month balance. Let's say the daily wage is $62.33 and we're looking at permanente. At 500 times you'd need to show deposits of a little over $31,000 pesos per month. Will they accept a statement showing a balance of 6 times that amount or about $187,000 pesos? It almost seems like they won't because of the alternate requirement investments of 20,000 times that daily rate which is a cool $1.25 million pesos.

Does the requirement double for married couples with joint accounts?

We may not know for sure until some of the first people applying under the new rules presents financial data that is deemed insufficient. Any feel for what INM is looking for other than enough assets to live in Mexico without placing any burden on the government?

garydenness

Nov 8, 2012, 12:11 PM

Post #9 of 104 (16636 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
In the last couple of months I've been reading that visas will have to be applied for in the applicants home country. However, I notice in one of these documents that if the applicant is not applying in their home country they must provide documentation demonstrating their legal status.

My question is : does this mean that it will be possible to apply for visas inside Mexico on a tourist visa, with the tourist visa being sufficient evidence of legal status? Or have a missed a part in these docs that disallows that?

Thanks.

JRinPV

Nov 8, 2012, 12:13 PM

Post #10 of 104 (16635 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Rolly. Hi who are things up north ?
I trust you understand this stuff better than I, you're talking about "First time Residente", what about me, who's been here on a FM3 for about 12 years now ??

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 12:34 PM

Post #11 of 104 (16618 views)

Shortcut

Re: [garydenness] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
Gary, it means the applicant must be a legal resident of the country where he is applying at a consulate.
For example, a guy from Germany cannot save money by applying in the USA to avoid the cost of flying back to Germany.

Rolly Pirate

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 12:37 PM

Post #12 of 104 (16612 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JRinPV] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
JR, I haven't read far enough yet to be sure, but I think the home country trip only applies to first time forks. I sure hope so.

Rolly Pirate

garydenness

Nov 8, 2012, 12:45 PM

Post #13 of 104 (16605 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Thanks Rolly,

I guess I've got a ton of questions, but I'll spare you all the tedious ones. Or try to. I lived in Mexico for 6 years till I came back to the UK in 2011. I married my Mexican wife in 2008, in the US. We're going back to live in Mexico asap. The only thing holding us up at the moment.......my visa!

From the doc, I'm reading (with my poor Spanish) that I need Tramite 7. Does this allow me to work in Mexico? And as I'd be applying as a spouse of a Mexican citizen, I'm not sure I see a financial requirement there - neither income past, nor proof of job in Mexico.

I really appreciate your input.

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 1:05 PM

Post #14 of 104 (16576 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
You can read the page in English.
Open the link, scroll to the far right, then scroll down until you come to a place to request a translation.
I take a while for the translation to come up.

Rolly Pirate

travelerjjm

Nov 8, 2012, 2:03 PM

Post #15 of 104 (16516 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Thanks for this and all your other good info.

I read the translation. I would like to move down and work online. My wife may work also as an artist. I have a few first questions:
1) In Article 42 it refers to the system of points. But I cannot find out how that works. I have professional certifications and a Masters' degree and want to check on how the points work. Any ideas?
2) In Article 44 I see "ii. Original and copy of the documents proving that he has employment or pension with monthly income equivalent to four hundred days unencumbered of force in the Federal District and in the case of the visitor without permission general wage to carry out remunerated unencumbered monthly income shall be equivalent to one hundred fifty days of the general minimum wage in force in the Federal District, both during the past six months." Where did the 500 you refer to above come from? Looking at the English and Spanish, it seems that one without permission to work only needs 150 days worth. Is that how you understand it?
3) In Article 63 I see "4. In case of independent activities, shall be accompanied by written under protest to tell truth in the that expresses the occupation which is devoted and the place in which will develop activities own of their occupation, and must attach if necessary, proof of the registration Federal taxpayers;" So one needs a notarized document and a tax number before applying?

Thanks.
--john

(This post was edited by travelerjjm on Nov 8, 2012, 2:38 PM)

chicos98

Nov 8, 2012, 4:29 PM

Post #16 of 104 (16371 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
been here in vallarta for the last forty years with a immigrado FM2 status
with the original forty year old worn out FM2 booklet
what are the new regulations if any for me
thanks
chico

sparks

Nov 8, 2012, 4:37 PM

Post #17 of 104 (16358 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicos98] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
If you never progressed past FM2 it may be like you arrived yesterday .... unless you own a titled house

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

chicos98

Nov 8, 2012, 4:50 PM

Post #18 of 104 (16341 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
what that supposed to mean
have worked and retired here with no problems

La Isla

Nov 8, 2012, 4:59 PM

Post #19 of 104 (16331 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JRinPV] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Rolly.
I trust you understand this stuff better than I, you're talking about "First time Residente", what about me, who's been here on a FM3 for about 12 years now ??

And what about me, here for 3 years on an FM3 and now on my second year with a No Inmigrante visa?

La Isla

Nov 8, 2012, 5:03 PM

Post #20 of 104 (16329 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

I guess I've got a ton of questions, but I'll spare you all the tedious ones. Or try to. I lived in Mexico for 6 years till I came back to the UK in 2011. I married my Mexican wife in 2008, in the US. We're going back to live in Mexico asap. The only thing holding us up at the moment.......my visa!

Sorry about your visa problem but happy to hear you're returning to Mexico!

Rolly

Nov 8, 2012, 5:13 PM

Post #21 of 104 (16319 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
There is no such thing as Inmigrado FM2. It's one or the other. My guess is you are an Inmigrado.
If so, that will convert to Residente Permanente.

Rolly Pirate

chicos98

Nov 8, 2012, 5:26 PM

Post #22 of 104 (16303 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
ok i am a inmigrado with the same forty year old book
still do i have to do anything

Axixic

Nov 8, 2012, 5:31 PM

Post #23 of 104 (16295 views)

Shortcut

Re: [stevebrtx] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
If people can financially qualify to move here, it will be a buyer's market. If a property has to be worth more than $195,000 to get around the financial requirements, it won't be worth that much for long because people can't sell their houses to a smaller market and prices will drop like a rock. Those without $2000-$2400 a month in unencumbered income or who don't have $100,000 in the bank and have a house worth less than $195,000 US will have to leave or go to the border every 6 months for a temporary visa (or whatever it's called.)

What do they think will happen to the Lakeside area or any other expat community? They will become ghost towns. I'm sure the majority of expats here will not financially qualify.

Whoever came up with these insane financial requirements needs to be fired.

morgaine7

Nov 8, 2012, 5:37 PM

Post #24 of 104 (16288 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
As I recall, during the "Ancient Days of the Book", the Inmigrado declaration was on a page inside the gray FM2 booklet. Chico, maybe you were supposed to swap the book for an Inmigrado laminated card, but I don't know that it was required. If you've left Mexico and returned without INM saying anything, I'd imagine you're okay. Now presumably you could swap the book for a Residente Permanente card, but again, no idea if it's required.

Kate

soulpatch

Nov 8, 2012, 5:49 PM

Post #25 of 104 (16270 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] It's here! IMN HANDBOOK IS ONLINE

| Private Reply
Well, I hope all the people that told me to relax, don't worry, it will all work out still have that same confidence!

hahaha! Well, I guess we will see.
It will all work out but if I have to prove income and investments at that level I can only imagine what many retirees are thinking!
I easily meet the minimum monthly cash flow and hopefully they will consider my pension as an investment.
Gonna be fun!
Gee, maybe those beaches will stay empty a lot longer than even I was hoping for.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4