Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

johanson / Moderator

Oct 18, 2012, 8:28 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3933 views)

Shortcut

Having computer problems

Can't Post | Private Reply
I will not be checking this forum as much for a few days. I have computer problems, that I'm trying to fix myself. Luckily I have a backup laptop. Wish me luck

Pete
El ruco

YucaLandia

Oct 22, 2012, 6:24 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3868 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Having computer problems

Need help?

Advice?

Recommendations?

Links to vendors?

We'd all be glad to help you,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

johanson / Moderator

Oct 23, 2012, 6:16 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3847 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Having computer problems

Thanks for the offer. But luckily I'm getting close to a total solution on my Windows 7 machine. I'm on my 6 year old Vista laptop, So at least I'm communicating again.

For some reason after running CC cleaner I messed up some software. I got most of it fixed. It's that I don't want to reformat.

Luckily should I need help, I have a neighbor who is brilliant and can coach me when needed. It's just that I'm trying to do it myself, to keep in practice, and it's taking longer than what the pros will take.

But thank you very much anyway.

Pete

El Ruco

GringoCArlos

Oct 23, 2012, 12:05 PM

Post #4 of 7 (3829 views)

Shortcut

It might help to run Glary Utilities or Advanced System Care each time after using CCleaner. Running CCleaner sometimes seems to create quirks in the computer's registry.

joaquinx

Oct 23, 2012, 12:14 PM

Post #5 of 7 (3827 views)

Shortcut

Just wait until you get Windows 8. Then the solution is a can of gasoline and a match or a sledge.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

johanson / Moderator

Oct 23, 2012, 1:03 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3825 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Having computer problems

One laptop ago I used a touch screen 15 inch HP laptop and did not like it for several reasons. I've still got it and just maybe, I will upgrade it to Win 8 for $40 US to see how easy it will be for the old old man to learn how to use Win 8 with a touch screen.

Axience123

Nov 20, 2012, 3:00 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3588 views)

Shortcut

Paid Survey for Messengers

Are you using a messenger such as Skype, Whatsapp, ooVoo etc.? Participate in a survey and win iPad (mini)! This is not spam you can contact us directly: Gleb Zhukov at gleb.zhukov@axience.com. Please follow the link to sign-up for the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KC7T33

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4