Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Arizonakid

Oct 17, 2012, 6:10 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3051 views)

Shortcut

Mel's Diner

Can't Post | Private Reply
Will someone please give me directions to Mel's Diner in Ajijic. My daughter tells me it is on Colon but I have been up and down the street without finding it. I am supposed to meet them for brunch on Sunday. Thanks.

bournemouth

Oct 17, 2012, 6:20 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3047 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Arizonakid] Mel's Diner

It's in the back of the little hotel on Colon, facing the plaza. I can't remember the name - something like Hotel Plaza Ajijic.

Arizonakid

Oct 17, 2012, 9:39 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3015 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Mel's Diner

Thanks, I'll give it another try.

Gringal

Oct 17, 2012, 11:20 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2990 views)

Shortcut

It's called Hotel Ajijic or Ajijic Suites, right across the street from the Plaza. Mel's is in the back of the property. You'll see the sign when you're in the doorway of the hotel.

Arizonakid

Oct 17, 2012, 1:13 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2969 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Mel's Diner

Thanks, I should be able to find it now. I hope the brunch will be worth the effort to find the place. Oh well, the company will be good and that's what life is all about.........being with those we love.

Gringal

Oct 18, 2012, 12:40 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2890 views)

Shortcut

Went there last Sunday. Large variety of offerings, but I think the best choice is a freshly made omelet with your choice of many ingredients.
The rest is "food warmer" fare; some quite good and some is mystery substance. Big dessert table, and my husband had a caramel flan custard dish he liked. I had a plate of fruit. Otherwise, if you like the very sweet Mexican desserts, there are plenty to choose from.

Thought I'd let you in on at least one opinion so you'll know what to expect. Have a nice time with your friends, too.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4