Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Musicman

Oct 14, 2012, 6:15 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3794 views)

Shortcut

Option to local transportation or personal cars

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know of a motorcycle dealer in Guadalajara?
If I should return to lakeside, I think I would be interested in an enduro type of motorcycle, i.e., a Kawasaki, Honda, or Suzuki 650.
Touring bikes, such as my Harley Davidson Road King, would not be practical on cobblestone roads.
I would also consider a used motorcycle in very good condition.
Thanks,
Don

texican

Oct 15, 2012, 4:09 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3749 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Musicman] Option to local transportation or personal cars

There is plenty of motorcycle dealerships in Guadalajara, A Harley 883 is not bad on the cobblestones. There are plenty of used bikes available around Lakeside and on Mercado Libre which is like Ebay

Musicman

Oct 15, 2012, 9:26 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3673 views)

Shortcut

Re: [texican] Option to local transportation or personal cars

Thanks, Texican. Have you. or people you know, made purchases through Mercado Libre? If so, do they accept PayPal as a form of payment?

sfmacaws

Oct 16, 2012, 12:18 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3613 views)

Shortcut

I've purchased things through MercadoLibre but nothing as large as a motorcycle. Even so, the usual payment is they send you an account at a bank and you go and make a deposit into it. You can also do it from OXXO and perhaps other convenience stores. That's how I've bought plants and seeds, not sure with big ticket items. I kind of doubt they would take US paypal however, but you never know.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Axixic

Oct 16, 2012, 5:18 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3579 views)

Shortcut

Mercadolibre doesn't take PayPal. You pay the vendors directly through deposits to their banks using a card or cash. If you have a PayPal MasterCard I guess you can use it.

MazDee

Oct 27, 2012, 8:08 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3222 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Axixic] Option to local transportation or personal cars

I just read a thread about Mercado Libre on a local forum, and they do have something LIKE Paypal which several responders said they have used successfully.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4