Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Mexico City & Surroundings

skyline

Sep 16, 2012, 10:17 AM

Post #1 of 5 (5600 views)

Shortcut

NYT article for foodies in Mexico City

Can't Post | Private Reply
A fun article to read in the on-line edition this weekend in the NYT travel section. Great food spots from street vendors to small resturants in Mexico City. Foodies will like this one recomended by J.J.Goode .

fordmexico

Sep 16, 2012, 10:44 AM

Post #2 of 5 (5586 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skyline] NYT article for foodies in Mexico City

Picked this up from my Google News feed for Mexico. Its a link to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette re-print of J. J. Goode's piece for the New York Times, "Mexico City for Tamales, Tortas and Tacos". As skyline said its an interesting article for those either living in the D. F. or planning to visit.

Here is the link:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/life/travel/mexico-city-for-tamales-tortas-and-tacos-653477/

fishfrier

Sep 16, 2012, 11:14 AM

Post #3 of 5 (5583 views)

Shortcut

Re: [fordmexico] NYT article for foodies in Mexico City

For those in the Merida area there is no need to travel to DF for Mexico City street food. The students of the Glion Institute of Higher Education in U.V.M. Merida are running a restaurant called Marchantita-Cocina Urbana or Mexico City street food. Each term the students of Glion's 5th semester operate a restaurant of their creation for 1 month. The students get a "hands on" education in the restaurant industry. This semesters' students have already surpassed their budgeted sales for their project in only two weeks with two more weeks left before the project comes to an end. The challenge I have given them for the next two weeks is to maximize their profit potential. Check out their project on Facebook, Marchantita-CU.

Anonimo

Sep 17, 2012, 1:45 AM

Post #4 of 5 (5528 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skyline] NYT article for foodies in Mexico City

I thought it was a good article, although there was almost nothing we hadn't read before on the topic.

Saludos,
Anonimo

esperanza

Sep 17, 2012, 4:12 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5474 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] NYT article for foodies in Mexico City

The tamales seller at La Espiga is just around the corner from my house. Maybe tomorrow...

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4